Shades of gray - Lack of color - Jemsite
Comments to Ibanez Here is your chance to post your comments to Ibanez. Officially this topic is NOT endorsed, approved or monitored by Ibanez/Hoshino. That said, voice your opinion anyway. Please be courteous.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-04-2001, 05:16 PM Thread Starter

Shades of gray - Lack of color

2001 Line up...

UV - One model....black
Jem - Two models.....black & white
RG7 - Discontinued...but still available in....Iron Pewter (Metallic Black)

And new for 2001!!!!!!

RG570....Grey Nickel (Silver)....

I speak only for myself when I say.....Ibanez?.....color my world....:biggrin:

(Please, don't tell me that I can get an RG470 in red, or a GAX in blue. I wouldn't buy one and niether would any of you.)

J>
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-04-2001, 05:32 PM

Shades of gray

Isn't the RG7420 still available in Magenta Crush? Heh.

Actually, MC would look pretty decent if the headstock and fretboard dots matched.

Ibanez really needs to get away from the "slap a black headstock on everything" approach, especially on their high-end stuff. Black headstock on a DNA? WTF is up with that?
post #3 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-06-2001, 06:28 PM

Shades of gray

It would be Excellent to see a new Jem or UV living in color again.

Last edited by Rodney James; 01-31-2008 at 08:59 PM.
post #4 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-07-2001, 08:34 AM

Shades of gray

If less color options would mean more hardware and/or wood options then I could live with it happily.
post #5 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-07-2001, 10:11 AM Thread Starter

Shades of gray

I would go along with the wood option thing, but would want natural or stained finishes.

Why would I want a mahogony bodied guitar covered in boring black....(maybe I should ask K. Hammit....nah)?

Or, why would I want a beautiful Swamp Ash covered in white?

I'd love a mahogony body with a thick clear. The kind that looks like your hand would go right through it.

Yeeeaahh Baaabbyy!!!!!

J>
post #6 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-07-2001, 03:33 PM

Shades of gray

Surely transparent finishes on mahogany or ash look better, but when have you seen Steve play a transparent finished guitar last? I think he likes only solid colors... Our destiny!
post #7 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-07-2001, 03:56 PM

Shades of gray

Personally I miss the flourescent colours but that's just me. *As far as Vai only playing solid colours, what about the root beer jem, or the BSB, or his bad horsie jem (or whatever it's called) *Yeah they've all got colour in them but you can still see the wood grain. *Personally I think the BSB was one of the coolest finishes on a Jem, I just don't like the thinner necks.
Don't go orange, it only looks good on mopar products and fruit! *OK OK, it's just my opinion, I don't like orange much because when I was very tiny my mom used to get me a lot of orange clothes and I hate the colour now. *Oh well, outside of the MC, I think the black and green UV was the best looking of the bunch too.
Jeremy
post #8 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-07-2001, 03:59 PM

Shades of gray

Yeah, I have black and green 91 UV, and I love it. It will get new pups soon. I'm really excited.
post #9 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-25-2001, 01:57 AM

Shades of gray

COLOR # 7 ORANGE....... *

Last edited by Rodney James; 01-31-2008 at 08:59 PM.
post #10 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-25-2001, 09:54 AM

Shades of gray

Put the orange + black swirl into production! But only if you can get DiMarzio to start making orange bobbins again, too.

UV777OMC, anyone? (And put an orange vine inlay on that sucker!)
post #11 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-25-2001, 01:38 PM

Shades of gray

I teach in a music store that is an Ibanez dealer. *When I started, I was really excited to work in a store where i could get any Ibanez guitar at a deep discount, but *these days there's nothing in the Ibanez catalog that particularly turns me on! *

This sucks. *The colors are useless, the options are sparse, and the Jem 7V is way too expensive. *I wonder if maybe I can somehow order the bitchin' Japanese RGs or the BTB Satriani....

grrr.
post #12 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-25-2001, 01:48 PM

Shades of gray

Maybe this is just personal opinion, but Iíll bet many will agree when I say that I am all for Darrenís UV777OMC. You must listen to Darren. He is a Graphic Design Guru. :biggrin:

Things just seem to be getting very plain looking lately. I guess itís a trend or whatever. Hereís hoping it changes.
post #13 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-25-2001, 02:27 PM

Shades of gray

Just noticed this thread actually.
But don't you think that the 2 new Korn7 string offerings are amazingly dull!?

With the demise of the 2027 it does appear that the 7's are taking a bit of a knock back, (but 6 has always been enough for me anyway)

I really do love bright, cosmetic guitars ( as long as they play well ), custom graphics, funky paint jobs, exotic inlays...I'm all for it and I'm sure many of us are.
Maybe it's a real cost-cutter, as we all demand higher quality construction and parts then the scrimping takes place with the finish.

Just my 0.2p

Steve
post #14 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-25-2001, 09:34 PM

Shades of gray

* Darren, Great Idea!

Last edited by Rodney James; 01-31-2008 at 09:00 PM.
post #15 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-25-2001, 11:56 PM

Shades of gray

Oh, one more thing, Ibanez...

If you do decide to do another MC, please, please, please swirl the headstocks as well!!#$

ATD's work is so amazing, the bodies deserve to be complemented by a nicely swirled head as well.

Tags
black headstock , cavity cover , custom shop , horsie jem , ibanez catalog , ibanez dealer , jackson soloist , john petrucci , john petrucci model , mahogony body , music store , petrucci model , root beer jem , swamp ash

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode