Mr. Hosono......... - Jemsite
Comments to Ibanez Here is your chance to post your comments to Ibanez. Officially this topic is NOT endorsed, approved or monitored by Ibanez/Hoshino. That said, voice your opinion anyway. Please be courteous.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 106 (permalink) Old 05-01-2007, 09:43 AM Thread Starter

Mr. Hosono.........

Mr. Hosono.......
This is my first time in this section of Jemsite. I honestly had no idea there was a section here that we could communicate directly with Ibanez authority.
Many times in other sections here, I have stated/asked about the lack of options in your Universe/7 string market. Im guessing that youre the man to finaly give an answer that has some weight and meaning. Why is there such a limited market on these? Its obvious from all the custom builders/customers out there that there "is" a market. Just my own opinion here, but it was a very sad day for me when I learned that the original UV's were being discontinued.........particuraly the MC's. I have also noticed quite a few customs out there of 7 string versions of some of your top Jem series. As I have stated many times on other threads here at Jem site, I am a die hard Ibanez fan/user from way back............back before Vai and the Jem revoloution. I guess the point I am trying to get at is..........whats the chances in the future of Ibanez to expanding their 7 string market? I love Steve Vai.........but I really dont like the UV available right now. Same thing with Korn.........love em, but dont care for their signature model. Any light at the end of this dreary tunnel sir? I realize youre extremely busy..........so many thanks in advance.
Ibanez'd since 1982..............~Ranz~
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 106 (permalink) Old 05-03-2007, 10:25 PM
Dee

Re: Mr. Hosono.........

Sorry to interfere in your thread, Ranz, but I don't think the market is as big as some people might think. Ibanez sometimes make decisions that seem strange to us, but they are not stupid. If the market was really there, I believe they would tap into into it. I'm all for expanding the range, don't get me wrong. I personally would love to see something like a 7-string version of the RG550: pickguard, maple board and good colours. RG557? Yes please! The RG1527 just doesn't "do it" for me, although that's what I'd buy if I had the money for a 7 right now. I'd fit a pickguard and put a single coil in the neck, though.

Anyway. Good luck.

Ibanez'd since 1987. ~Dee~
post #3 of 106 (permalink) Old 05-24-2007, 04:08 PM
Ibanez V.I.P.

Dear Sir, I don't want you thinking that I'm ignoring this thread but I just don't know what to say about this. The 7 string guitar market is a very small market and the guitars are over supplied from all the major guitar manufactures already. We are always very carefully monitoring the world market and make certain decisions regards to our guitar productions. What would you like to see from our company?
post #4 of 106 (permalink) Old 05-24-2007, 05:02 PM

A maple boarded 7 string 550 would be great Mr Hosono, as Dee mentioned. RFR, DY, and anything else
post #5 of 106 (permalink) Old 05-24-2007, 05:16 PM
Banned

A high quality hardtail/TOM seven. It would offer some real competition for Schecter.
post #6 of 106 (permalink) Old 05-24-2007, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak Hosono View Post
Dear Sir, I don't want you thinking that I'm ignoring this thread but I just don't know what to say about this. The 7 string guitar market is a very small market and the guitars are over supplied from all the major guitar manufactures already. We are always very carefully monitoring the world market and make certain decisions regards to our guitar productions. What would you like to see from our company?
Reissue the RG770DX!

Or even offer maple boarded RG 2XXX's that have the same sort of colour scheme as the old 770DXs (IE Clear pickguards, matching pickup colour to the body + matching colour inlays in the neck, be it dots or sharktooth.). Oh and MATCHING HEADSTOCK COLOUR! Drives me nuts!

A lot of people would have them, be it a reissue (read NOT Limited edition), look at the RG 550 20ths!

Cheers.
post #7 of 106 (permalink) Old 05-24-2007, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gudster View Post
Reissue the RG770DX!

Or even offer maple boarded RG 2XXX's that have the same sort of colour scheme as the old 770DXs (IE Clear pickguards, matching pickup colour to the body + matching colour inlays in the neck, be it dots or sharktooth.). Oh and MATCHING HEADSTOCK COLOUR! Drives me nuts!

A lot of people would have them, be it a reissue (read NOT Limited edition), look at the RG 550 20ths!

Cheers.
Gudster, you know this topic is mostly about 7 string's, yes?

Personally Mr. Hosono, I'd like to see an RGT7 or something of the like, and of course (I KNOW you hear this all too much) maybe some ebony or maple fretboards.

I own a UV777PBK so as of now so my 7 string quench is satisfied...but I've had to refer quite a few people to buy Carvin's and Schecter's instead of Ibanez's because of the lack of features in the 7's such as high end fixed bridges, neck thru's, etc.

I understand there's the new Korn signature 7, but for the high end market an Indonesian make simply won't cut it.
post #8 of 106 (permalink) Old 05-24-2007, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannymills View Post
A high quality hardtail/TOM seven. It would offer some real competition for Schecter.
i second this, more hardtail sevens. This is the smartest 7string business decision in my mind if you want to compete with the other companies that are already doing great in the 7 string market ie. Schecter

if it wasn't a good idea, schecter wouldn't be doing so well with it no?

add to that(i'm taking schecter as an example here)- you have a good business tie with Dimarzio which would put your pickups above schecter in most people's eyes. plus a lot of people would prefer ibanez necks over Schecter.

really if Ibanez wanted to, they could have a good chance at dominating the 7 string market. they'd just have to do 2 things...

a. have a more varied quality line(for example- one or two higher quality 7s with nicer decoration and Dimarzios or atleast IBZ/Dimarzios)

b. a couple of more varied finish options, even(and especially) on the midrange 7s(solid colours are boring, yes they sell, but according to schecter- so do translucent reds and binding etc etc
post #9 of 106 (permalink) Old 05-24-2007, 08:45 PM
Dee

Quote:
What would you like to see from our company?
Tak, I think we can expect a huge flood of different requests since you asked this question! I really hope the members here don't see this as a chance to list every last detail of their dream Ibanez. It's great that you did ask, though. Guys -- let's not take advantage of Tak and bombard him with unrealistic requests. Bear in mind that Ibanez have to consider what would sell and be worthwhile building.

Once again, I think the RG550 was always a winning formula. To me it's a real classic Ibanez guitar, and a 7-string version would be wonderful. The RG1527 is a great guitar, but I sure miss that pickguard and the maple board. I guess a stripped down version of the UV is what I would love to see, and I think it could be popular model, just as the RG550 was a popular affordable version of the JEM. Rather than taking a risk on a totally new design for such a small market, it makes sense to me to base it on what's already popular, only with the necessary changes and adaptations to a 7-string.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gudster View Post
Reissue the RG770DX!
As far as I know, the RG770DX was discontinued because it was "a production headache". Read the Untold Story. As it's inappropriate to the thread, I won't dwell on this model, as much as I'd like to see another RG770DX available, I can honestly say I doubt it will ever happen. Now, if we were talking about a 7-string version of that guitar, tell me where to sign! RG777, anyone? Dream on.

Last edited by Dee; 05-24-2007 at 08:57 PM.
post #10 of 106 (permalink) Old 05-24-2007, 11:11 PM

Anything other than a rosewood fingerboard would be most appreciated.
post #11 of 106 (permalink) Old 05-25-2007, 03:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee View Post
let's not take advantage of Tak and bombard him with unrealistic requests...
+1000!!!
guys, this is a unique chance... DON'T WASTE IT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee View Post
Once again, I think the RG550 was always a winning formula...
+1000!!!
post #12 of 106 (permalink) Old 05-25-2007, 04:21 AM

Quote:
The return of the Prestige 1550

Better hardware on the Korean and Indonesian models (If Schecter can, Ibanez can)

The end of Cosmo (what is the point if it wears off in the first week)

As always, thank you Tak for listening to us.
post #13 of 106 (permalink) Old 05-25-2007, 05:52 AM
Eco

Quote:

An RG520, they were always nice guitars and theres a gap in the H - H config prestiges.

Would go nice with the trans QM and FM finishes on the RG320 and the S470 too.
post #14 of 106 (permalink) Old 05-25-2007, 06:19 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ki swordsman View Post
i second this, more hardtail sevens. This is the smartest 7string business decision in my mind if you want to compete with the other companies that are already doing great in the 7 string market ie. Schecter

really if Ibanez wanted to, they could have a good chance at dominating the 7 string market. they'd just have to do 2 things...
Yep. People over at sevenstring.org seem to buy a Schecter because Ibanez doesn't offer the features they want - i.e. a hardtail or a flamed maple top.

The point being that the first company people think of when they want a seven string is Ibanez. The company was the first to churn out masses of decent seven strings, and as such, remained synonymous with the concept for years. You want a Strat? You go to Fender. You want a mahogany classic rock machine? You go to Gibson. You want a seven string? You look for an old Ibanez.

I think Ibanez should take action before the blessing of synonymity is removed. It wouldn't take a complete revamp - just a few more options. maple boards, hardtails, pretty tops. Sorted.
post #15 of 106 (permalink) Old 05-25-2007, 08:27 AM
Dee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayrton View Post
The return of the Prestige 1550
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eco View Post
An RG520, they were always nice guitars and theres a gap in the H - H config prestiges.

Would go nice with the trans QM and FM finishes on the RG320 and the S470 too.
To quote the original post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranz 777 View Post
I have stated/asked about the lack of options in your Universe/7 string market.

whats the chances in the future of Ibanez to expanding their 7 string market?
Sorry if I seem rude, but Ranz wanted to ask questions about 7-string guitars. Asking for reissues of 6-strings isn't really appropriate.

Tags
body shape , clear coat , custom exotic wood , custom ibanez , custom shop , ebony fretboard , epiphone les paul , fixed bridge , flamed maple , fret board , guitar players , guitar shop , hoshino gakki , hoshino usa , ibanez guitars , ibanez neck , ibanez necks , jem bfp , john petrucci , jpm neck , les paul , lower strings , maple fingerboard , maple fingerboards , maple fret , maple fret board , maple fretboard , maple neck , neck joint , neck plate , neck thru , output pickup , parker guitars , paul gilbert , prestige necks , pyramid inlay , pyramid inlays , rosewood board , rosewood fingerboard , rosewood fretboard , rosewood fretboards , shred machine , signature guitar , steve vai , string bass , string guitars , trem guitar , usa custom exotic wood

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Similar Searches

People searched for this, also searched for these:

Boca Raton Zebrano

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode