Ibanez, what about endorsing... her? - Jemsite
Comments to Ibanez Here is your chance to post your comments to Ibanez. Officially this topic is NOT endorsed, approved or monitored by Ibanez/Hoshino. That said, voice your opinion anyway. Please be courteous.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-25-2007, 08:18 AM Thread Starter

Ibanez, what about endorsing... her?

guys at Ibanez, did you know Lori Linstruth? check THIS and THIS! she would shed some light onto a darkish spot in the endorsees rank, made out of mean and masked guys...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-25-2007, 06:35 PM

Re: Ibanez, what about endorsing... her?

Not bad at all. Would not mind seein her with Lita Ford, the original lady shredder.....
post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-27-2007, 07:41 AM

Agreed completely. Ibanez and LACS please save her from those Squiers lol.
post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-27-2007, 04:06 PM

Reviews: 10
Cool Re: Ibanez, what about endorsing... her?

Quote:
Originally Posted by eelblack2 View Post
Agreed completely. Ibanez and LACS please save her from those Squiers lol.
Fender Heavy Metal Guitars are awesome Guitars, easily better than many Ibanez models, so don't be so quick to judge until you have played one!
post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-27-2007, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLIE_ROCKS_THE_80'S View Post
Fender Heavy Metal Guitars are awesome Guitars, easily better than many Ibanez models, so don't be so quick to judge until you have played one!
I owned 2 HM strats for 8 years - hated them particularly the trems. I judged based on personal experience and the fact that I could not afford anything else at the time. You are correct in that the build quality is quite a bit above most low/mid ibanez however. Ive also owned quite a few Heartfield Talons so trust me, Ive been there and done the whole Fenderized shred guitar route.
post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-09-2007, 09:20 PM

The HM Strats rule, and yes, the common issue is the Kahler Spyder trem, unreliable and hard to find parts for. She sold both of those guitars, just so you know, I think she is playing Luna...quick Ibanez...get her a guitar!
post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-09-2007, 09:36 PM

There are no issues with the Kahler spyder unless you do not know how to set it up properly! Kahlers are about the best when it comes to tone and tuning stability!!! definitely up there with the OFR, edge and lo-pro
post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-09-2007, 09:53 PM

Quote:
I owned 2 HM strats for 8 years - hated them particularly the trems. I judged based on personal experience and the fact that I could not afford anything else at the time. You are correct in that the build quality is quite a bit above most low/mid ibanez however. Ive also owned quite a few Heartfield Talons so trust me, Ive been there and done the whole Fenderized shred guitar route.
Are you sure you had Fender HMs??? you mentioned in one of your posts "Squire" and there were lower end HM squire models available back then, which aren't up to par with the Fender HM. The Fender HM is on the same league with the Ibanez prestige models and no less.
post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-10-2007, 01:10 PM

my hm strat has a floyd rose original. i am lucky to have the one i do. dimarzio super 3 and american strat singles with master volume and tone. push/pull coil tap on the volume and the tone is a TBX. it has the cool blue crackle paint, too. so the hm's are hit and miss depending on model. the kahler's killed the hm strats, so the floyd ones are the rarer and sweeter of them all.

rich
post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-10-2007, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rty13ibz98 View Post
my hm strat has a floyd rose original. i am lucky to have the one i do. dimarzio super 3 and american strat singles with master volume and tone. push/pull coil tap on the volume and the tone is a TBX. it has the cool blue crackle paint, too. so the hm's are hit and miss depending on model. the kahler's killed the hm strats, so the floyd ones are the rarer and sweeter of them all.

rich
You talk like you the know all end all of guitars!!! So what exactly makes you think they are hit or miss depending on model? first of all there weren't different models "dude" there was either Fender HM MIJ or the lower end HM squire that's it! in it's final year of production there was what some call the American made batch which had the OFR, Neck through and arrow inlays, of course there is a lot of debate whether they really were made in America despite of what the neck plate claims on all HMs.
To say that the kahler killed the HM strats is retarded!!!
Kahlers are just as good as OFR, the only draw back was that for a while you could not find spare parts for them but that has changed now, the company is alive and well!!! in fact, I think that the flat radius on the spyder allows for lower action and more comfortable playing without the need to radius your fretboard to the bridge. If you don't like kahlers that's ok, you're entitled to your opinion just don't sell it as a fact!!! and FYI: I don't find the HM with an OFR to be any sweeter than the ones equipped with kahlers.

Last edited by OLIE_ROCKS_THE_80'S; 12-11-2007 at 02:40 AM.
post #11 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-10-2007, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLIE_ROCKS_THE_80'S View Post
Are you sure you had Fender HMs??? you mentioned in one of your posts "Squire" and there were lower end HM squire models available back then, which aren't up to par with the Fender HM. The Fender HM is on the same league with the Ibanez prestige models and no less.
They were definitely the MIJ HM Strats. I only called them Squire's because its hard for me to call anything that doesnt have 3 single coils and a pickguard a "Strat". Just purely picky/wierdness on my part.

The bridge and the neck shape were what threw me off on the HM strats. Probably again, just picky/wierdness on my part. I actually dug the later Talons a bit more probably because of 550-like vibe.
post #12 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-10-2007, 07:16 PM

Reviews: 25

Back to the lady guitarist, she's great, but don't you think she needs to be playing Ibanez guitars first off to even be thought of as a representative of Ibanez.
post #13 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-11-2007, 02:37 AM

Wink Re: Ibanez, what about endorsing... her?

Quote:
They were definitely the MIJ HM Strats. I only called them Squire's because its hard for me to call anything that doesnt have 3 single coils and a pickguard a "Strat". Just purely picky/wierdness on my part.

The bridge and the neck shape were what threw me off on the HM strats. Probably again, just picky/wierdness on my part. I actually dug the later Talons a bit more probably because of 550-like vibe.
You are definitely entitled to not like the trems! I just wanted to point out that they are not low quality or have crappy tuning stability, Kahlers are great trems, I love them as much as my OFR, Edge, Lo pro's, wonder bar, wilkinson, Gotoh, Schaller etc...
post #14 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-11-2007, 07:21 PM

My friend has a HM Strat with the Spyder, and it's great. Just as good, if not higher quality than most Ibanezes I've played.
post #15 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-11-2007, 07:56 PM

shouldn't she be endorsing ibanez? not ibanez endorsing her? hehehehe

Tags
coil tap , floyd rose , heavy metal , ibanez guitars , ibanez models , neck plate , neck shape , pull coil , pull coil tap

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode