JEM7vwh-gold hardware - Jemsite
Comments to Ibanez Here is your chance to post your comments to Ibanez. Officially this topic is NOT endorsed, approved or monitored by Ibanez/Hoshino. That said, voice your opinion anyway. Please be courteous.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-07-2009, 02:31 PM Thread Starter

JEM7vwh-gold hardware

I know a lot of people are not crazy about the gold hardware on this guitar. But, putting that aside, doesn't it look odd with a black tremolo arm? I think it would look better with a gold arm to match. I know the gold tends to wear off although I haven't had this problem and the one I have gets played a lot (I do wipe it down after rehearsals or gigs). It took me a while to get used to the gold hardware, and although somewhat tacky to some it does look classy too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-07-2009, 05:00 PM

Re: JEM7vwh-gold hardware

It is indeed strange as there is not much black on the guitar.
I don't think it looks wrong in black, but it might be too much if it was made gold.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-07-2009, 05:35 PM

I wouldn't complain too much. If ibanez were to make the arm gold. That would cost them probably $2 to change to a glod arm and charge the consumer about $200 more for the upgrade.
post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-08-2009, 02:32 AM

i prefer it in black as it makes a nice contrast with gold. pretty much like other pieces here and there, like the string blocks, the fine-tuners, the pivots or the pickups plates (which are pretty visible), the nut pad locking screws and the swoosh. also, the gold arm would wear in an eye-blink, and a worn arm would look horrible.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-09-2009, 06:11 AM
Banned

great guitars,but i cant help thinking that elvis would have played a 7vwh if he was still alive
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-09-2009, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibanez777vbk View Post
great guitars,but i cant help thinking that elvis would have played a 7vwh if he was still alive
not that far: one of his long time guitarists used to own some hot custom Ibanez himself. i remember a DY RG with colored pickups and whatever no one would ever expect from a guy who played the guitar for Elvis.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-15-2009, 02:49 AM

well to me the black trem arm matches the ebony neck, the gold would soon wear off anyway
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-19-2009, 09:57 AM

Reviews: 2

Eh, I thought it was marginally tacky when I first saw it. But if you wanna tell the world you're bad ass, write FLO with a permanent market below the bridge. :P

Sweet pic, btw!
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-25-2009, 11:03 AM

Reviews: 4

Cosmo black hardware would be cooler.....
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-25-2009, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuno View Post
i prefer it in black as it makes a nice contrast with gold. pretty much like other pieces here and there, like the string blocks, the fine-tuners, the pivots or the pickups plates (which are pretty visible), the nut pad locking screws and the swoosh. also, the gold arm would wear in an eye-blink, and a worn arm would look horrible.
Ditto!
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-25-2009, 03:22 PM
Super Moderator

Reviews: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuno View Post
This

I think the accents on the JEM7vW, like the black swoosh matching the fretboard and whammy bar just add the the perfection of this colour scheme
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-25-2009, 03:41 PM

Chibanez Jem's have gold trem arms
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-25-2009, 07:36 PM

The black tremolo arm works out well nice with the black fine tuners

You can always gold-plate the arm. Shouldn't be too expensive...

Regards,

JP

Tags
ibanez jem7vwh

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode