Mr Hosono, Xiphos 7 is looking like it could make some money.. - Page 7 - Jemsite
Comments to Ibanez Here is your chance to post your comments to Ibanez. Officially this topic is NOT endorsed, approved or monitored by Ibanez/Hoshino. That said, voice your opinion anyway. Please be courteous.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #91 of 99 (permalink) Old 01-14-2008, 08:54 AM

Re: Mr Hosono, Xiphos 7 is looking like it could make some money..

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 99 (permalink) Old 01-14-2008, 06:08 PM

I don't think I've heard a valid criticism of it, though I've yet to try it. Dimarzio D-Activator at that kinda price is good for Ibanez, who don't quite have the pickup quality to price ratio seen with ESP, Schecter and Jackson.
post #93 of 99 (permalink) Old 01-16-2008, 09:23 AM

That must be the coolest looking bus ever.

I'd consider looking into the Xiphos 7. Personally I like that it has a fixed bridge. Floyd Roses piss me off (except the Original floyd rose). I just wonder how much of a pain in the arse it would be for me to get it around to gigs and practices.
post #94 of 99 (permalink) Old 02-12-2008, 07:40 PM

I've searched high, I've searched low. Nobody will answer me. WHEN will this be available?

Also, I flat out refuse to purchase from ********, guitar center or musicians friend. Anybody recommend a shop to order from that will inspect this instrument prior to shipping it to me?

Thanks, Kevin

Last edited by unconventional; 02-13-2008 at 12:24 PM.
post #95 of 99 (permalink) Old 02-13-2008, 02:56 AM

the bridge is bulkier as the Apex7's, it is the bridge first introduced on MMM signature.. it's the chunkier bridge ibanez has made, and it's suppose to offer gazzillions of sustain and wide range of intonation adjustment (you cant tell me that's bad, all you freaks that buy this probably detune it go G).
so technically it's better for you the edgeFX (which i find a bit ugly, tho i like the look of tremolo.)
Gibraltar plus7 (RGA) would do nicely on it to. it actually looks like shrunken edge.+its smooth and easy to adjust.

i'd buy this one if it wasn't shaped like that.

oh well.. if anyone has 7621 that he doesnt like, pm me.

disclaimer: freaks was not a mean remark, it was a joke and was not intended as an offence of any kind to anyone.
post #96 of 99 (permalink) Old 02-13-2008, 08:42 PM

Again, anybody know when this will be available? Music stores in Germany already have one. When did the USA become 2nd to Germany? Just kidding. But seriously WTF?
post #97 of 99 (permalink) Old 02-13-2008, 09:07 PM

Usually dealers see the new instruments at NAMM and decide if they want to order them, and then they get built (or something). I would assume some NAMM offereings will be available shortly (as in late feb-early March), but same make take months.
post #98 of 99 (permalink) Old 02-13-2008, 10:07 PM

Supposedly 2/14/08 over at DrumCityGuitarLand..... http://www.drumcityguitarland.com/dr...P1534C432.aspx
post #99 of 99 (permalink) Old 02-19-2008, 08:11 PM

Thanks Chief, caus of you I just got myself a 7 string Xiphos. The last one out of 12 that arrived yesterday. JHFC.

It actually comes with a case. Unreal ha?

Kevin

Tags
blues jam , body shape , fixed bridge , floyd rose , locking stud , locking studs , mij guitars , music store , reverse headstock , reversed headstock , seymour duncan , shark tooth inlays , sharktooth inlay , sharktooth inlays , string xiphos , trem guitar

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode