OFFICIAL IBANEZ 8 STRING GUITAR R&D TEAM - Page 5 - Jemsite
Comments to Ibanez Here is your chance to post your comments to Ibanez. Officially this topic is NOT endorsed, approved or monitored by Ibanez/Hoshino. That said, voice your opinion anyway. Please be courteous.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #61 of 65 (permalink) Old 10-31-2014, 06:50 AM

Re: OFFICIAL IBANEZ 8 STRING GUITAR R&D TEAM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formerly Given To Fly View Post
I whole heartedly support an Ibanez RG2228 with a Lo Pro Edge 8 bridge! I'm not a heavy tremolo user and I've even developed an appreciation for more subtle floating bridges, but, when it comes down to it, I have more confidence in the Edge/Lo Pro Edge bridges than any other.

However, are the Schecter Floyd Rose equipped 8 string guitars flying off the shelves? Considering I do not even know which model has the Floyd Rose suggests its not a major seller for Schecter or perhaps I'm out of touch with the 8 string guitar community...or perhaps both. It would be great to see a prototype in action if one is available for demonstration. If Steve Vai comes by the LACS that would be a great time to have one handy along with some type of audio/visual recording device.
The schecter guitar is the C8-FR, and here in the UK where music shops are tradionally frigid about buying anything "unusual" I have noted first one big dealer embraced a small quantity but now its common place also they are embracing the Ibanez RG9 which I think highlights their reaction to the customers needs.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 65 (permalink) Old 10-31-2014, 07:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak Hosono View Post
The 8 string guitar tremolo for our production guitars are not technical or engineering problem, rather it is a business decision we have to make. I'm totally agreed with you though, we should have done this long a go. But this is just my opinion, the company thinks otherwise.
It is nice that someone from Ibanez has commented on this thread as sometimes we the customer of any product can feel isolated from direct communication with the manufacturer, and that any ideas we have for things are seemingly meaningless to them so I thank you sir

I understand your position as an employee means you might be limited in how you can comment but at times it does seem as though the bean counters forget to listen to the customers needs in favour of a quick buck such as when the 7VWH suddenly lost its ebony fingerboard or the "bad horsie" JEM.........

Obviously when dabbling into this type of guitar the chances of investing lots of dollars into an unwanted instrument is a viable reality look what happened in the first 5 years of the Universe guitars there was almost a Gibson Explorer situation.

But the 8 string is here to stay and almost every major manufacturer is making them in all price ranges so maybe it is time to consider the trem version? I think Tony Macalpine has an RG2228 with a trem if it does work for him could it be available for us after all you the world leaders in locking trem technology.

I nearly bought the C8-FR Schecter because of the trem but in the end settled for something else without a trem as the neck was like a baseball bat plus they are only able to get the Floyd Rose 1000 which is not exactly high quality...

Also I was intrigued that after Washburn released the Parallaxe 6/7/8 string range in the UK all with quality ebony fingerboards suddenly Ibanez release a couple of Iron Label guitars with ebony fingerboards - coincidence?
post #63 of 65 (permalink) Old 04-16-2015, 04:55 AM

Reviews: 2

The Hellraiser C8 FR is better than any Ibanez 8, except the ultra hi end (aka unaffordable or overly priced) j customs and the meshiggah, I've owned the "best of the best" 2228 and while it's as good build quality, the C8 scale works better , only OFR 8, which is awesome, and I upgraded pups and some electronics. The thickness of the neck is actually better than the thin Ibanez 27" since you don't feel carpal tunnel playing low end, the tone is better with 28", and the neck thru design is great.

Ibanez has a LOT to beat here, and ATM schecter wins ERG prize
post #64 of 65 (permalink) Old 04-20-2015, 01:50 AM

i think an 8 string trem would need to be based on a bearing or cam like the zero trems are. Seems like it would be more effective at handling the added tension of more strings. I think knife edges might wear prematurely or prove overly stiff when used.

I wanted to say good job with the use of bass ferrells on the 8 string. Not a lot of makers are doing this.

I have checked out a few of the 8 string models. The rg 8 is just an rg7312 or 7412 with an extra string. Good solid guitar, but nothing extremely exceptional. Good for the pricing point.

I was dissapointed in the TAM 10. I felt it didn't offer much in the way of improvements over some other models. I have yet to try some of the iron label stuff, but hope that feel wise they play as good as they look.

I'd look a what carvin is doing with the DC800. I own one and love it. They seem to be gaining quite a bit of popularity too. Again i am hoping the iron label stuff stacks up in a comparable way to the DC800.
post #65 of 65 (permalink) Old 05-05-2015, 06:49 AM

I have no idea where this idea came from, but I will give the Official Ibanez 8 String R&D Team the credit. I just noticed the fanned fret Iron Label 7 and 8 string prototypes have the truss-rod wheel on the opposite end of the neck, similar to where other brands have been placing the adjustment wheel. I realize its not a major feature (compared to the fanned frets) but its the little things that count. I whole heartedly support its incorporation into future 8/7/6 string model guitars.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode