Prestige S's from Japan? - Page 3 - Jemsite
Comments to Ibanez Here is your chance to post your comments to Ibanez. Officially this topic is NOT endorsed, approved or monitored by Ibanez/Hoshino. That said, voice your opinion anyway. Please be courteous.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 43 (permalink) Old 10-04-2007, 04:57 PM
Dee

Re: Prestige S's from Japan?

Yes.

+2.

I agree too. I'm sick of rosewood. Maple sounds better, especially when paired with a basswood body. The RG 20th I have sounds infinitely better to my ears than the RG's I own with rosewood boards. Also, John Suhr swears by maple capped basswood bodies. Obviously, he's only talking about bodies, but maple + basswood = good combination. Just ask EVH. Baaswood + rosewood = dull, cardboard box sounding guitar that needs brighter pickups.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 43 (permalink) Old 10-04-2007, 07:08 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim777 View Post
Isn't there an online petition site, where you could ask for and receive signatures for your petition? It think it's petitiononline.com
Thanks jim777. I'll check this site out as soon as possible.

I will not rest until Ibanez start to listen, so I'm probably not gonna get a lot of rest...

Rock on!
post #33 of 43 (permalink) Old 10-05-2007, 08:16 PM
Dee

Well I hate to put a downer on it, but I can't ever see them moving production of a line of guitars to another country like you're hoping. They probably consider the S series to be doing just fine as it is, otherwise they would have already moved production back to Japan. Again, not wanting to be a party pooper but it's not gonna happen, you're being very unrealistic.
post #34 of 43 (permalink) Old 10-05-2007, 08:32 PM
Vendor

Some of you aren't paying attention. There will be 2 MIJ Prestige S's made next year, with a very desired spec. Now if your country imports any is another subject entirely.
post #35 of 43 (permalink) Old 10-05-2007, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich View Post
Some of you aren't paying attention. There will be 2 MIJ Prestige S's made next year, with a very desired spec. Now if your country imports any is another subject entirely.
That means 24 frets.

If that's the case, that there will be a MIJ 24 fret S, I'll be getting one (or two!)
post #36 of 43 (permalink) Old 10-05-2007, 10:46 PM
Dee

Yea, as I was saying... I told you they'd make some MIJ S series.

post #37 of 43 (permalink) Old 10-06-2007, 05:29 AM Thread Starter

I'll cross my fingers and hope they import them into Australia.

I never wanted the whole production line of S's made in Japan, just one or two models. This is good news. Likely 24 fret too huh?

It will be interesting to see how well they sell. I know I will get one if they play well and are not hugely overpriced.

Rock on!
post #38 of 43 (permalink) Old 10-06-2007, 09:34 AM
Dee

Yeah, I thought you wanted the whole S series to be MIJ.
post #39 of 43 (permalink) Old 10-06-2007, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich View Post
Uh-oh, looks like I'm going to have to pick up a new S
post #40 of 43 (permalink) Old 09-01-2008, 12:15 PM

Reviews: 1

the S5470 is MIJ
post #41 of 43 (permalink) Old 09-01-2008, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by acdc51502112 View Post
the S5470 is MIJ
*Slow Clap*.
post #42 of 43 (permalink) Old 10-07-2008, 01:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoshredder View Post
i've been a big fan of RG for many years.
I don't think MIJ S series will kill the sales of RG guitars, they both have their own fan, but if Ibanez make MIJ S 24 fret, then we'll have a problem with the sales of RG. people who normally look for 24 fret guitars will look for RG. if there is 24 fret S MIJ, we now have options.

I would say, if there is 24f 'S' with edge pro tremolo, MIJ, yes, RG will have a problem.
As an RG lover, i would buy it without second thought.
Whichever happens, Ibanez make the money...its not like people are buying a competitors product instead, just a different Ibanez.

And frankly, with the sheer number of Ibanez RG's there are, I'd love to see more expansion of lines that aren't bought as much.

----------------
Now playing: Yoko Kanno - Kawaisou Na Faye (High Socks)
via FoxyTunes
post #43 of 43 (permalink) Old 10-21-2009, 09:17 PM

This thread necro is both fun and educational. The OP got their wish...

...the one they made 2 years ago!!

Last edited by RedTiger; 10-21-2009 at 10:07 PM.

Tags
basswood bodies , basswood body , body shape , custom guitar , custom models , ebony board , ebony fretboard , ebony fretboards , edge pro trem , edge pro tremolo , fret guitar , fret guitars , john suhr , mahogany body , neck binding , neck thru , pro tremolo , rosewood board , rosewood boards , sounding guitar

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode