What would you like to see from Ibanez? - Page 4 - Jemsite
Comments to Ibanez Here is your chance to post your comments to Ibanez. Officially this topic is NOT endorsed, approved or monitored by Ibanez/Hoshino. That said, voice your opinion anyway. Please be courteous.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #46 of 238 (permalink) Old 02-20-2004, 03:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by btweensunandmoon
Now I am approaching thirty and my tastes in guitars are evolving. I no longer look for the solid colors, the sparkle colors, plain old basswood bodies or rosewood fretboards. I want sunburst, and transparent finishes, carved tops, 2 piece bodies, different woods, and just things overall that just speak high quality and a passion for ones art.
Thankfully, I'm not the only one that thinks like that.(although I'm creeping up on 32 ) I was starting to think that there was something wrong with myself. I remember the day when I thought the UVMC was the "be all, end all" of guitars.

Anyway, I'd like to see something just like the UVPBK only with a nice trans-black top over some sweet maple(headstock too) and an XL scale length. They can lose the pyramid inlay on the body though.

Oh yeah, more pick-up options too. I'm not a big DiMarzio fan.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #47 of 238 (permalink) Old 02-26-2004, 12:02 AM Thread Starter

I would like to thank everyone for the input and opinions. I really do appreciate them all. I have made copies of all post and I am putting together in a binder form to give to everyone in Germany to discuss these important matters.

I agree that they need more colors, I also agree they need to bring back the locking studs. It isn;t fair that us endorsees can get them on their guitars with the new trems. The only thing I don't see happening is a public custom shop. But I will present all post at this meeting and once I get back in early april, I will put a post up letting you all know the out come. THank you again and have a wonderful evening!!!!!

YBFAM

A
post #48 of 238 (permalink) Old 02-28-2004, 03:53 AM

More options in the mid to high end RG series would be cool. I'm a big fan of the 3120.
I still can't believe they did away with that axe. it's one of my favorites.
Heck, I wish I could get it in some different finishes, and a Hardtail version would be cool aswell. Ibanez should really try hard to offer guitars
in more than one or 2 colors per model.

A semi custom shop would be sweet. Ordering a high end RG with several choices of wood construction, Lots of finishes- even pickup choices, bridge choices and optional piezo would be way cool. Someone mentioned like Anderson.....that would be cool. Hell, I'd already own an Anderson if I could get a 24 fret neck and AANJ.
post #49 of 238 (permalink) Old 02-28-2004, 04:01 AM

Ibanez should make a deal with Dimarzio where you get an RG without pickups, and a voucher for the Dimarzio pickups of your choice to be installed at the point of sale *LOL* Just kidding, that's probably not viable.
post #50 of 238 (permalink) Old 03-11-2004, 02:14 PM

I would like to see more left-handed guitars, as well as a sparkle-green JS.
post #51 of 238 (permalink) Old 03-11-2004, 02:41 PM

I would like to see a PGM300 Maple neck with LNG (Loch Ness green) body
post #52 of 238 (permalink) Old 03-23-2004, 01:23 PM

Higher output stock pickups on budget guitar. ie. rg320.
post #53 of 238 (permalink) Old 03-28-2004, 08:23 AM

i would like to see a couple things first the jem 7vwh, i think that it is just too expensive for what it is, now given its totally gorgious and steve vai's name is attached to it since its a jem, but $1200 for a bolt-on neck guitar? come on man i got my custom shop jackson for 1000(that was with some connections though...ill shut up about that though)

next a baritone with a floyd rose-pref. an edge

finally i agree with a production 8 string!

and access to the custom shop to the public!
post #54 of 238 (permalink) Old 04-01-2004, 02:36 PM
Suspension: Multiple Users

If they are only going to make one change as the one that "the people want" my vote is for the (original studs)
post #55 of 238 (permalink) Old 04-02-2004, 04:02 AM

I need a control cavity cover for my brandy-new 77FP so I don't wear off Mr. Vai's signature.
post #56 of 238 (permalink) Old 04-02-2004, 05:33 AM

lo Andy, Firstly just like to say i've listened to a few bits and pieces and your a great player, Keep up the good work

I'm a simple guy, And i'd really like to see more natural wood in the line up, Quilted and Flamed tops etc, J-Customs available to all :-)

I'm not sure about the Custom Shop being available to the Public idea, But definately more colour/finishing options available ... BRING BACK LOCKING STUDS ;-)

And a Maple fretboard 7 string would be nice as well, 27 scale if it's a possibility

More over, i'll echo most people, and just get the QC issues sorted to the level we all know Ibanez are capable of

Take it easy and have a great day

Rob
post #57 of 238 (permalink) Old 04-03-2004, 02:15 PM

Hey Andy where you at the Musikmesse in Frankfurt then? I was at the Ibanez booth on friday.

Regards

André

post #58 of 238 (permalink) Old 04-04-2004, 02:55 PM

Heres a list of what would make me buy more NEW Ibanez guitars:
-Non-low profile Edge. I am sure that way it would feel more like the old edge and would keep a lot of us who are complaining about the new trems happy along with better tuning stability.

-A choice of tremolo/bridge on any non-artist guitar. I mean I would love a RG3120 with a fixed bridge. OR a RG1520 with a ZR trem. I think it should be as much of an option as the colour, then it would keep all use Nez fans happy!!

-Radii (notice in plural ) We need the whole line back at many price points. Ibanez may think we want cheaper JS' but if they stick with the normal S/RG series necks this will be stopped.

-Thicker necks/more options on neck size. If I play my super wizard for more too long my hands ache. Some of us big handed people need thicker and Ibanez are keeping themselves boxed in a corner if they only cater for those with thin necked tastes.

-Different pickup arrangements such as 1 hum, SSH, HH (both near the bridge), SSS e.t.c.

-Fretboards. At present in the UK only one model in the WHOLE current line has a maple fretboard. Although the PGM is coming out that is only 2!! out of about 65!!! Also the amount of Ebony boards is getting lower too

The overall comment I think Ibanez should hear is VARIETY!! It won't only please the buying/general public it will sure as hell help out Ibanez, think about it. There are loads of Jackson fans who could be swayed over into Ibanez country if there are SSH options and many colours. Also this will make millions fall in love with Ibanez again, knowing that there beat up falling apart radius can stay in that condition because new ones are availible.

post #59 of 238 (permalink) Old 04-06-2004, 09:24 PM

Would like to see an RG model with a birdseye maple fretboard. Never seen an RG with that.
post #60 of 238 (permalink) Old 04-15-2004, 09:53 PM

PLEASE re-release the "Backstop"
there are so many of us who could use them.

Tags
alder bodied , alder body , allen wrench , allen wrenches , andy martin , basswood bodies , basswood body , birdseye maple neck , block inlays , body shape , candy apple red , cavity cover , chrome hardware , coil tap , coil tapping , custom guitar , custom guitars , custom shop , darren wilson , dave weiner , david mccarroll , dimarzio pickup , dimarzio pickups , direct mounted pickups , dot inlay , dot inlays , duncan pickups , ebony board , ebony boards , ebony fingerboard , ebony fretboard , ebony fretboards , edge trem , edge tremolo system , edge trems , epiphone les paul , equipped guitar , fixed bridge , fixed bridge guitar , fixed bridge guitars , fixed bridge model , flame maple , flamed maple , floating bridges , floating trems , floyd rose , floyd trem , fret board , fret neck , fret necks , guitar mag , guitar playing , guitar tech , hardtail bridge , hoshino gakki , ibanez custom shop , ibanez dealer , ibanez guitars , ibanez trem , input jacks , intonation tool , jason becker , joe satriani , john petrucci , kahler trem , les paul , les pauls , loch ness green , lock nut , locking stud , locking studs , locking trems , mahogany body , maple fingerboard , maple fingerboards , maple fret , maple fret board , maple fretboard , maple neck , matic bridge , mounted pickups , music store , neck binding , neck thru , pickup combination , pickup selection , powersound pickups , pro edge , pro edge trem , pro edge tremolo , pro edge trems , production model , pyramid inlay , quilted maple , reverse headstock , reverse headstocks , reversed headstock , rosewood board , rosewood fretboard , rosewood fretboards , sam ash , seymour duncan , seymour duncan pickups , shark tooth inlays , sharkfin inlays , sharktooth inlay , sharktooth inlays , signature guitar , steve vai , thicker necks , trem arm , trem arms , tremolo arm , tremolo system , truss rod , usa custom shop , wilkinson trem

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode