Mr Hosono, Xiphos 7 is looking like it could make some money.. - Jemsite
Comments to Ibanez Here is your chance to post your comments to Ibanez. Officially this topic is NOT endorsed, approved or monitored by Ibanez/Hoshino. That said, voice your opinion anyway. Please be courteous.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 99 (permalink) Old 08-01-2007, 11:06 AM Thread Starter

Mr Hosono, Xiphos 7 is looking like it could make some money..

Just on the sevenstring.org forum itself, Nearly 75+ people said they would buy a Xiphos 7.. Of course that number can be skewed and I doubt 75 people from that website itself would actually buy it, but thats alot of interest regardkess, not including how many people do not goto that forum who would be interested..

Something should be in the works for it, because you would get the whole market of 7 strings in non-strat shapes, not only Ibanez fans, but any 7 string fan who cant afford a non-production guitar, because if I believe so, There is no other non-strat shaped 7 strings in production anywhere. Least easily accessable like Ibanez is.

Just something to think about, Hope you can make it a reality

link to thread :
http://www.sevenstring.org/forum/sev...iphos-7-a.html
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 99 (permalink) Old 08-01-2007, 12:50 PM

Re: Mr Hosono, Xiphos 7 is looking like it could make some money..

Especially in a 27" scale. OMG.

But as long as it's not basswood, I would honestly buy one even if it's not a 27" scale.

The V-shaped one in a seven would be a win too. (especially if it had a reversed headstock )
post #3 of 99 (permalink) Old 08-01-2007, 12:55 PM Thread Starter

lets not get carried away with options.. Anything is good, as long as it is a Xiphos shape and 7 string..
post #4 of 99 (permalink) Old 08-01-2007, 02:43 PM

Come on man. I know you like the prospect of one, but stop continuously posting threads dedicated to (probably) the only Ibanez rep visiting these boards - especially when there is an identical topic on the matter a few threads down!!!
"Waaah, mr.Hosono, I want sharktooth inlays", "waaah, mr.Hosono, I want volmit-pink finishes", "waaah, I want locking studs"...
post #5 of 99 (permalink) Old 08-01-2007, 02:58 PM Thread Starter

Other thread is just someone rambling on. This thread has a link to potential 75 customers, Almost like a petition (bet we could get a petition going and get over 500)

Mr Hosono probably hasnt put much thought into the other one because people are just blasting abuncha suggestions for specs, not the actual fact that we dont care about specs, we just want a xiphos 7. Theres a big difference.
post #6 of 99 (permalink) Old 08-01-2007, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickCormier View Post
lets not get carried away with options.. Anything is good, as long as it is a Xiphos shape and 7 string..
Just not basswood!
post #7 of 99 (permalink) Old 08-07-2007, 11:31 AM
Ibanez V.I.P.

The Xiphos shape convert into 7 string configuration very well. The only issue I had was clearance between the end of fingerboard and lower "BLADE" get a little too close for your left hand to get in to. I had to make a large scoope on the back of lower "BLADE" to compensate this problem.
You guys are good!
post #8 of 99 (permalink) Old 08-07-2007, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roland View Post
Come on man. I know you like the prospect of one, but stop continuously posting threads dedicated to (probably) the only Ibanez rep visiting these boards - especially when there is an identical topic on the matter a few threads down!!!
"Waaah, mr.Hosono, I want sharktooth inlays", "waaah, mr.Hosono, I want volmit-pink finishes", "waaah, I want locking studs"...
I think Nick made a pretty decent thread if you aks me. For once we didn't have som idiot asking for his dream guitar. No, he was just suggesting tha a Xiphos 7 could do good numbers for Ibanez among other good things. Like bring back credibility to their name. Mr. Hosono has just mentioned it wouldb e easy to do anyway
post #9 of 99 (permalink) Old 08-07-2007, 11:56 AM

Note to self: Horns on Xiphos are called "BLADES"

thanks Tak!
post #10 of 99 (permalink) Old 08-07-2007, 02:14 PM Thread Starter

Im not too focused on options because if you think about it... Any guitar can be refinished, can change options, you can find various pickups that sound better in any wood, etc.. As long as its a xiphos shape and a 7 string, Thats all that really matters and people will buy it, right?
post #11 of 99 (permalink) Old 08-07-2007, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Im not too focused on options because if you think about it... Any guitar can be refinished, can change options, you can find various pickups that sound better in any wood, etc.. As long as its a xiphos shape and a 7 string, Thats all that really matters and people will buy it, right?
I agree with this. Most guitarists buy with the intention of customizing a guitar to suit themselves anyway. Maybe that's why there are so many guitars offered in black.

A 7-string version of the Xiphos would be cool.
post #12 of 99 (permalink) Old 08-07-2007, 03:54 PM

Quote:
add there BARITONE SCALE, and I will say yes
post #13 of 99 (permalink) Old 08-07-2007, 04:00 PM

I will buy one in a heartbeat as long as it is Jap made no matter if it is baritone scale or not. I think the Xiphos is one of the coolest guitars made, I am just waiting for Ibanez to release a higher end model. You got my vote!!

Josh
post #14 of 99 (permalink) Old 08-07-2007, 06:39 PM

Thumbs down Re: Mr Hosono, Xiphos 7 is looking like it could make some money..

Last edited by bringer of torture; 08-07-2007 at 11:16 PM. Reason: It is inappropriate for me to vent in this thread...
post #15 of 99 (permalink) Old 08-08-2007, 04:23 AM
Eco

Im not generally into mental shaped guitars, but that Xiphos 7 is awesome, i'd seriously be looking at one if i had a chance

Tags
blues jam , body shape , fixed bridge , floyd rose , locking stud , locking studs , mij guitars , music store , reverse headstock , reversed headstock , seymour duncan , shark tooth inlays , sharktooth inlay , sharktooth inlays , string xiphos , trem guitar

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode