Ibanez JEM Forum banner

Please Mr Hosono

Tags
mr hosono
5K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  bassplyr_96 
#1 ·
I have one of your custom master series basses. MAB4QM. I have done as much research as I can. I wanted to know if you were the one that made my bass and is it one that was made in CA. Also I would like to know how many were made? It has the neck thru the body and we purchased it in Az in 1992. Any info on current value and # that were made would be great. I will never sell it, it's totally awesome in mint condition, and i'm sure one of a kind since they were all made to custom specs. It is the transparent finish. Thank you so much for getting back to me with an answer. I heard this one I have is the one they call the most rare, only made for 18 months in the CA custom shop. Thanks, Traci

#2 ·
Dear Traci, the bass you have is indeed made by myself (Hosono guitar Works - Glendale California) back in 1990 or 1991. The USA Master series were creation of Ibanez and H&S (Hoshino / Fujigen joint venture company) I was a sub contract of Hoshino USA / Ibanez at the time. 19 years later we still make the Ibanez custom shop's guitars and basses in very much the same way. I really grad to see some one still playing my old creation and liked it. Thank you very much Traci!!!!!! Tak Hosono

#4 ·
I am trying to find out more about the bass I have been using for almost 20 years and just read this forum.

My SN is MB91044 and I think it is an MAB4FM model. Made in USA.

It has served me very well all these years playing gigs here in Los Angeles including Singapore.

Still playing it everyweek.

Was this built by you as well ?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.