Ibanez, you guys need some new colors and options!!! - Page 2 - Jemsite
Comments to Ibanez Here is your chance to post your comments to Ibanez. Officially this topic is NOT endorsed, approved or monitored by Ibanez/Hoshino. That said, voice your opinion anyway. Please be courteous.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-30-2010, 03:57 AM

Reviews: 27
Smile Re: Ibanez, you guys need some new colors and options!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuno View Post
don't pull the rope too much, people, Ibanez is not a household workshop, it needs time and high numbers for a step to move forward.
Good point! Ibanez does need high numbers. Gee, I wonder how they might go about coming up with numbers that would prompt these types of changes...........

Quote:
Originally Posted by jono View Post
Exactly, nuno!!! There's little point in individuals saying "guitar X should be available lipstick red or jewel blue because they're my favourite ever colours", because everyone has different favourites.
That may be quite true indeed. In my opinion, however, there's even less of a point in stifling someone's expression of their own desires. The very fact that Jemsite even *has* a Comments-to-Ibanez forum suggests that this is an acceptable place for someone to do so, even if it truly is just a pipe-dream.

Quote:
PortlandAxe also should realise that the artist has a lot of say over the colours that signature models are available in.
I do expect that the artist has a lot of say. I also expect that Ibanez may have some say as well, even if only manifested as an anecdotal comment to the artist in passing, i.e. "There does seem to be some interest in having some other color options. What's your feeling on that, Joe?"

I can always dream..

Last edited by PortlandAxe; 05-30-2010 at 04:43 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-30-2010, 06:01 AM
Super Moderator

Reviews: 1
Re: Ibanez, you guys need some new colors and options!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PortlandAxe View Post
That may be quite true indeed. In my opinion, however, there's even less of a point in stifling someone's expression of their own desires. The very fact that Jemsite even *has* a Comments-to-Ibanez forum suggests that this is an acceptable place for someone to do so, even if it truly is just a pipe-dream.
I'm really not trying to stifle your artistic experssion, promise! I'm just point out that this particular forum on the site isn't generally intended as the best part of the site to put your own personal specific "top 5 of colour choices that would mean you promise to buy one of each of them straight away if only they'd just do whatyou ask". Asking for the reintroduction of some of older paint codes or the introduction of new ones reminiscent of they heydays is regarded as a better way of doing it. I admit I was a bit harsh and I apologise for that, I'm just trying to say that my faves are not your faves are not his faves are not her faves...

Quote:
I do expect that the artist has a lot of say. I also expect that Ibanez may have some say as well, even if only manifested as an anecdotal comment to the artist in passing, i.e. "There does seem to be some interest in having some other color options. What's your feeling on that, Joe?"
General understanding is that the artist has full say. I agree it'd be great to see more colour choices on the signature models and I still wish that ernie ball colour scheme model could be applied (same guitar, huge range of finishes) but, Ibanez doesn't emloy that model and hasn't in over 20 years of doing these types of guitars. We get what the artist wants.

Quote:
I can always dream..
All us here do
post #18 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-30-2010, 07:47 PM

Reviews: 27

Quote:
I admit I was a bit harsh and I apologise for that.
Please, no apologies. My tongue was planted firmly my cheek when I made that statement!

Quote:
General understanding is that the artist has full say.
In that case, it is easy enough to bug Joe on his own forum! <snicker>

Quote:
I agree it'd be great to see more colour choices on the signature models and I still wish that ernie ball colour scheme model could be applied (same guitar, huge range of finishes)
Now wouldn't *that* be incredible. I'm sure there are at least some folks who chose Ernie Ball because of that, too.

The way I see it, it doesn't hurt anyone to post suggestions. They will either take them or leave them. If they do ever influence a decision, it will likely be due to the number of similar suggestions they've received through multiple sources over perhaps a few years. Well, you still have to start somewhere!

Gary
post #19 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-05-2010, 06:15 PM

SWIRLS SWIRLS SWIRLS!!!!
post #20 of 25 (permalink) Old 07-07-2010, 09:08 PM

I remember, many years ago, Ibanez did a range of USA Custom guitars. You could simply fill in a form at your local store, telling them what you wanted. What Colour (they even had snakeskin), what neck, what headstock, pick-ups etc. You then paid your money and awaited your guitar being made.
At that time I would never have been able to afford one of those things. You do still see them knocking about though.
I aspired as a young player to own an ibanez guitar. They were very expensive when the rg first appeared. I actually ended up with the first RG that came into the country. It was the Reps demo guitar. A bright orange RG which, after a few years, started bleeding through purple from the primer. Pity I dont still have it!!!

Anyway. I think its important to tell Ibanez when you think they have it wrong. They invariably get it right. But obviously a company of this size needs to know something has a large selling capacity in order to make something viable to create.

I would just like to see the return of the more avante-garde swirls and insanity that made them the outstanding, forward thinking guitar maker that, in my mind at least, they are.
post #21 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-26-2010, 07:46 PM

What about the old US custom graphic series, that would be an awesome reissue just add new graphics.
post #22 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-07-2010, 08:22 PM

Reviews: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inzane View Post
I'll just be happy if they added more GREEN to the lineup, as per my thread the other day.

GREEN is one of the colors that has yet to resurface with any signficance.

Where's the GREEN, Ibanez?
yeah i thought the same thing ever since i saw the Xiphos in that flat green i thought that color need to be on a rg
post #23 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-11-2011, 04:13 PM

Reviews: 17

To be frank, i think the reason ibanez only occasionally does swirls every now and again is because if they mass produced a guitar with a swirl on, it would make them seem less amazing. What im trying to get at is that if every man and his dog had bought a swirl, it'll take down this rare, godlike guitar down to the level of the common man, its the equivalent of everyone suddenly buying a Ferrari.

As for graphics, Ibanez has done a ton of graphics recently, on lower end guitars I'll give you that but still.

Another thing, if ibanez started making Graphic Prestige model, And they got around the fact that you all probably wouldn't accept printed graphics, so had to employ a person to paint the graphics by hand, and because of that WERE able to churn out the numbers needed per day (since that's what were downfall of the original USCGR) which is that it took AGES to paint them. Even if they got around that problem they would then have to suffer
hundreds of people on Jemsite complaining in the "Comments to Ibanez" Part saying which graphic they would like to see next.

And yes, id like to see no more black ibanez, and more ibanez with a
fender style trem on them, i know a floyd rose does more that those fender style trems but people are stupid, and you must accommodate for that. Oh, and an edge zero with a built in tremol-no, or atleast one that will work with one.

Thats it
post #24 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-11-2011, 07:44 PM

I completely agree with the idea of giving the option to have less colors on the swirls. I think too many swirled colors makes a guitar look kind of trashy, I think 1 or 2 colored swirls would be really cool though. Just my opinion, don't take it personally.
post #25 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-26-2011, 10:39 AM

I agree we need some Loch Ness Green. Mixed with pink and yellow accessories ala old school Jems, the look is just amazing.

Tags
colors , ibanez , suggestions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode