RGD body in standard scale and tuning - Jemsite
Comments to Ibanez Here is your chance to post your comments to Ibanez. Officially this topic is NOT endorsed, approved or monitored by Ibanez/Hoshino. That said, voice your opinion anyway. Please be courteous.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-31-2010, 06:49 PM Thread Starter

RGD body in standard scale and tuning

How's that? Constructive? (Responding to my closed thread!)

I guess I don't really understand the purpose of this forum if it's not to express desires for new models or enhancements to existing models/parts.

Isn't Ibanez interested in what people want? Don't they take into consideration that the more people want something, the more they should probably provide it? For instance a 24-fret JS? Re-establishment of the Edge?

The description of this forum says "Voice your opinion anyway".

What IS the purpose of this particular Forum specifically?

-cp
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-31-2010, 07:08 PM

Reviews: 2
Re: RGD body in standard scale and tuning

So ... you created this thread to send comments to Ibanez or Jemsite?
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-31-2010, 07:24 PM Thread Starter

Both, I guess.

I just want it known, by Ibanez, that I like the RGD body shape, but want it on a 25.5 scale guitar. I guess there's a 'right' way to say that and a 'wrong' way to say that, I'm not sure what the mods are looking for.

I thought it might be a design others were interested in, thousands would post to this thread, and in a few years Ibanez would build it. But I guess this forum isn't for personal opinions. Maybe had I said I'd like the 'Swirl' to return, it would've gotten thousands of posts.

Sorry, I just feel slapped for some reason.

-cp
post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-31-2010, 07:34 PM

Reviews: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by frantick View Post
Maybe had I said I'd like the 'Swirl' to return, it would've gotten thousands of posts.
LOL. Yeah I like the new RGD shape too, but I think the main idea behind the rgd series is to build guitars with extended scale to play in D or C or whatever, so a 25.5 scale might be a bit difficult to see, but who knows? What I'd really like to see is an affordable (yes I'm poor) RGD7, cause the 26.5 or whatever the scale is will help in a 7 string more than a 6 string IMO.
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-31-2010, 08:39 PM Thread Starter

Yeah, I know the RGD series is for detuned stuff, I'm just sayin' that since they have about 50 different models with the same basic Ibanez 'pointed horn' style, they should make a 6-string standard tuning series, not RGD, that uses the RGD-style body.

I'll probably settle for a JS2400 though, cuz it's about the closest thing to what I want.

-cp
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-01-2010, 02:19 AM
Super Moderator

Reviews: 1

We're looking for constructive comments along the lines of,

"I really like the RGD body but I was dissappointed that it isn't available in the standard scale length of 25.5, I'd like to see the range with body shape expanded to incorporate the normal scale length."

What you posted was along the lines of.

"I want you to make me my dream guitar, whadaya say? No? How about reopening the custom shop, whadaya say?"

Yes, voice your opinion, but voice it in a professional way.

and you'll know when you've been slapped on this forum as you're not able to log on!
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-01-2010, 05:25 AM

Reviews: 4

If you want your dream guitar, built 100% to your specs, check out the Jackson/ESP custom shops. Ibanez will NOT be making your dream guitar, and probably never will.
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-03-2010, 10:13 PM

Just a BUMP with reason, I too was disappointed when I found out the RGD wasn't 25.5 scale. I'd like to see a regular scale RGD.
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-28-2010, 02:44 AM

Thumbs up Re: RGD body in standard scale and tuning

Hello to da forum!
I have no specific need to downtune, but I must admit, the RGD bodyshape looks really nice. And the toggle is in the exact right place. Too many RG:s have the 5 way switch anyway. For this reason I believe a 25,5" RGD would be in order.
Thank You.
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-17-2010, 10:32 AM

I fully agree. I joined to comment on this post and to add my own thread of my compliments and criticisms of Ibanez and their decision making process. Should be up soon...
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-17-2010, 10:50 AM

So how's playing a 26.5" anyway? I know I'm used to 25.5", but if I pick up a Les Paul or any other 24.75" model, it's not like it's unplayable for me, certainly not after a while. I even fiddled around on a 24" ORM which felt comfortable enough after a while. How big is the difference? Like riding a unicycle after a bicycle or what?
post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-18-2010, 05:21 AM

I always find short scale guitars uncomfortably small near the 24th fret. If XL scales had been available back in the days when I started I wouldn't have been on 25,5.
What you're getting in extra space up there with a longer scale, you will also need to have in extra hand stretch at the top of the neck. So if you've got small hands they might not be the best (same with 7s) but this all depends on your playing style.

Other advantages/differences:
-tone, attack, sustain (string thickness vs pitch vs tension; even without downtuning)
-feel (bending and such)

If a four year old Korean girl can play the **** out of a full size classical acoustic then virtually anyone over 15 should be able to get on with longer scale necks.
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-30-2014, 01:11 PM

Check out the new Komrad signature. It's basically a 7 string RG with a gross paint job, but with the RGD body shape.
post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-30-2014, 01:53 PM

There's very little difference with 25.5 and 26.5. Tiny bit of tension difference, can't even tell the fret spacing is different, IMO.

Put 8's on there, tune to standard, and it'll almost feel like a 25.5, IMO.
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-30-2014, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverEra View Post
If you want your dream guitar, built 100% to your specs, check out the Jackson/ESP custom shops. Ibanez will NOT be making your dream guitar, and probably never will.
And neither will ESP or Jackson for that matter. Just because a guitar company has a custom shop, doesn't mean they can make you your dream guitar.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode