Question about truss rod covers - Jemsite
Comments to Ibanez Here is your chance to post your comments to Ibanez. Officially this topic is NOT endorsed, approved or monitored by Ibanez/Hoshino. That said, voice your opinion anyway. Please be courteous.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-01-2012, 07:48 PM Thread Starter

Reviews: 3
Question about truss rod covers

I was wondering why Ibanez doesn't use truss rod covers for some models, like the Jem 10th, Jem 90th, Engen, J Custom etc.. but DOES use them on most other models?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-01-2012, 10:28 PM

Re: Question about truss rod covers

Quote:
Originally Posted by leathermonkey7 View Post
I was wondering why Ibanez doesn't use truss rod covers for some models, like the Jem 10th, Jem 90th, Engen, J Custom etc.. but DOES use them on most other models?
Best guess: Same reason some guitars have pickguards, pickup rings, binding, intricate inlays, etc.

Just for aesthetic reasons.

You'll also notice on the guitars that don't come with one the paint in the truss pocket is much cleaner than on one that does, purely aesthetic... it serves no useful purpose to do that, other than to look good.

And you look maaahhvelous!

(I wonder how many 'kids' here will know where that's from. )
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-01-2012, 11:14 PM

Reviews: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by MicJustMic View Post
Best guess: Same reason some guitars have pickguards, pickup rings, binding, intricate inlays, etc.

Just for aesthetic reasons.

You'll also notice on the guitars that don't come with one the paint in the truss pocket is much cleaner than on one that does, purely aesthetic... it serves no useful purpose to do that, other than to look good.

And you look maaahhvelous!

(I wonder how many 'kids' here will know where that's from.
)
I get it, but I liked the Landshark skits the best.
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-02-2012, 05:42 AM

I tend to take mine off. Easier to get to the truss rod adjustment that way.

Not that I go adjusting the truss rod all the time (maybe once in a blue moon), but when one of my guitars does need it (climate change here is extreme atm) I'm always happier if I don't have to deal with 3 little screws first.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode