What would you like to see from Ibanez? - Page 3 - Jemsite
Comments to Ibanez Here is your chance to post your comments to Ibanez. Officially this topic is NOT endorsed, approved or monitored by Ibanez/Hoshino. That said, voice your opinion anyway. Please be courteous.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 238 (permalink) Old 02-17-2004, 02:56 PM

Bring back the RD707/727 Road Bass.

I had one years ago and I loved that thing more than my custom made Jackson Concert Bass.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 238 (permalink) Old 02-17-2004, 03:45 PM

Reviews: 4
I would second (or third) the idea that any Ibanez dealer should be able to order any guitar in production for any part of the world (with the exception of maybe the 333). It pisses me off to see the BSB or Floral or whatever available anywhere but here in the USA. I wouldn't mind an upcharge for what I want.

The custom shop sounds cool too.
post #33 of 238 (permalink) Old 02-17-2004, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren wilson
I would like to underscore Frank's point by saying this:

wow!!! that is killer!
post #34 of 238 (permalink) Old 02-17-2004, 07:39 PM

I would like to see more hardtails on RGs and more ZR-equipped guitars available...
post #35 of 238 (permalink) Old 02-17-2004, 07:52 PM

More 7-strings, more Jems, more UVs...and make a production model 8-string while you're at it!

Also, offer more color & finish options!!!!
post #36 of 238 (permalink) Old 02-17-2004, 09:19 PM

Reviews: 1
i'll put in my 2 cents....

Firstly, I agree with the idea of being able to import any guitar around the globe. I might have purchased an rg2820 in a heartbeat if it was available to me.

Glen mentioned a key word and that is "mature" A lot of us here were a lot younger when we were first turned onto ibanez. For myself, It was when i saw the UVMC on the cover of passion and warfare. I was barely a teenager. Now I am approaching thirty and my tastes in guitars are evolving. I no longer look for the solid colors, the sparkle colors, plain old basswood bodies or rosewood fretboards. I want sunburst, and transparent finishes, carved tops, 2 piece bodies, different woods, and just things overall that just speak high quality and a passion for ones art.

As we all get older, and its seems there are a lot of older ibanez players now, it seems ibanez is going in reverse. The RG3120 was dumped and we get the RG2570 in vital silver with sharfin inlays. That guitar just seems very juvinile but has a price tag that most juviniles would be able to touch. So a classy guitar that appealed to the older audience was dumped and replaced with something that is more or less going to appeal to a small group of people. I give credit for the new 3020 but a lot of us prefer bolt on necks. The UV and Jem are boutique quality instruments but really dont appeal to everyone. One reason is style. Another is that people want their own identity. So basically to sum things up, theres an older audience here that have big wallets but dont want to switch to les pauls to get a classy high quality instrument. A possible remedy would be to introduce j-customs into the US market and allow importing as has been stated many times.....or just create some new "boutique" models for the us market.
post #37 of 238 (permalink) Old 02-18-2004, 04:23 PM

i would like it if there were some models with a trem such as a wilkinson with a roller nut, something for people who dont really like hardtail or full floating locking trems-where the tuning can't be changed without all the strings going off on one.

also, more variation on existing models, for example i absolutely love the iceman shape, but would love it even more if there was a h-s-h rout, trem, and 5 position switch option instead.
post #38 of 238 (permalink) Old 02-18-2004, 08:05 PM

I think it's great that Ibanez is understanding that the old "9" series pedals were great, and have recently reissued a couple more...as well as an 808.

On guitars, I would really like to see some of the JPM characterstics carried over, like the RG2820...42mm nut, 3-way toggle, etc.

I always like to see figured maple tops...how about more nice quilt tops? I also like things like maple neck binding (as on some Japanese market models).

Vintage Violin is always welcome on these shores.

Greg
post #39 of 238 (permalink) Old 02-18-2004, 09:03 PM

I'm with Rich on this one, we need the locking studs back.

Gotoh still ships locking studs with their brand Floyd trem, and they even use the smaller allen key like the newer Edge Pro posts.

I used to recommend MIJ Ibanez guitars to anyone looking for a shred guitar, now I'm more likely to tell them to look for a pre-2003 model.

As for the Sharkteeth inlay on the RG2570 being juvenile, Jackson seems to have no problems selling $1500 guitars with similar inlays.

I'd personally like to see more bound neck guitars. Especially the high-end models.
post #40 of 238 (permalink) Old 02-18-2004, 11:50 PM

Ibanez Artist guitars, and thier old Les Paul copies, have a great reputation. I'm surprised the company hasn't developed them further in recent years to compete with PRS. The new singlecut Artcore hollowbody Les Paul-style guitar looks great. Make that into a solid body, black finish with white binding, and it would be a huge hit.
post #41 of 238 (permalink) Old 02-19-2004, 12:23 AM Thread Starter

Keep it coming everyone! Everything sounds great and a few of the subject are being explored and being done for the near future!!!!!

Peace

A
post #42 of 238 (permalink) Old 02-19-2004, 02:41 AM

Ibanez' appeal for me has always been the whammy bar. They are the best, so I think it would be wise bring back the locking posts.

I'd like to see a non-signature (moderately priced) 7 string with a mahogany body, full fretboard markers and stock EMGs. No fancy inlays or anything that would raise the price too much, just a killer player's axe.
post #43 of 238 (permalink) Old 02-19-2004, 03:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren wilson
I would like to underscore Frank's point by saying this:

+ a billion

More high-end models outside of the RG and Signature lines. (A high-end Destroyer would rule, maple top, of course, as would a few more killer S Series [SC-1620, S-3040, etc...]!) More variety in fretboard and body woods in every model line. (I love Ibanez, but I don't freaking like rosewood.) More 24.75" guitars. Reverse headstocks. More neck profiles. Oiled necks. More finishes and pickup configurations. Which leads me to... a Custom Shop. They would have me broke in a few hours. No joke. Heck, I even have my own body design that I've been wanting them to make for me for a couple years.

"unaffiliated" MIJ jazz guitars
540PII
Proline (or at least that body shape)
Rocket Roll
Radius
DT-350 (X Series body shape)
Maxxas
Artfields (The AFD45 and the "boutique"-looking models)
Assorted "weird" and/or "experimental" guitars
SB1500 (or something similar)
post #44 of 238 (permalink) Old 02-20-2004, 01:07 AM

I would like to see angled input jacks(jem, js) standard on all rg-based body styles.Its a very practical and musican freindly idea.
post #45 of 238 (permalink) Old 02-20-2004, 02:58 AM

I must concur with the locking studs. Maybe a non low profile version of the Edge Pro (for those of us who prefer the original Edge)

I'd like to see the return of the RG750, but with the AANJ. That is the only thing they lack... They could call it a RG2750 now - I like having the pickguard.

Tags
alder bodied , alder body , allen wrench , allen wrenches , andy martin , basswood bodies , basswood body , birdseye maple neck , block inlays , body shape , candy apple red , cavity cover , chrome hardware , coil tap , coil tapping , custom guitar , custom guitars , custom shop , darren wilson , dave weiner , david mccarroll , dimarzio pickup , dimarzio pickups , direct mounted pickups , dot inlay , dot inlays , duncan pickups , ebony board , ebony boards , ebony fingerboard , ebony fretboard , ebony fretboards , edge trem , edge tremolo system , edge trems , epiphone les paul , equipped guitar , fixed bridge , fixed bridge guitar , fixed bridge guitars , fixed bridge model , flame maple , flamed maple , floating bridges , floating trems , floyd rose , floyd trem , fret board , fret neck , fret necks , guitar mag , guitar playing , guitar tech , hardtail bridge , hoshino gakki , ibanez custom shop , ibanez dealer , ibanez guitars , ibanez trem , input jacks , intonation tool , jason becker , joe satriani , john petrucci , kahler trem , les paul , les pauls , loch ness green , lock nut , locking stud , locking studs , locking trems , mahogany body , maple fingerboard , maple fingerboards , maple fret , maple fret board , maple fretboard , maple neck , matic bridge , mounted pickups , music store , neck binding , neck thru , pickup combination , pickup selection , powersound pickups , pro edge , pro edge trem , pro edge tremolo , pro edge trems , production model , pyramid inlay , quilted maple , reverse headstock , reverse headstocks , reversed headstock , rosewood board , rosewood fretboard , rosewood fretboards , sam ash , seymour duncan , seymour duncan pickups , shark tooth inlays , sharkfin inlays , sharktooth inlay , sharktooth inlays , signature guitar , steve vai , thicker necks , trem arm , trem arms , tremolo arm , tremolo system , truss rod , usa custom shop , wilkinson trem

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode