My wild new idea for ibanez. - Jemsite
Comments to Ibanez Here is your chance to post your comments to Ibanez. Officially this topic is NOT endorsed, approved or monitored by Ibanez/Hoshino. That said, voice your opinion anyway. Please be courteous.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-09-2012, 09:20 PM Thread Starter

My wild new idea for ibanez.

Instead of using low grade metals to make your edge zero and put on super expensive guitars why didn't you just add a zps system to the edge pro?
Also why did you decide to put an untested long term, horribly cheap bridge in my J-Custom? The least you could have done is keep the specs similar so I could swap for a pro...

On top of all this... Why is your parts site down and ibanez customer support virtually non-existant?

Very dissatified Ibanez player.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-09-2012, 09:43 PM

Reviews: 37
Re: My wild new idea for ibanez.

not to be rude but no one made you buy it and some love that trem .
there are plenty of ibanez with edge loproedge and edgepro's out there.

rich @ ibanezrules has parts .

he even got me a rg anniversary plate for my 550 reissue.

if i sold you a terd and you bought it you couldnt blame me for selling you a piece of crap could you ?
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-09-2012, 10:39 PM Thread Starter

You dont exactly get bridge options whilst shopping for new J-Customs.
Price point alone is enough to assume the guitar is made with quality parts and there really wasn't anywhere for me to test a zero at the time, not to mention no way to scrutinize the alloys used in the base plate pre-purchase.

When my edge 3 and lo trs have outlived this bridge by 4 and 12 years respectively, theres an issue.

Also Rich does not have the part in stock. Only a full replacement bridge, which I'll likely be grtting and praying it doesn't break.
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-09-2012, 10:44 PM
Vendor

There's only been 1 other report of stripped threads on an EZ baseplate so this is in the anomaly category, not the norm. I would prefer they used the saddle lock plate like they did on the previous Edge variants, but this is still an extremely rare occurrence, though it definitely sucks to be the one it happened to. It should be covered under warranty in any case.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-09-2012, 11:32 PM Thread Starter

Its 2 years past its warranty.
If I do order another bridge Rich, will it have any form of manufacturers guarantee?
I'm rather skeptical about the quality of these parts after this ordeal.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-09-2012, 11:34 PM
Vendor

I've asked, Ibanez will not warranty parts. But as I said, 2 reports, many thousands of bridges.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-09-2012, 11:55 PM Thread Starter

Ok, guess I'll just bite the bullet. Thanks for the insight Rich.
I still wish they had just put the zps on the pro.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode