What would you like to see from Ibanez? - Page 16 - Jemsite
Comments to Ibanez Here is your chance to post your comments to Ibanez. Officially this topic is NOT endorsed, approved or monitored by Ibanez/Hoshino. That said, voice your opinion anyway. Please be courteous.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #226 of 238 (permalink) Old 09-10-2006, 12:54 AM

Re: What would you like to see from Ibanez?

Some really tacky colours would be great i.e fluro green
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #227 of 238 (permalink) Old 09-11-2006, 12:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevenMikel View Post
Bring back the Backstop
+1 Love the backstop
post #228 of 238 (permalink) Old 09-11-2006, 11:30 AM

Bring back the RG 7620, an S 7 again and definately a new UV.
post #229 of 238 (permalink) Old 09-11-2006, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flobanez View Post
Bring back the RG 7620
Yes, seeking one now on the bay.
post #230 of 238 (permalink) Old 09-11-2006, 01:44 PM

Smile Re: What would you like to see from Ibanez?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shredder87 View Post
What I would like to see from Ibanez:

1. More colours - think "Something for everyone". I like the modern sparkle finishes like Galaxy Black and Mirage Blue that are found on the new Prestige RGs, but I love the old neon colours - Desert Yellow, Loch Ness Green etc. How about an LNG Prestige RG? I would imagine it would sell. I would certainly buy it! The demand is there, Ibanez, it's a niche waiting to be filled...

2. A choice between maple and rosewood fretboards on most, if not all RG and S Series guitars, especially Prestige models. Again, there is big demand for this.

5. More neck-through models throughout the range. Without the boring finishes.

6. Headstock same colour as body on all models.

8. Next Year - 20th anniversary edition Made In Japan RG550, available in Desert Yellow, Loch Ness Green, Orange etc. with hardcase. In fact, what the hell, the 550 should be brought back as a permanent production model.
Im with you. New colors are nicebut... Boring I alwyas liked the neon ones with maple fingerboard and matched headstock...

And i wish jem and UV reissues... Bring jem77bfp, jem77pmc and UV77mc back
post #231 of 238 (permalink) Old 09-12-2006, 03:47 PM

Reviews: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shredder87 View Post
What I would like to see from Ibanez:

1. More colours - think "Something for everyone". I like the modern sparkle finishes like Galaxy Black and Mirage Blue that are found on the new Prestige RGs, but I love the old neon colours - Desert Yellow, Loch Ness Green etc. How about an LNG Prestige RG? I would imagine it would sell. I would certainly buy it! The demand is there, Ibanez, it's a niche waiting to be filled...

2. A choice between maple and rosewood fretboards on most, if not all RG and S Series guitars, especially Prestige models. Again, there is big demand for this.

3. H-S-H configuration on the RGA.

4. An RG with the ZR trem. It's on the S Series, so why not the RG?

5. More neck-through models throughout the range. Without the boring finishes.

6. Headstock same colour as body on all models.

7. 24 Frets on the S Series.

8. Next Year - 20th anniversary edition Made In Japan RG550, available in Desert Yellow, Loch Ness Green, Orange etc. with hardcase. In fact, what the hell, the 550 should be brought back as a permanent production model.

The only thing Ibanez has the right NOT to do from this list is #7. 24 frets on the S would kill the sales of the RGs. Other than that, everything else should be done within 3 years max
post #232 of 238 (permalink) Old 09-12-2006, 05:39 PM

Things from Ibanez I'd like to see:

The infamous backstop,
More colours ( eg SK/LNG/DY etc ),
Seven string S guitar,
General more seven strings,
Possibly real DiMarzio's for the prestige line.
post #233 of 238 (permalink) Old 09-12-2006, 06:27 PM

+1 on the return of the rg550's and their colours. I think they should keep a new line of these separate from the current one, similar to Prestige, but more based on the old designs and colours. An Edge reissue on these is probably pushing it wayyyy over the limit, but I'd love a nice orange rg550 with an original Edge
post #234 of 238 (permalink) Old 09-13-2006, 02:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabre View Post
Things from Ibanez I'd like to see:

The infamous backstop,
More colours ( eg SK/LNG/DY etc ),
Seven string S guitar,
General more seven strings,
Possibly real DiMarzio's for the prestige line.
I like your list.
post #235 of 238 (permalink) Old 09-13-2006, 02:32 AM

, Thanks Shaun; I'm not sure if you know but I'm 'Jibboom' off the Official Forum, but I'm liking this forum a little better, more discussions! And anyway, the most I want out of that list is the backstop probably, but I reckon the colours are pretty essential to Ibanez if they are going to sell anything over the next few years.
post #236 of 238 (permalink) Old 09-13-2006, 02:53 AM

You should get your hands on a S 7420. They seem to be out there used for descent prices. I overpaid for mine, it was bought brand new.
post #237 of 238 (permalink) Old 09-13-2006, 03:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabre View Post
the most I want out of that list is the backstop probably,
Save some money and get it, I got one and love mine
post #238 of 238 (permalink) Old 09-23-2006, 07:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flobanez View Post
I like your list.
+1

Regards

André

Tags
alder bodied , alder body , allen wrench , allen wrenches , andy martin , basswood bodies , basswood body , birdseye maple neck , block inlays , body shape , candy apple red , cavity cover , chrome hardware , coil tap , coil tapping , custom guitar , custom guitars , custom shop , darren wilson , dave weiner , david mccarroll , dimarzio pickup , dimarzio pickups , direct mounted pickups , dot inlay , dot inlays , duncan pickups , ebony board , ebony boards , ebony fingerboard , ebony fretboard , ebony fretboards , edge trem , edge tremolo system , edge trems , epiphone les paul , equipped guitar , fixed bridge , fixed bridge guitar , fixed bridge guitars , fixed bridge model , flame maple , flamed maple , floating bridges , floating trems , floyd rose , floyd trem , fret board , fret neck , fret necks , guitar mag , guitar playing , guitar tech , hardtail bridge , hoshino gakki , ibanez custom shop , ibanez dealer , ibanez guitars , ibanez trem , input jacks , intonation tool , jason becker , joe satriani , john petrucci , kahler trem , les paul , les pauls , loch ness green , lock nut , locking stud , locking studs , locking trems , mahogany body , maple fingerboard , maple fingerboards , maple fret , maple fret board , maple fretboard , maple neck , matic bridge , mounted pickups , music store , neck binding , neck thru , pickup combination , pickup selection , powersound pickups , pro edge , pro edge trem , pro edge tremolo , pro edge trems , production model , pyramid inlay , quilted maple , reverse headstock , reverse headstocks , reversed headstock , rosewood board , rosewood fretboard , rosewood fretboards , sam ash , seymour duncan , seymour duncan pickups , shark tooth inlays , sharkfin inlays , sharktooth inlay , sharktooth inlays , signature guitar , steve vai , thicker necks , trem arm , trem arms , tremolo arm , tremolo system , truss rod , usa custom shop , wilkinson trem

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode