Jem Jack - on japanese rg models - Jemsite
Comments to Ibanez Here is your chance to post your comments to Ibanez. Officially this topic is NOT endorsed, approved or monitored by Ibanez/Hoshino. That said, voice your opinion anyway. Please be courteous.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-10-2001, 05:11 AM Thread Starter

Jem Jack - on japanese rg models

Don't know if it's been asked before but why not?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-10-2001, 10:20 AM

Jem Jack

The angled JEM jack is an integral part of that particular signature series. *With Ibanez, the artist has 110% control over their signature model guitars. *If Joe wanted little alien-headed volume and tone controls, you'd see that on the JS's. *If Joe only wants to put out 3 JS guitars (total) for 2002, that's up to him too. *It's not as simple as "Oh...let's add Evolutions to this model!". *Part of the reason JEM specs are so kooky is that Steve is so damn kooky. *:-)

Every single aspect of the sig. models needs the approval of the artist before it goes anywhere else. *That's just how Hoshino works.

To get the JEM jacks on RG's, you'll have to lobby Vai himself; not Hoshino.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-10-2001, 11:28 AM Thread Starter

Jem Jack

It's not like they would be using a monkey grip and I'm wondering if Vai would really care that much as to not help the company that has been good to him all these years. In any case I think the rg models need a new jack position if not jem style then maybe strat style built right into the body(minus the metal cover).

(Edited by Noodles at 10:28 am on April 10, 2001)
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-10-2001, 11:43 AM
site founder 0% owner

Reviews: 1
Jem Jack

I believe the angled output jack is left off the RG strictly as another 'barrier' between the RG and JEM. It all comes down to lowering production cost of the RGs and simultaneously not offering too many features at half price that can cut into JEM sales. I don't believe Vai would be so jerky to say 'don't put that on any guitar but mine' because it *really* is a useful feature, not a cosmetic one (like the grip & lion's claw). This is all speculation, since noone knows definitively... glen
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-10-2001, 07:46 PM

Jem Jack

First off, I agree that it is a feature which divides the JEM's from the RG's and is a reason why they've never done it before. Second, I believe they should do it to high-end J-custom RG's that are 1,000+$. And last, IT IS SO EASY TO DO I dont know why people mind doing it themselves. I'm a complete idoit and I did it to both my RG7 and AX7 and they came out perfect (thanks ryan). Im not saying you cant mess up...you sure as hell can. But anyone who is so picky and really wants the angle jack that bad I assume would be able to do it themselves.

But then again there are probably a lot of people who don't like the idea of having anyone else but a professional drill holes in their guitars. I didn't give a damn. if it still plays it plays. and better yet now I have these great angle jacks which were worth the effort. (and what very little it was) took all of 20 minutes to do both.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-10-2001, 10:32 PM

Jem Jack

did you fill or cover the old hole with anything?
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-10-2001, 11:08 PM

Jem Jack

I wasn't saying that SSV doesn't WANT to put the angled jacks on RG's. *It's just that Ibanez needs his OK to do it.

J-Customs with angled jacks? *Sign me up.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-10-2001, 11:50 PM Thread Starter

Jem Jack

Do the K-7's have a jem jack? I know that some of there customs did.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-10-2001, 11:57 PM
site founder 0% owner

Reviews: 1
Jem Jack

Quote:
I wasn't saying that SSV doesn't WANT to put the angled jacks on RG's. *It's just that Ibanez needs his OK to do it.
I'm not buying that one, but it is all speculation. I too feel Prestige and above RGs should have the angled output. Maybe next year... glen
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-11-2001, 04:14 PM

Reviews: 2
Jem Jack

The weird thing was the PGM's had them for a while too 500's then went back to standard ones.
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-11-2001, 09:33 PM

Jem Jack

shawn,

*yep i filled it in and blended in the paint in on my RG7 and since I was refinishing the entire AX7 I just went over it. The filling in was actually easier then drilling the jack...just fill in with putty, pressing to prevent air bubbles, letting a small hump form on the side and then sanding it down to perfection. I think I did an amatureish (sp?) job but NO ONE can tell that there were ever holes there....especially when standing more then a foot away. it worked out great.

Tags
angled jack , monkey grip , strat style

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode