Reliced Replica Ibanez Guitars - Jemsite
Comments to Ibanez Here is your chance to post your comments to Ibanez. Officially this topic is NOT endorsed, approved or monitored by Ibanez/Hoshino. That said, voice your opinion anyway. Please be courteous.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-29-2011, 09:26 PM Thread Starter

Reliced Replica Ibanez Guitars

Well, what lies in my mind is simple.

There is definite and undeniable interest for the reliced/aged, whatever you call, guitars outside. Virtually every single guitar that Fender Custom Shop makes is reliced or NOD at least. Nor Gibson does with Tom Murphy. And there are boutique aged/reliced guitar builders like Nash, Danocasters, Rebel Relic etc.

Why not an Ibanez? I assume that ever member of this forum loved Steve Vai and his miserable jem named "EVO". I believe that exact replicas of EVO, Chrome Boy would get great interest. And i)IMHO, its better to present people a great guitar in 8K price range instead of JS20th or Jem20th and ii)People paid hi ticket prices to see and touch EVO and other Vai's guitars and i assume even this might be a clue for the reaction of people.

On the other hand, if it will be, there must be more. There must be something more special like hand selected premium woods with great tap tone, pickups from custom shop, special hardware like tremolo with titanium block, and perfect paint job like Fender did on the "Blackie" or "Lenny" or "Malmsteens Play Loud Strat" or "Rory Gallagher Strat" replicas...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-30-2011, 01:01 AM

Reviews: 25
Re: Reliced Replica Ibanez Guitars

post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-30-2011, 02:38 PM Thread Starter

This is somewhat a replica but what i've meant is the exact guitar with all scars, letters, knobs, stickers even the smell

Check this site out for an instance to this kind of projects done for Claptons Blackie;

http://gc.guitarcenter.com/clapton/detail.cfm
post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-30-2011, 03:10 PM

Reviews: 10

Personally, I don't understand the appeal of reliced guitars...I don't want to spend top dollar$ on a brand new guitar that looks like someone else has been wearing it out - I'd rather wear out my new guitars myself...the character marks that are on the guitars that I bought new mean something to me...but that's just me...there are obviously people who like relic'd guitars cuz they are selling them in the guitar stores...

Strats and Teles have been around for so long that there are different artists that have been using them long enough to actually offer a reliced artist model...what Ibanez models would they relic other than the obvious choice of EVO? I don't see it happening...might be fun project for those who want to try and 'relic' a new guitar ;o)
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-30-2011, 04:50 PM

Reviews: 13

This subject tends to be quite contentious here on Jemsite. People generally tend to either love it for having the whole aged / worn play, feel and looks or absolutely hate it for being so fake and pretentious with the argument being as above.

I don't personally have an issue with relicing however would not pay to have it done.

I do however agree that the best way to get that look and feel is to play the guitar. I also agree that if you look after your guitar then you can keep it looking mint for many many years. My main playing guitar that I use I tend to not stress about the cosmetic condition (I always maintain the and service the electronics, neck and playing components of the guitar). With my Jems, Strats and Universe I keep them in as mint condition as possible - again, I would not pay for a reliced version.

-Wolfram
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-30-2011, 05:52 PM

And how much do you think something like an Evo relic would retail for, given the prices of other Ibanez small production specials?
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-30-2011, 09:44 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by doriangrey View Post
Personally, I don't understand the appeal of reliced guitars...I don't want to spend top dollar$ on a brand new guitar that looks like someone else has been wearing it out - I'd rather wear out my new guitars myself...the character marks that are on the guitars that I bought new mean something to me...but that's just me...there are obviously people who like relic'd guitars cuz they are selling them in the guitar stores...

Strats and Teles have been around for so long that there are different artists that have been using them long enough to actually offer a reliced artist model...what Ibanez models would they relic other than the obvious choice of EVO? I don't see it happening...might be fun project for those who want to try and 'relic' a new guitar ;o)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfram View Post
This subject tends to be quite contentious here on Jemsite. People generally tend to either love it for having the whole aged / worn play, feel and looks or absolutely hate it for being so fake and pretentious with the argument being as above.

I don't personally have an issue with relicing however would not pay to have it done.

I do however agree that the best way to get that look and feel is to play the guitar. I also agree that if you look after your guitar then you can keep it looking mint for many many years. My main playing guitar that I use I tend to not stress about the cosmetic condition (I always maintain the and service the electronics, neck and playing components of the guitar). With my Jems, Strats and Universe I keep them in as mint condition as possible - again, I would not pay for a reliced version.

-Wolfram
I agree with you mostly, especially the one i've bolded. To pay to a guy to thrash my guitar is not work on me either. But there is a market outside who loves them and those people pay much more to have. But don't miss the main concept, i dont say "Ibanez guys, produce reliced RGs or Jems", what i am suggesting to be noticed is the exact replica of EVO, probably the most famous jem for collectors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamond Dave View Post
And how much do you think something like an Evo relic would retail for, given the prices of other Ibanez small production specials?
Depends on whom does ibanez work with for making relic job. Fender can find people who can pay $24K for Blackie replicas and $12K for Malmsteens Play Loud Strat. More examples? Gibson is selling Pearly Gates LPs aged by Tom Murphy for $35K (msrp), Claptons aged Beano LP for nearly $30K, aged Jimmy Page "Number Two" Les Paul for nearly $26K. Okay, Steve Vais reputation may not that much, but he still has a fame

For the prices i've mentioned, you can check by yourselves;
http://www2.gibson.com/Products/Elec...-Standard.aspx
http://www2.gibson.com/Products/Elec...-Les-Paul.aspx
http://www2.gibson.com/Products/Elec...-Les-Paul.aspx

And the Play Loud video;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TYz-M6e7t9U
http://www.drumcityguitarland.com/dr...r-P2330C0.aspx

I've never been in US before but i assume Steve Vai known more than Yngwie, right? If the replica guitar of Yngwie can be sold for 12K in US, then i think this can work for Steve's EVO too.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-05-2012, 09:17 PM

stroy of my own :
one day my friend decided to import an EDWARDS SRV replica from Japan, with all that good old relic stuffs...you know.

when the guitar arrived, he opened it up and show it to his wife. His wife emotionally yell at him, you import this junk all over from japan? dont you have something better to waste the money?

chicks don't get it.
I don't get it either.
my friend finally got it... after hours of 'sweet songs' from his wife.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-07-2012, 07:58 PM

Reviews: 37
Smile Re: Reliced Replica Ibanez Guitars

I think it is a great idea.
I hate when there is a signature guitar that is way different from the artist's instrument.
Like the jem ,steve says ( he went through several necks to find the right one).
That sucks monkeys cause i want his guitar lol.
Then you got different trems on them ( years before now).
They should mimic every detail that makes the guitar special.
The js is one of my fav's cause they do the necks identical to eachother to digitaly get the coumpound radius that joe has.

To get off subject i hate when you get an artist gear and the sound is off cause they hide the way they use it. Like rack effects and mods to amps then sell you a base model that is useless to get the right tone sound you was looking for from the artist.
If you sell a signature model it needs to be as close as possible to what the artist has and not an empty box like a movie prop.

If steves guitar said andrew sucked on it , well thats the way i would want it to come to me as a signature axe.

If i wanted a guitar that just looked like his i would just buy a new rg and be just as happy.

P.S. leave the evo crack out of the relic Lol.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-07-2012, 08:33 PM

I love how "Aged and Signed" adds $10k-$20k to the price of a Les Paul. That is crazy.
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-19-2012, 01:38 PM Thread Starter

Ibanez have done what i offered here;

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pi...34239569949207

Evo replica by Sugi...
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-19-2012, 02:38 PM

Reviews: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by nienturi View Post
Ibanez have done what i offered here;

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pi...34239569949207

Evo replica by Sugi...
yep lolo. hope it aint cracked like evo.
The bad thing is if steve drops it you will have to drop your to match lol.

Tags
aged , relic , replica

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode