Reporting Ibanez fakes on Evilbay - Jemsite
Comments to Ibanez Here is your chance to post your comments to Ibanez. Officially this topic is NOT endorsed, approved or monitored by Ibanez/Hoshino. That said, voice your opinion anyway. Please be courteous.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-29-2006, 06:12 PM Thread Starter

Reporting Ibanez fakes on Evilbay

Many are not completing the "Report this listing" process correctly on evilbay.

Here's the steps you need to take to Report a fake on E bay.

1) When you are viewing a listing that is a fake (even if it doesn't say it's real, but has a picture of an ibanez logo on the headstock), scroll to the bottom of the listing and click the Report this item link:

2) Fill out the counterfeit item and select continue at the bottom:

3) You will get the following page. This is where most people stop, but you haven't reported anything yet. Click on the Email us (circled link) to continue with the report item feature:

4) That brings you to this page. Your are almost finished. Click the "send" button:

5) And finally, your confirmation that you've completed the Report this item process:

Last edited by phantoms; 04-29-2006 at 06:26 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-29-2006, 06:59 PM

Re: Reporting Ibanez fakes on Evilbay

There was a dude on **** selling Steve Vai Jem7v White guitars for 0.99p starting price!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They look legit to someone who doesn't know about guitars.

**** don't do **** all about fake ****. My parents have an internet business on there & always see people selling dodgy stuff & they report it & nothing happens. It aint worth it. The seller will sign up as a different user & do the same ****. Pierre Omidyar just wants loads of money to buy himself a big house. He's only 38 & is worth $10.1bn (£560m). The French ****.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-29-2006, 07:36 PM

******** ******* **** **** ***** ******** **** ******* ****!!!!
post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-29-2006, 07:46 PM

Well said Carlos, well said.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-02-2006, 09:56 PM

E-bay doesn't seem to do much very prompty about the fakes. I must have reported 30 recently. E-bay may be swamped with reports or are powerless in themselves to take onboard what we say. How do they know we are telling the truth? Who do they believe?
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-18-2006, 09:18 PM

personally i'd only report one that claimed or seemed to show it was the real thing

if they state it is a copy, they are actually helping! by increasing awareness outside the ibanez communities that fakes are out there and what they look like etc and giving ppl the option to choose honestly what they'd like to go with imo
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-18-2006, 11:47 PM Thread Starter

Even if it's stated in the ad that it's a copy, if it says Ibanez on the headstock it's still a counterfeit.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-19-2006, 12:53 AM

BAM!

and as i just said i will not report those ones!

in my opinion get rid of the dishonesty first, honest copying is in some's opinions not a bad thing and has been around in various places/ways/cultures for a long time. it forces ppl to make their product even better. yes there are bad points too.
but the CONNING is what i see as 'bad' , copying is only the technically illegal part. in some situations i hate copying, but with ibanez, i like it, makes ppl step up. i am human afterall..
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-19-2006, 04:11 AM

i think its a persons duty if they know its a fake to report it, lets face it heaps of us guys know what we are looking for . i know if its a bad fake its easy for us to spot, maybe when they get to the level of the good fender fakers then thats a different matter, i remeber years ago fenders where sold as 57s and they where not easy to tell from an original. my girls could make a better fake than most of the ones i see and i will report them and think we should all do the same if we knowingly see them.

hey i have no loyalty to ibanez but i dont like others getting riped off and it seems like there are just to many people willing to bid on these and then they find out to late.

nuff said.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-19-2006, 04:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ki swordsman
BAM!

and as i just said i will not report those ones!

in my opinion get rid of the dishonesty first, honest copying is in some's opinions not a bad thing and has been around in various places/ways/cultures for a long time. it forces ppl to make their product even better. yes there are bad points too.
but the CONNING is what i see as 'bad' , copying is only the technically illegal part. in some situations i hate copying, but with ibanez, i like it, makes ppl step up. i am human afterall..
Anything thats copying a design of an original Ibanez guitar is a fake. Weather is says its a copy or not shouldnt matter, its bad press for Ibanez, and **** are doing nothing about it. It also makes it far harder to find real Ibanez's on ****, you have to keep digging your way through the crap to find something usefull.

Ive bought copies on **** without knowing before now (a fake rugby shirt, advertised as real, it was a pretty good copy too, until compared to a real ony, luckily i lodged a complaint with paypal and got my money back) and its very annoying to have to deal with. Most people arent even going to realise theyre fake.
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-19-2006, 04:28 AM

MMBAM

lol i swear you guys didnt even read my writyping

the CONNING is what i see as 'bad' , copying is only the technically illegal part. in some situations i hate copying, but with ibanez, i like it, makes ppl step up, i am human afterall..

gives more choice,

report whatever you want. as i said, any that don't state they are copies are crossing the copying line and become Cons. they're the only ones i would report.
that's me, i don't have to be YOU
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-19-2006, 08:51 PM

No one cares anymore. I see thread after thread like this. E-bay doesn't care either.

If you know it's a fake, just don't touch it.
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-19-2006, 09:49 PM

yep, cons(no i dont mean copies) are out there in the world everywhere. knowing how to avoid them is skill and knowledge that every con helps to create

heres a random thought,
if we got rid of most cons, nobody would be careful or have anything to fear or reason to use those skills.the few cons still out there would get hugely increased success rates and that would convince others to start and con numbers would get bigger til this point again where we try to get rid of them all...again, we all like a bit of chaos now and then

lolzerbam

PS. no i'm not for conning, or copying(except in some cases like ibanez, dont ask me why) or totally against
bring it down or dont, its all good

Tags
steve vai

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode