What about a reversed ZPS? - Jemsite
Comments to Ibanez Here is your chance to post your comments to Ibanez. Officially this topic is NOT endorsed, approved or monitored by Ibanez/Hoshino. That said, voice your opinion anyway. Please be courteous.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-21-2011, 07:03 AM Thread Starter

What about a reversed ZPS?

since the most Edge trems have a common problem, which is the tuning going sharp after pull-ups, what about a reversed ZPS to help the trem returning to zero? as it works now, it just helps the trem going back to zero after divebombs only (which usually isn't a problem on Edge trems), but not after pull-ups. or am i crazy?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-22-2011, 01:35 AM

Re: What about a reversed ZPS?

I suspect it would reverse the problem, to be honest - making the problem sag the other way moreso.

Seems as though there must be too much 'range' to the 'zero' state.
Maybe it's something to do with the felt (is it felt in there?) or whatever the bumper material is, causing some variance/buffering some movement...
That's what I would target first; see if that 'range' of zero could be reduced to ... zero =]
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-22-2011, 02:58 AM Thread Starter

i think a well designed device would not reverse the problem. frankly, i never had a problem with the ZPS, i don't get all this fuss about it. if it's well setup, it works, even if it's not so necessary. the real problem with the Edge family is the pull-up causing sharp tuning return. probably a kind of an ESP Arming Adjuster, which you can fine tune to keep the trem block to zero, don't know.

but then, why not a better designed set of posts? this would cut any problems directly at the source, i think.
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-22-2011, 04:55 AM

Reviews: 4

They need to bring back the back stop.Those kind of stabilizers work great.Maybe they should combine the zps with the back stop.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-22-2011, 06:53 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarnub3 View Post
Maybe they should combine the zps with the back stop.
stay on Earth, guys!

they could just make stainless steel posts with the right cut grooves first, to avoid any "problem-solving" device then.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-22-2011, 01:37 PM

Reviews: 4

maybe they could have strat trems with graphtech parts and locking tuners! hahahhahahahhahahah
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-23-2011, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fwd0120 View Post
maybe they could have strat trems with graphtech parts and locking tuners! hahahhahahahhahahah
That would work perfectly fine if the trems were wilkinsons. My wilky equipped guitars don't even have locking tuners and return to pitch perfectly even with heavy use.

Tags
edge zero issue , zero point system , zps

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode