Ibanez wait times/customer service - Jemsite
Comments to Ibanez Here is your chance to post your comments to Ibanez. Officially this topic is NOT endorsed, approved or monitored by Ibanez/Hoshino. That said, voice your opinion anyway. Please be courteous.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-14-2007, 10:56 AM Thread Starter

Ibanez wait times/customer service

Back on 7/13/07 I placed an order for an RG2550 via my local guitar shop. At the time I was told that it could take up to 6-8 weeks to get the guitar in. Today marks the 9th week, and the salesperson called me up to tell me that it would take another 2 weeks to get it in. Apparently Hoshino in California have about 1000 guitars to go through, and they're waiting until they're all inspected before they send any of them out. Being that my guitar is a special order I would think that it would be a priority over stock items, but apparently Ibanez doesn't feel the same way. So, that's 11 weeks (or more, depending on whether or not the time frame I was given is correct. I'm not holding my breath) when I was originally quoted 6-8; those were the words right from the Ibanez reps mouth. As much as I love Ibanez my suggestion is that they seriously take a look at their customer service and just how important customer satisfaction is to their company. At the moment it's looking like my guitar is going to end up coming around the same week I'm going to be leaving for England for three months; if I'd known that I never would have bothered in the first place.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-14-2007, 11:02 AM
Vendor

Re: Ibanez wait times/customer service

The date given was probably anticipated arrival date, which can be affected and delayed by many things outside of any companies control. And it's probably 10,000 guitars they have to go thru. Your order is no more special than everybody elses. The only thing that makes it "special" is that the dealer wouldn't have ordered it if you didn't buy it, so to the dealer it's a "special order" item.
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-14-2007, 03:44 PM

I am in the same boat waiting for my RGT220A. Remember, all good things come to those who wait. Until then I will just dream about it =)
post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-14-2007, 08:57 PM
Dee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich View Post
The date given was probably anticipated arrival date, which can be affected and delayed by many things outside of any companies control. And it's probably 10,000 guitars they have to go thru. Your order is no more special than everybody elses. The only thing that makes it "special" is that the dealer wouldn't have ordered it if you didn't buy it, so to the dealer it's a "special order" item.
So essentially, what you're saying is: stop whining?

post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-14-2007, 09:03 PM
Vendor

Yup
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-14-2007, 10:06 PM

I had to wait 8 weeks for an AR300 in 1980, brings back memories
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-15-2007, 09:34 AM

Cancel the order, and buy from Rich IBZ customer service blows, and they don't seem to care.
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-15-2007, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpd111 View Post
Cancel the order, and buy from Rich IBZ customer service blows, and they don't seem to care.
While I would love to buy from Rich, I am getting my RGT220A for $1259.00 brand new untouched cept by Ibanez. As cool as Rich is I doubt he could beat that price.
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-15-2007, 10:17 AM
Vendor

Plus tax?

And for under $300 more you'd have a perfect guitar with stud mod, and no tax. A cheap deal is just that, untouched by "anybody". Not that I care if you buy one, but your perceptions on what's a "good deal" are a little skewed
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-15-2007, 11:09 AM Thread Starter

@Rich- That's exactly what I was thinking the other day. "If I'd bought this guitar from Rich I would have had it already AND got the locking stud mod as well..."

Oh well.
post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-15-2007, 11:33 AM
Vendor

It's not the stud mod, it's the rebuild and upgrades. But I'm sure the wait won't be too much longer. Just don't think about it and it'll be in before you know it
post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-15-2007, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Plus tax?

And for under $300 more you'd have a perfect guitar with stud mod, and no tax. A cheap deal is just that, untouched by "anybody". Not that I care if you buy one, but your perceptions on what's a "good deal" are a little skewed
That’s with tax. Not worried bout the stud mod since I rarly use the wammy bar. 300 can buy a lot of fun gear to fool around with. Not to mention new drum set and lessons, the 15 year diamond ring I bought my wife, my cookie addiction, and new house we just bought. I am straped lmao.
post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-15-2007, 12:02 PM
Vendor

Oatmeal or chocolate chip?
post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-15-2007, 12:10 PM

You just bought a new house with $300

Man....property sure is cheap over there
post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-15-2007, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Oatmeal or chocolate chip?

Both, I dont discriminate when it comes to cookies

Tags
guitar shop , local guitar shop , locking stud , locking stud mod

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode