A Prestige 7 String RGA - Page 7 - Jemsite
Comments to Ibanez Here is your chance to post your comments to Ibanez. Officially this topic is NOT endorsed, approved or monitored by Ibanez/Hoshino. That said, voice your opinion anyway. Please be courteous.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #91 of 182 (permalink) Old 01-24-2008, 03:31 PM

Re: A Prestige 7 String RGA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak Hosono View Post
Okay, RGA7 indeed.
what would you like to see on this guitar? You want a bolt on guitar or neck through?
How about tremolo or non tremolo? How much price range should be?
Please give us little more specific detailed information.
I can't promise you guys anything yet but I will present "RGA7" idea to the Hoshino Gakki guitar meeting next time.
First, thanks for taking forward the Xiphos 7 string project. It seems that finally someone cares for 7 string players

Well, is important that all of us realize that beside what we would like, and the such, the guitar must have big selling points for pleasing Ibanez. Offering specs that are uncommon, grabs people attention inmediatly. Ebony board, or Neckthru construction, for instance

Seeing that a lot of people loves Buz McGrath and Broderick's LACS guitars, why not create a mix of the two?

-Prestige Japanese made
-Mahogany body w/maple cap and natural binding like the RGA321
-Trans finish (black or dark red) with matching REVERSE headstock
-Neck thru body, ebony board with no inlays (or something subtle like offset dots, or a 12th fret inlay like the S520EX)
-Binding on neck and heastock
-Floating bridge (blocking a trem is worth 0$, installing one 300$ + bridge price)
-Passive V7 humbuckers with standard 5-way switch (almost everyone changes the pickups anyway, so this way you could keep costs lower).

I'm pretty sure a lot of people would buy it if it keeps under 2000$. This thread has raised a lot of interest in www.sevenstring.org, and we're around 7000 members. Not counting the guys here on Jemsite.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 182 (permalink) Old 01-24-2008, 04:05 PM
Ibanez V.I.P.

I'm thinking more like 7 string neck through version of RGA321 type of guitar.
I don't know about MIJ Prestige though.......I don't think so.........
post #93 of 182 (permalink) Old 01-24-2008, 04:23 PM

An RGA7321 would be percect - trans blue, that absolutely fantastic Gibraltar Plus bridge and I'll buy it. Oh yes.

I have a million trem equipped guitars. A nice archtop seven with a fast neck? Yes please. Thats all i want.

I've been really impressed with the Cort stuff from Korea, so I guess MIK isn't so bad.

But an MIJ would be dreamy. A nice spec seven that isnt an RG. Yummy!
post #94 of 182 (permalink) Old 01-24-2008, 05:10 PM

I would probably prefer neck-through over bolt-on because of the extra sustain... however I only have experience with set-neck guitars myself (Les Paul and M3). Not sure how neck-through would differ from set-neck, tonewise.
By the way, not the best place to ask perhaps... But why doesn't Ibanez offer set-necks on this kind of guitar (or most other brands for that matter, it's generally always bolt-on or neck-through, Gibson M3 being the exception to the rule)?
post #95 of 182 (permalink) Old 01-24-2008, 05:11 PM
Banned

We need a decent quality fixed-bridge seven.

If you want a trem, buy the 1527.

The whole point of the RGA series is their non-trem option, so that's what the seven should have.
post #96 of 182 (permalink) Old 01-24-2008, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Sounds cool, but please, no inline dots. There are thousands of guitars with them already.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannymills View Post

The whole point of the RGA series is their non-trem option, so that's what the seven should have.
The whole point of an RGA is the arched top. We already have the Xiphos coming out that is fixed bridge. If you want a hardtail, buy the Xiphos
post #97 of 182 (permalink) Old 01-24-2008, 05:51 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Yes, PLEASE!

(I really wish that these threads wouldn't always turn into "Make me a custom to my specs but as a production model" threads.)
post #98 of 182 (permalink) Old 01-24-2008, 06:00 PM

Quote:
:shrug: I'd certainly check out a MIK RGA7321. It wouldn't be my first choice in specs, but depending on the price and execution it might be pretty cool. I'll be curious to see where this goes.
post #99 of 182 (permalink) Old 01-24-2008, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannymills View Post

+1111111
post #100 of 182 (permalink) Old 01-24-2008, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Sadly, I won't be buying this guitar then... I would take quality over price any day, so if it's not a MIJ, I'm just not interested.

Honestly, I think Ibanez has an excellent opportinity here to make what could easily be their greatest guitar. We've very little options in terms of high-end MIJ 7 strings, with even the Universe having a basswood body.

There's a lot of options out there for people buying low or mid range priced 7 strings, but in terms of high end, we've not much choice at all, bar going custom made.
post #101 of 182 (permalink) Old 01-24-2008, 09:50 PM

I would definitely buy it if it was MIJ, if it isn't I probably will just get a custom version or something hah
post #102 of 182 (permalink) Old 01-24-2008, 10:36 PM

Hey Tak thanks again for keeping us seven string guys in the loop!! I cannot wait till a proto type comes in!
post #103 of 182 (permalink) Old 01-24-2008, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl Hungus View Post
I really appreciate you asking this Tak.

I'd really like to see this as a neck through model, as something I've certainly lusted for is a neckthrough RG7, so you could easily kill two birds with one stone with this guitar. I'd much prefer a nice trem, Edge LoPro 7 if possible, but it's not a deal breaker for me. Pickups I'm not fussy about, as those can be changed out, just so long as it's not EMGs, as the big routing would be terrible for placing in DiMarzios, or other regular sized pickups.

Red, Green or Purple trans finish over a quilt or flame top. Please god not black, or blue.

The biggest factor in this guitar is that it is Japanese made.
If Ibanez brings out a Japanese made neckthrough RGA7, with a trem, and it is not black, I will buy it. Those specs would be as close to custom as I'd want, so I would definitely buy it. Other things like reversed headstock, inlays, it doesn't really matter, I don't mind.
I wanted to say I agree with you 100%
post #104 of 182 (permalink) Old 01-24-2008, 11:43 PM

I agree. I'd buy it if it was MIJ, I probably wouldn't even consider it if it was MIK no matter what the specs are.
post #105 of 182 (permalink) Old 01-25-2008, 03:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellraizer View Post
I agree. I'd buy it if it was MIJ, I probably wouldn't even consider it if it was MIK no matter what the specs are.
How about China?
There were a lot of Ibanez guitars from the Chinese custom shop at NAMM 2008, looked pretty good aswell.

Tags
abalone dots , air norton , alternate tuning , alternate tunings , basswood body , chris broderick , chrome hardware , cosmo black hardware , custom shop , dimarzio ibz , dimarzio pickup , dimarzio pickups , dimarzio pups , dot inlay , dot inlays , ebony board , ebony fingerboard , ebony fretboard , edge pro trem , edge trem , edge zero , epiphone les paul , equipped guitar , fixed bridge , flame maple , flamed maple , floating tremolo , fret buzz , fret inlay , fret neck , fretboard wood , guitar tech , hoshino gakki , ibanez guitars , ibanez models , jem custom , jumbo frets , killer guitar , korean guitar , les paul , locking nut , locking tuners , mahogany body , maple binding , maple fingerboard , maple fret , maple fretboard , maple neck , mij guitars , neck angle , neck binding , neck inlay , neck pickup , neck pockets , neck thru , neck thru body , neil zaza , offset dot inlays , piezo bridge , production model , quilted maple , reverse headstock , reverse headstocks , reversed headstock , rosewood board , rosewood fretboard , rosewood fretboards , seymour duncan , sharkfin inlays , tremolo arm , tremolo bridge , van halen , warped neck , wizard prestige , wizard prestige neck

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode