Is there a market for a Re-Issue or Re-Working of the X-Ing guitars? - Jemsite
Comments to Ibanez Here is your chance to post your comments to Ibanez. Officially this topic is NOT endorsed, approved or monitored by Ibanez/Hoshino. That said, voice your opinion anyway. Please be courteous.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-17-2009, 09:59 PM Thread Starter

Is there a market for a Re-Issue or Re-Working of the X-Ing guitars?

For anyone not familiar, heres the X-ing guitar:

http://www.joness.com/gr300/img2010.htm

Anyone else with me on thinking a more modern version of this, or even a straight re-issue, would be awesome?

Now, I'm aware of one possible problem here - How much of the technology was licensed? Anyone who has some info on that is welcome to inform me why this wouldn't be a viable re-issue (Excepting market demand of course)

----------------
Now playing on Winamp: Eminem - Under The Influence
via FoxyTunes
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-18-2009, 01:10 AM

Re: Is there a market for a Re-Issue or Re-Working of the X-Ing guitars?

I'm not sure about that one... I would like to have one but didn't they replace the concept using the gk-3 pickup and the roland pedals.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-18-2009, 01:24 AM Thread Starter

The GK3 is just smaller, AFAIK. The concept is exactly the same. 6 individual pickups in one housing, which convert their 6 independent signals into midi data and send that out.

The systems are different, but thats why a more modern version would be great. The X-ings practically beat the **** out of any equivalent Roland from the period. No reason Ibanez couldn't concievably beat the **** out of current roland models too, by applying the some 'refine and improve' concept to a new version.
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-18-2009, 08:42 AM
Super Moderator

Reviews: 1

I'd have to say a big "no" to demand on this one really.

Guitarissts didn't take to that sort of kit the first time and I don't see them doing so even now. Even things like the Axe-FX and before that the Line 6 stuff have always met with the reaction that it's not a "hand wired valve amp" etc and I think it's even more the case with guitars.

Guitarists want guitars to look and feel like guitars which is why the Strat, Tele and Les Paul aer still so popular today. I think if Ibanez could maybe take the RG1820X (or whatever the actual designation is) and spruce it up a bit thatmight work, but even then, I'd reckon it's a fringe market.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-25-2009, 07:09 PM

I'd love to see the Axstar or Maxxas make a comeback. Probably just have to keep watching the 'bay and maybe get lucky. I snagged a Necromancer's Castle recently so you never know.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-25-2009, 09:43 PM

I had a black one back when they were new, and they were very nice playing guitars; much better than I thought they'd be. It wasn't great as a controller (nothing back then was) but it was a fine guitar.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-29-2009, 01:44 PM
Banned

nah i think ill pass on this one,not my thing

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode