Ibanez JEM Forum banner

UV777 Black/Green re-issue?

2K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  nuno 
#1 ·
I'm sure I can't be the only one to think that the old UVs with the green pickups and inlays looked amazing. Would there be any chance of a re-issue?

#3 ·
I'm a long-time fan of this model - it was the first Universe that I purchased brand new in 1991. It's still with me to this day... since then I've added an RG7-620GN and a UV777BK... as far as 7-strings go.

I'd be interested in a reissue that featured the AANJ... but I suspect that there'd be a certain intangible 'something' that would be quite different. One thing for certain; the thickness of the finish would change things up, as they used to be massively thick... I find that my UV7BK and my Jem777LNG are both VERY loud acoustically... and have a certain special something to the way that they resonate while being played in general.
I don't know what the magic recipe is there.

Nonetheless, I'd be quite eager to test drive (and probably want to acquire) a reissue/update version.

#9 ·
Not only that, but to be blunt, another black guitar is the last freakin' thing Ibanez needs right now. Their whole seven string lineup needs some help. Why not a maple fingerboard Universe in blue with blue pyramid inlay and pickups, or maybe candy apple red with red pyramid inlay and pickups. --Jason

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.