More 7-strings! - Jemsite
Comments to Ibanez Here is your chance to post your comments to Ibanez. Officially this topic is NOT endorsed, approved or monitored by Ibanez/Hoshino. That said, voice your opinion anyway. Please be courteous.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 47 (permalink) Old 10-19-2006, 06:29 PM Thread Starter

More 7-strings!

I doubt I'm alone when I say that I want more 7-strings from Ibanez. I have no complaints about the guitars that already in production, but there's just way too few options. Not to mention the complete lack of neck-through sevenstrings.
In short, I'd like to see sevenstrings with different body- and fretboardwoods (For example, an RG7321 with an alder body and maple fretboard, or an RG1527 with maple body and ebony fretboard, and so on), like the utter abundance of JEM's with different material-specifications, and a few innovations, like the previously mentioned neckthrough sevenstrings (which I'd like to be in the middleclass pricerange). A neckthrough version of the now-discontinued RG7620 and RG7621, for example?
If I've still got the attention of any Ibanez-representative, this is a final note: MORE COLOURS THAN BLACK!

Last edited by Roland; 10-19-2006 at 06:37 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 47 (permalink) Old 10-19-2006, 06:56 PM

Re: More 7-strings!

And the SS.org choir sings:

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA-MEEEEENNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

kkthx,

Lee
post #3 of 47 (permalink) Old 10-19-2006, 07:17 PM

totally agree the selection of 7s is bland at best even though i love my 1527 there is some serious lack in options

I WANT AN EBONY FRETBOARD!!!!!!!
post #4 of 47 (permalink) Old 10-20-2006, 06:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eelblack2 View Post
And the SS.org choir sings:

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA-MEEEEENNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

kkthx,

Lee

Regards

André

post #5 of 47 (permalink) Old 10-20-2006, 06:38 AM

I would also love to see a new line of 7 strings being produced not only in color but the model itself as in like an Iceman 7 or another S 7 or a RGA 7 like buz mcgrath (the read quilt model at namm 06) either way I dont see ibanez doing it

my newest 7 gas

(minus inlay and pickup rings)

and this one!

post #6 of 47 (permalink) Old 10-20-2006, 08:53 AM Thread Starter

Right on about the S7's. Bring them back and put some LoPro7's in them! That'd be an S7620. And, if you can keep wishing, put 24 frets on them as well.
post #7 of 47 (permalink) Old 10-20-2006, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roland View Post
Right on about the S7's. Bring them back and put some LoPro7's in them! That'd be an S7620. And, if you can keep wishing, put 24 frets on them as well.
And an ebony fretboard. I would totally buy that one.
post #8 of 47 (permalink) Old 10-21-2006, 12:24 PM Thread Starter

More noise in this thread!

So, let's shell out some realistic suggestions:
- RGT7620/RGT7621 - Neckthrough versions of the bolt-on respective models.
- S7620 - Sabre with LoPro7 trem and 24 frets. Tab an "EX" onto the end (Or after the "S", ha ha) if you like to mark the extended range in contrast to ordinary Sabre's.
- RGA7-family - Family of archtops. Available in a variety of fretboard and bodywood configurations. Alder, basswood and mahogany bodies along with maple, rosewood and ebony fretboards. If the JEMS get all those options, so should the 7-string RG's.

There's one thing that annoys me. You see six-string users here on the boards shouting "But I dont want that colour, I want THAT one! Waah, waaaaah!" and "I want a production model with nice pictures on it!", while the seven-string users get showered with responses that basically say "stfun00b no one uses sevenstrings lololol". I'm kind of tired of it - I can live with the latter, but when people listen more to cosmetic demands rather than innovation in areas that have a lot of potential, i.e the sevenstring-market, that's it.

Last edited by Roland; 10-21-2006 at 12:31 PM.
post #9 of 47 (permalink) Old 10-21-2006, 12:30 PM

Eww yucky V's
post #10 of 47 (permalink) Old 10-22-2006, 06:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie_UV777 View Post

i really hope Ibanez won't lose their time and credibility doing sh*t like that.
post #11 of 47 (permalink) Old 10-22-2006, 08:45 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuno View Post
i really hope Ibanez won't lose their time and credibility doing sh*t like that.
Word, for what it's worth. The idea of the extended reach a flying V design brings loses its charm as soon as you pick one up and try to play it sitting. No, I do not want to play it like a classical guitarist.
Furthermore, I really dont see the point of posting three comparatively huge pictures in a thread like this. It's meant as a serious demand - not as an extravagant design showcase suggestion. I'd very much like a mod to remove the imagetags to the links.

Last edited by Roland; 10-22-2006 at 08:51 AM.
post #12 of 47 (permalink) Old 11-01-2006, 06:26 PM

I'd like any of the below:

Unearth sigs (S and/or RGA)
Any 7 with a maple top
Finishes other than black, blue, and grey.

Pretty please, Ibanez.
post #13 of 47 (permalink) Old 11-02-2006, 01:23 AM

I would also like to express my enthusiasm for 7 Strings.

Although I probably won't sit around and wait for Ibanez to release something new. I've got my eye on a K7, and Christmas is coming soon.

Anyway, a neck-through 7 would be amazing. Aswell as some decent body woods, like mahogany or alder. Enough with the basswood. And some interesting colours, of course. I'd love to see a deep red, or green one.
post #14 of 47 (permalink) Old 11-02-2006, 07:48 AM

a 7 string with wilkinson style trem would be perfect for me, i find it a little bit frustrating playing fully floating or fixed and want some middle ground!
post #15 of 47 (permalink) Old 11-02-2006, 12:13 PM

Reviews: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by nocluejimbo View Post
I'd like any of the below:

Unearth sigs (S and/or RGA)
Any 7 with a maple top
Finishes other than black, blue, and grey.

Pretty please, Ibanez.
Exactly what i want (except for the Unearth part). An RGA7xxxfm. flame maple top, trans red finish

Tags
alder body , dimarzio pickup , dimarzio pickups , ebony board , ebony boards , ebony fretboard , ebony fretboards , fingerboard wood , flame maple , fret access , mahogany body , maple fret , maple fretboard , neck joint , pickup ring , pickup rings , production model , reversed headstock , upper fret , upper fret access , wilkinson trem

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode