Lo Pro Edge - Is there something you think will make it bett - Jemsite
Comments to Ibanez Here is your chance to post your comments to Ibanez. Officially this topic is NOT endorsed, approved or monitored by Ibanez/Hoshino. That said, voice your opinion anyway. Please be courteous.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-31-2000, 07:38 AM Thread Starter

Lo Pro Edge - Is there something you think will make it bett

Nobody has posted here in almost a week so I thought I would. Like the topic description said, what do you think(if any) would improve the greatest locking trem ever made? Personally I have nothing to add but I thought it would be interesting to see what other people have to say.

(Edited by Noodles at 7:40 am on Dec. 31, 2000)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-31-2000, 11:57 AM

Lo Pro Edge

As i said in another thread, i'd like to see a more compact Edge trem without fine tuners or a locking nut, so that it could be used with locking tuners instead. This would be a lot more versatile for exploring alternate tunings and would make set-up a lot simpler.

I'd like to see this in both 6- and 7-string models. There aren't any decent trem units available for 7-strings, unless you order a Lo-Pro 7 from Ibanez.

I just can't stand locking nuts.

It'd be really cool if Ibanez made their Edge trems (including the Double Edge) available directly to consumers as replacement trems or for building custom guitars. It's widely regarded as the best Floyd Rose derivative, but not everyone likes Ibanez's guitar designs.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-01-2001, 12:00 PM

Reviews: 5
Lo Pro Edge

Hmm, How could they improve it? *Well I have to start by saying I DO like locking nuts and find them indespensable especially during a live situation. *How about making the bushings on the arm longer lasting, and including a bunch when you buy the thing?
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-03-2001, 10:22 PM

Lo Pro Edge

How about;
1. *A more durable finish that won't corrode as fast.
2. *Easier access to replacement parts. Pipe dream...I know....
3. *Matching color arms. Black is nice, but gold with gold is better.
4. *More mass in the tail. Thicker casting.
5. *More spring holes. I've heard a few here wish they had 'em.

J>
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-09-2001, 02:53 PM

Lo Pro Edge

I have had my Universe for almost a month and I love the guitar...and I HATE it. My Universe and I SURVIVED our jirst jam with the full trio even though it has been back to the Guitar Center once for a full setup. I have also had to open it it up and fix it three times on my own because the floyd rose is so unstable. I almost brought it back the GC yesterday three hours before our jam because the floyd rose was lifting off all by itself again!!! I do wish that the guitar was solid with no whammy bar at all. The Floyd Rose buzzes constantly and when I gave up on trying to stop the buzz on the low E I decided to put a new low E on and it STILL buzzes like crazy. The guitar is completely unplayable at this moment and the tech won't be in until Thursday. I may just return it today and shop for another seven string.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-09-2001, 03:00 PM
site founder 0% owner

Reviews: 1
Lo Pro Edge

fenson - please DO NOT post like that again in the Comments to Ibanez section.

All of your commentary comes down to the fact you bought the wrong guitar for your needs, setup skills and style. You clearly need a hardtail 7, not the UV. This has nothing to do with the "edge" or this topic. Good luck... glen
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-09-2001, 03:08 PM
Vendor

Lo Pro Edge

Sounds more like you bought it with no setup, then got a bad setup, or when you opened it up to 'fix' it 3 times altered a good setup. Go to the tech section here and familiarize yourself with the complexities of setting up a floating bridge correctly.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-09-2001, 05:24 PM

Lo Pro Edge

I apologize for posting. At the same time Ibanez should know what people think about their guitars, no matter what it is they think.

Rich, in response to what you said, Thanks! I will check out the tech section.

Glen, in response to what you said:

I personally find the Universe to be perfect for my needs. I said that "I LOVE and hate it". It is an awesome guitar, but I should not be having these problems. I have communicated with other people who have had the same problem, by the way. One of them told me that he needed to replace the whole floyd rose on his Universe because it was bad like mine.

Also, I confess that I do not have the "setup skills" but you do not know my "style" either so you have no right to comment on that! That was very insulting and condescending.

As far as my knowing what I "need" for me, I did not buy the UV wishing it had a hardtail. I WANTED the whammy bar. I only wished that I had a hardtail after I started having problems with the floyd rose. What I "need" is for my Universe, which is no cheap Mexican Strat, to work properly. Jaguars are beautiful cars too, but they are always in the shop. Is Ibanez the Jaguar of electric guitars?

Perhaps I did pick the wrong place to post this comment and once again I apologize for that, but it did seem like the right place to me. My comment is meant for the people at Ibanez.

Have a nice day, and good luck to you.
Fenson
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-09-2001, 05:32 PM
Vendor

Lo Pro Edge

If you're having problems with it returning to perfect tune, there apears to have been a batch of trems that made it out of Gotoh will flat knife edges. That would be the first place to check. Next look for missalignment in the pickguard where it's making slight contact with the trem, usually at the front points near the knife edges. If it's just a problem with setting the float right, or making sure the strings are properly stretched in (CRITICAL on a 7 string) then the tech section should be of great help.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-09-2001, 05:56 PM
site founder 0% owner

Reviews: 1
Lo Pro Edge

This is partially why Kevan closed the Ibanez forum on Discus for a while

#1 stay on topic at all times. So if you have a gripe or comment of your own, irrelevant to the discussion start a new thread.

#2 read and re-read your messages before posting to see if they make any sense to someone reading them.

Thread closed... glen
Closed Thread

Tags
alternate tuning , alternate tunings , custom guitar , custom guitars , edge trem , edge trems , electric guitar , floyd rose , locking nut , locking nuts , locking tuners , mexican strat

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode