Prestige & Signature models deserve DiMarzio components. - Jemsite
Comments to Ibanez Here is your chance to post your comments to Ibanez. Officially this topic is NOT endorsed, approved or monitored by Ibanez/Hoshino. That said, voice your opinion anyway. Please be courteous.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-24-2006, 03:09 AM Thread Starter

Prestige & Signature models deserve DiMarzio components.

dear Tak, what about profitting of the Ibanez/DiMarzio deal to upgrade Prestige and Signature models with DiMarzio parts? Ibanez uses pretty cheap and bad-sounding components that aren't quite what we would see and hear in a $1000+ guitar. G and F use CTS or any other good quality components. a DiMarzio 500k pot would cost about $5.00 to a private buyer as we all are, so i'd guess Ibanez would get them a few cents each one. i don't think this would dramatically increase a JEM's or JS's overall price, but it would surely increase their quality in sound and reliability. and it would be great to have the VLX91 in there, too, instead of the cheap and noisy Cortek selector. DiMarzio components are the best, hands down, they're super-smooth operating, so consistent, efficient and would last virtually forever. i'm a local setup guy, and anytime someone asks me for a pickups change in him/her Ibanez i'll have them changing components with DiMarzios, too, which gives them a ear-to-ear smile.
that would be a totally great upgrade with extra-little expense for Ibanez.

thanks for reading,

nuno
www.ibanez87.it
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-24-2006, 05:15 AM

Re: Prestige & Signature models deserve DiMarzio components.

Nuno, like everytime , im in total agree with you. Best ibanez guitars deserve best hardware. As a slight addition, fixed bridged pgms can be upgraded with locking machine heads.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-24-2006, 10:27 AM

+1

Regards

André

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-24-2006, 11:26 AM
tTz

Quote:
Originally Posted by nienturi View Post
As a slight addition, fixed bridged pgms can be upgraded with locking machine heads.

The question is, though, why would anyone want locking machineheads? I've got a PGM, and I can tell you right now that I would not have bought it if it had locking machineheads; they would have *really* annoyed me, I hate the damned things (though as someone told me in another thread, hate generally stems from a lack of understanding...regardless, they don't appeal to me). Standard tuners just seem much more convenient to my haphazard way of stringing and tuning guitars, and if it's good enough for Paul Gilbert to play regularly, it's not exactly low quality, as nuno seems to be suggesting.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-24-2006, 11:34 AM

Pablo always goes outof tune on stage. But i agree that it is not necesary to have them stock, if you want them then fit them yourself. Dimarzio electronics would be good on prestigue. Those ibanez pots are noisy and the switches are pathetic.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-24-2006, 11:48 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by crevis View Post
Dimarzio electronics would be good on prestigue.
thanks for getting back on topic.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-24-2006, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuno View Post
dear Tak, what about profitting of the Ibanez/DiMarzio deal to upgrade Prestige and Signature models with DiMarzio parts? Ibanez uses pretty cheap and bad-sounding components that aren't quite what we would see and hear in a $1000+ guitar. G and F use CTS or any other good quality components. a DiMarzio 500k pot would cost about $5.00 to a private buyer as we all are, so i'd guess Ibanez would get them a few cents each one. i don't think this would dramatically increase a JEM's or JS's overall price, but it would surely increase their quality in sound and reliability. and it would be great to have the VLX91 in there, too, instead of the cheap and noisy Cortek selector. DiMarzio components are the best, hands down, they're super-smooth operating, so consistent, efficient and would last virtually forever. i'm a local setup guy, and anytime someone asks me for a pickups change in him/her Ibanez i'll have them changing components with DiMarzios, too, which gives them a ear-to-ear smile.
that would be a totally great upgrade with extra-little expense for Ibanez.

thanks for reading,

nuno
www.ibanez87.it
In total agreement here. I figure they'll last longer and just generally play nice with the pickups (which are of DiMarzio descent even if not completely a model of theirs). I think a little expansion on the partnership between Ibanez and DiMarzio would be great
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-10-2009, 01:34 PM

so are the V series pickups dimarzio designed?
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-12-2009, 08:24 AM

Reviews: 18

+1

That'd be awesome if they'd do that.
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-12-2009, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikewillz81 View Post
so are the V series pickups dimarzio designed?
I thought somewhere in the catalogs was stated that they were designed by 'Ibanez USA' (whatever that may be, Hoshino USA? LACS?).
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-12-2009, 11:34 AM

Reviews: 2

High-end Ibanez guitars MUST have high-end electronics.
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-26-2010, 01:51 PM

When an Schecter Tempest Custom can be on sale at MF right now for $453 and includes Seymour Duncan Duncan Custom & 59' pickups, there's a sadness I feel regarding my favorite brand of guitars not including Bona-fide DiMarzios on $900 guitars
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-03-2010, 02:19 PM

i agree 100% if we're shelling out that kind of money give us quality. take some pride and step it up again.
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-03-2010, 08:23 PM

Agree. Anyone remember the old S1520FB Prestige with neck binding, Lo-Pro Edge and Quantum pickups?

Tags
fixed bridge , ibanez guitars , paul gilbert

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode