Mr. Hosono......... - Page 6 - Jemsite
Comments to Ibanez Here is your chance to post your comments to Ibanez. Officially this topic is NOT endorsed, approved or monitored by Ibanez/Hoshino. That said, voice your opinion anyway. Please be courteous.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #76 of 106 (permalink) Old 06-02-2007, 11:42 AM

Re: Mr. Hosono.........

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJEMMER777 View Post
A brand of eye drops I think
LOLLLLLLLLLLL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #77 of 106 (permalink) Old 06-02-2007, 11:59 AM

Reviews: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJEMMER777 View Post
Whoa.......don't ya think that is a little overboard???

and speaking of "waking up", it IS a 7 string thread, tony!
Oh sorry, absolutely a 7 string thread, just like the topic says
post #78 of 106 (permalink) Old 06-02-2007, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony777 View Post
Oh sorry, absolutely a 7 string thread, just like the topic says
It surely wasn't TOO difficult just to read the FIRST post!!!
post #79 of 106 (permalink) Old 06-02-2007, 12:57 PM
Dee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranz 777 View Post
Mr. Hosono.......
This is my first time in this section of Jemsite. I honestly had no idea there was a section here that we could communicate directly with Ibanez authority.
Many times in other sections here, I have stated/asked about the lack of options in your Universe/7 string market. Im guessing that youre the man to finaly give an answer that has some weight and meaning. Why is there such a limited market on these? Its obvious from all the custom builders/customers out there that there "is" a market. Just my own opinion here, but it was a very sad day for me when I learned that the original UV's were being discontinued.........particuraly the MC's. I have also noticed quite a few customs out there of 7 string versions of some of your top Jem series. As I have stated many times on other threads here at Jem site, I am a die hard Ibanez fan/user from way back............back before Vai and the Jem revoloution. I guess the point I am trying to get at is..........whats the chances in the future of Ibanez to expanding their 7 string market? I love Steve Vai.........but I really dont like the UV available right now. Same thing with Korn.........love em, but dont care for their signature model. Any light at the end of this dreary tunnel sir? I realize youre extremely busy..........so many thanks in advance.
Ibanez'd since 1982..............~Ranz~
It couldn't be any clearer.
post #80 of 106 (permalink) Old 06-02-2007, 05:08 PM

About the whole ebony fretboard issue, why not do what parker guitars does and have some sort of composite fretboad it kinda looks like ebony lol
post #81 of 106 (permalink) Old 06-02-2007, 05:23 PM
Dee

Squier also have Ebanol. Apparently it's very good too. If I go ahead and buy the Squier Deluxe Jazz Bass 5-string Active I was talking about elsewhere on the board I'll let you know how it is.

http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?t=312124

We're veering off topic again. Sorry.
post #82 of 106 (permalink) Old 06-02-2007, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy7jem View Post
It surely wasn't TOO difficult just to read the FIRST post!!!
Oh come on guys!
You want changes in the seven string market, I would like another option in the six string market, and now we're fighting each other, this is just stupid.
post #83 of 106 (permalink) Old 06-04-2007, 05:32 AM

Quote:
...and now we're fighting each other, this is just stupid.
Quote:
I MEAN THE 6 STRING NECK YOU M*R*N, DAMN...wake up...
now THIS is stupid. i never read anything like that in years at Jemsite, especially when not needed. i wonder why you haven't been suspended yet.
post #84 of 106 (permalink) Old 06-04-2007, 07:10 AM
Eco

Quote:
What happened to the JPM neck? As far as I know this was a USA custom neck to begin with and shouldn't have to be out of production after Petrucci left. so why isn't that neck available on a great guitar anymore? I know I will never buy another Ibanez, because there is no model that have a neck that I like, so I am still searching the second hand marked for a used neck, to put on a used body of a certain quality.

my 2 cents
Tony
John Petrucci owns the rights to that neck i believe, his EBMM model has a similar one.

Not that i've played one, just going on what i've read.
post #85 of 106 (permalink) Old 06-04-2007, 11:18 AM

You can't really claim any right to a neck profile, but if JP prefers it, then his EB model will have it.
post #86 of 106 (permalink) Old 06-04-2007, 12:41 PM
Dee

Yeah, there's no way to own the rights to the dimensions of a guitar neck.
post #87 of 106 (permalink) Old 06-04-2007, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eco View Post
John Petrucci owns the rights to that neck i believe, his EBMM model has a similar one.

Not that i've played one, just going on what i've read.
Nope, the EBMM neck is not similar at all. As far as I know the JPM neck is similar to the ones that came with the USA custom exotic wood. (42mm nut)
The music man neck is much closer to the wizard neck, but not the same.
post #88 of 106 (permalink) Old 07-19-2007, 05:00 PM
Ibanez V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuno View Post
...or maybe Tak may tell us why Ibanez doesn't use maple for boards, like he did for the ebony discussion, so we can finally set our hearts in peace and stop bothering (yet suffer within).
Dear Nuno, how are you? Actually, in guitar production the hard rock maple are very steady fingerboard material to work with. I think that most of guitar players prefer unfinished maple fingerboard right? They get very dirty quickly if left unfinished. The guitar shops will have a very difficult time selling dirty fingerboard guitars.
post #89 of 106 (permalink) Old 07-19-2007, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak Hosono View Post
Dear Nuno, how are you? Actually, in guitar production the hard rock maple are very steady fingerboard material to work with. I think that most of guitar players prefer unfinished maple fingerboard right? They get very dirty quickly if left unfinished. The guitar shops will have a very difficult time selling dirty fingerboard guitars.
Perhaps. But if it matters to the consumer that much they will buy it new.

From what I have seen it takes quite heavy use and many years before a decent maple board will stain anyway.
post #90 of 106 (permalink) Old 07-19-2007, 07:29 PM

hello. i'd like to add my opinion
i personally think the current lineup lacks guitars with ULTRA neck. some of us actually like the chunkier brethren
i own an rg2120x and rg2027x (i sold my 7620 for 2027), and these guitar are perfect in every aspect if you ask me. so i really think ibanez shouldn't have discontinued some of the models (high end piezo's) and stopped making some neck types (ultra only for 7string )
i think an ultra neck would suit the RGA series perfectly, since it is a chunkier guitar that most is buying for what the RG series lacks (simplicity and sustain)

perhaps it's obvious from my post that i'm obsessed with ultra necks. my apologies.

Tags
body shape , clear coat , custom exotic wood , custom ibanez , custom shop , ebony fretboard , epiphone les paul , fixed bridge , flamed maple , fret board , guitar players , guitar shop , hoshino gakki , hoshino usa , ibanez guitars , ibanez neck , ibanez necks , jem bfp , john petrucci , jpm neck , les paul , lower strings , maple fingerboard , maple fingerboards , maple fret , maple fret board , maple fretboard , maple neck , neck joint , neck plate , neck thru , output pickup , parker guitars , paul gilbert , prestige necks , pyramid inlay , pyramid inlays , rosewood board , rosewood fingerboard , rosewood fretboard , rosewood fretboards , shred machine , signature guitar , steve vai , string bass , string guitars , trem guitar , usa custom exotic wood

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Similar Searches

People searched for this, also searched for these:

Boca Raton Zebrano

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode