what ibanez really needs to make - Jemsite
Comments to Ibanez Here is your chance to post your comments to Ibanez. Officially this topic is NOT endorsed, approved or monitored by Ibanez/Hoshino. That said, voice your opinion anyway. Please be courteous.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-18-2008, 02:11 PM Thread Starter

Reviews: 3
what ibanez really needs to make

a neck thru guitar that doesnt have that paint finished stuff on the back of the neck. i want something like how carvin does it when you order the back of the neck tongue oiled. i hate the sticky feel of that polyacrillic stuff.
any one else agree?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-18-2008, 02:44 PM Thread Starter

Reviews: 3
Re: what ibanez really needs to make

guess not haha
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-18-2008, 03:02 PM

RGT220A has that as well as a few of the others. And you may want to give it more than 30min for a response before thinkin that people are ignoring you. Many of us have lives we need to attend to.
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-18-2008, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicDebris View Post
RGT220A has that as well as a few of the others. And you may want to give it more than 30min for a response before thinkin that people are ignoring you. Many of us have lives we need to attend to.
Bullsht Cosmic, the most important thing in anyone's life should be reading the countless "What Ibanez needs to make" threads.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-18-2008, 03:50 PM

things like this makes ibanez ignore some things like this.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-19-2008, 01:21 PM

Cow's or Sheep's Tounge oil finish
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-19-2008, 01:25 PM

i agree though, i hate painted necks but would like to get a new neckthru guitar for the collections. more options would be nice.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-10-2008, 10:06 PM

Reviews: 1

Apologies if this is re-opening on older thread, but it's pretty high on the list so I figured it wouldn't be too bad.

I have played Les Pauls, etc. with painted necks. They are still by all means playable, but I have noticed that it IS harder to move your hand along the neck than with a raw neck. It seems like it's kind of slightly "sticking" to the hand. Not much, but enough to slow you down quite a bit.

Ibanez seems to slowly be falling into the painted neck trap like Gibson did. My advice to Gibson would be to switch to raw necks (like they were requested to by Zakk Wylde while making his Les Paul) and my advice to Ibanez would be to avoid moving to painted necks.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-19-2008, 01:40 PM

i'd like them to upgrade the hardwares like more robust tremolo systems, better electronics and durable chrome/metal finish on metal pickup rings and knobs.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-19-2008, 10:19 PM

I must be an odd-ball....I like the painted neck feel of my RGT more than the unfinished necks.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode