A prestige Xiphos, and a few other suggestions. - Jemsite
Comments to Ibanez Here is your chance to post your comments to Ibanez. Officially this topic is NOT endorsed, approved or monitored by Ibanez/Hoshino. That said, voice your opinion anyway. Please be courteous.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 31 (permalink) Old 05-08-2008, 12:39 PM Thread Starter

A prestige Xiphos, and a few other suggestions.

First off, as the title suggests, a prestige Xiphos would be amazing. Given how popular the low-end, Indonesian made one is, an MIJ Xiphos, with an Edge Pro, or an Edge Zero, would definitely be a hot property. I'd have assumed we would already have seen one for 2008, and am hoping you have something in the works for next year, as I'd buy one without hesitation.

Second-improve the Edge III tremolo> I realize it's meant for lower end guitars, but I can't imagine buying one of the higher end RG Trem models, only to have the knife edges on it wear out after several months. This isn't just a gripe from one or two people-the majority of people online who own them seem to have experienced difficulties with them.

Third-More finishes are needed. When looking for high end Ibanez guitars, my choices seem limited to

Black
Grey
Silver
Something Sparkly
And a couple basic flamed tops.

At the back of your catalogue it shows what a wide range of colours are available, but there is generally only a couple of options per model at best, and with the metal geared guitars, they generally use the colours I previously referred to.

Thanks for taking the time to read this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 31 (permalink) Old 12-03-2008, 02:15 AM

Reviews: 2
Re: A prestige Xiphos, and a few other suggestions.

I second a Prestige Xiphos. I have one of the cheap (well, it only cost a month's rent I guess that's cheap Haha) and it is a great guitar. But I'm going to be putting an Edge Pro in it (with some locking studs) because I've had too much tuning problems with the Edge 3. The Edge 2 seemed to be more stable to me, but I'm getting off topic.

So yeah, a MIJ Xiphos would make me very happy!
post #3 of 31 (permalink) Old 12-04-2008, 02:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDissy View Post
Second-improve the Edge III tremolo> I realize it's meant for lower end guitars, but I can't imagine buying one of the higher end RG Trem models, only to have the knife edges on it wear out after several months...
so you're suggesting to improve the Edge-III so to avoid replacing it with a better trem? this way, the Edge-III would become better than the EdgePro or the EdgeZero?
post #4 of 31 (permalink) Old 12-04-2008, 02:51 AM

Prestige Xiphos is needed in the range and heck give it a old school colour you dont buy a xiphos to fit in to begin with so give us a wicked colour.
post #5 of 31 (permalink) Old 12-04-2008, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibz_SA View Post
Prestige Xiphos is needed in the range and heck give it a old school colour you dont buy a xiphos to fit in to begin with so give us a wicked colour.
Since we're dreaming, and though it'll never happen in a million years, I'd like to see a Prestige neck-thru original Wizard Xiphos or Iceman in DY or LNG with cosmo chrome hardware and a LoPro Edge.

But I'm a practical man, above all else, so I'd humbly settle for a Prestige RG565 reissue in some of the gnarly '80's colors. That would do the trick nicely, actually. I'd never complain about anything ever, ever again. I promise.
post #6 of 31 (permalink) Old 12-04-2008, 12:33 PM

FIVE-SIX-FIVE!
FIVE-SIX-FIVE!
FIVE-SIX-FIVE!
FIVE-SIX-FIVE!
post #7 of 31 (permalink) Old 12-04-2008, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuno View Post
FIVE-SIX-FIVE!
FIVE-SIX-FIVE!
FIVE-SIX-FIVE!
FIVE-SIX-FIVE!
Louder!

You think they're going to hear you all the way over in Japan?!

FIVE-SIX-FIVE!
FIVE-SIX-FIVE!
FIVE-SIX-FIVE!
FIVE-SIX-FIVE!
post #8 of 31 (permalink) Old 12-05-2008, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaos731 View Post
Louder!

You think they're going to hear you all the way over in Japan?!

FIVE-SIX-FIVE!
FIVE-SIX-FIVE!
FIVE-SIX-FIVE!
FIVE-SIX-FIVE!
FIVE-SIX-FIVE!
FIVE-SIX-FIVE!
FIVE-SIX-FIVE!
FIVE-SIX-FIVE!
post #9 of 31 (permalink) Old 12-07-2008, 11:07 AM
Super Moderator

Reviews: 1

I think that a prestige Xiphos is an excellent idea, I think Ibanez's overall position within the guitar market has been focussing on shipping units recently and it woul dmake a nice change to have a top of the line, dedicated "metal" guitar available.

I personally don't like the painted neck on the guitar, but a lot of guys don't mind it, and I think the shape, complete with reverse headstock and reverse sharktooth inlays screams metal. So yep, a prestige Xiphos, in an even more eye catching colour gets my vote
jono is online  
post #10 of 31 (permalink) Old 12-09-2008, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaos731 View Post
Since we're dreaming, and though it'll never happen in a million years, I'd like to see a Prestige neck-thru original Wizard Xiphos or Iceman in DY or LNG with cosmo chrome hardware and a LoPro Edge.
I do agree! Wizard 1 RFR!
post #11 of 31 (permalink) Old 12-10-2008, 02:59 AM

You guys ever see the custom shop made one for the guitarist/singer for necrophagist. Not sure of the specs but it says necrophagist in abalone or mother of pearl down the frets. That dude is freakin SICKKKKKK!
post #12 of 31 (permalink) Old 12-13-2008, 08:44 PM

A Prestige Xiphos in black with white binding would be pretty eye-catching (other colours would be great, but I know black is more likely). Plus chrome hardware and pickup covers. I think that could broaden its appeal to people who might otherwise prefer more Gibsonish designs, and give it an old school metal look.
post #13 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-17-2009, 12:42 AM

I think a prestige xiphos would be a great idea as well.

The wild color scheme would be amazing as well, a maple boarded Xiphos with red shark fin inlays and a laser red body would look incredibly righteous. Of course it would need matching red pickups and knobs :P too.
post #14 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-17-2009, 11:33 PM
DJR

Prestige Xiphos, both the black with aged cream binding and wild colors mention above would be very cool. I'm amazed there isn't one already. It would join the ranks of the 540PII in cult status, but I do wonder if the price point of such a guitar would be OTT for the majority of players likely to go for it? mind you.... Jackson and their USA V's and Kelly's still do well.

Ah what the hell.... do an updated version of the radical XV500 in wild colors and contemporary headstock & logo. That was such a cool looking pointy axe.
post #15 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-25-2009, 03:09 PM

I don't think a 7-String Xiphos with an Edge III is too much to ask for. Prestige neck would be nicer but i'd settle for the wizard

Tags
edge iii trem , edge zero , ibanez guitars

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode