What would you like to see from Ibanez? - Page 5 - Jemsite
Comments to Ibanez Here is your chance to post your comments to Ibanez. Officially this topic is NOT endorsed, approved or monitored by Ibanez/Hoshino. That said, voice your opinion anyway. Please be courteous.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #61 of 238 (permalink) Old 04-16-2004, 10:19 AM

Andy, I'm assuming your meetign with the VP came and went... How'd it go?

-D
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 238 (permalink) Old 04-16-2004, 10:56 AM

SA neck (really don't like the wizard necks), with bigger frets on a Series guitar with a Lo-pro trem (or ZR!)

mike
post #63 of 238 (permalink) Old 04-16-2004, 06:07 PM

Re: What would you like to see from Ibanez?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Andy Martin
Hey all you slingers!!

I want to ask all of you players, what would you like to see from Ibanez / Hoshino Gakki?
LOCKING STUDS
with matching inserts, so you won't lock into wood. Back as it was, darnit.

Parts (necks, bodies) would be awesome too, but I can guess the answer already.

Perhaps Ibanez can do something about the hidious european prices? That would be nice..
post #64 of 238 (permalink) Old 05-12-2004, 05:30 PM

RG's with hardtails or string-thru's.

A solidbody electric LP style guitar with a slimmer body and the SCA neck.

More one piece necks!!
post #65 of 238 (permalink) Old 05-23-2004, 12:03 AM

I'd like to re-state my previous post:

XL-scale 7-strings in a variety of styles (S, RG, SZ, etc., even if you only pick 2) and options (floating trem, hardtail, finishes, woods, inlays, etc). And offer everything from a cheap, but good quality model (think flat finish, V7-7 and V8-7 pickups, hardtail, dot inlays) to a high-end model (nice trans/burst finish, great woods, DiMarzio pickups, etc.).
post #66 of 238 (permalink) Old 06-04-2004, 03:44 PM

Reviews: 2
re

Lets see... The complaints I hear are..Ibanez feels cheap like a toy ..The basswood body they say is the problem....I think diferent body wood options...More maple boards on "standard" models..Custom shop that doesnt make customers wait a yr for a guitar like Jackson etc...From a marketing point of view Id say to make the set up on lower end entry level guitars better..Make sure the frets are level so the lowest action can be obtained ....Most people have to take there "new" guitar and spend an extra 50 to 100 bucks to make it play right..Other pickup options besides Dimarzio...Diferent hardware colors besides gold,chrome,black or cosmo..Try white or blue ...Help out the local guitar store compete with musiciansfriend...Sell a few guitars at the same prices so the local guy can service his customers too..

On the lighter not so serious side..Id like to see Ibanez put JCF out of business to many egomanics in admin there
post #67 of 238 (permalink) Old 06-12-2004, 04:54 PM

Reviews: 6
Make the Prestige SZ guitar available in the US.

And like a previous poster said, more guitars with maple fingerboards.
post #68 of 238 (permalink) Old 06-13-2004, 10:54 PM

An intonation tool is a MUST

Why do I say this?

For the following reasons:

Studio:
While recording the last albums we kept on (as part of the general curse in the whole studio) having massive intonation problems. Guitars that were in, were out the next day. Having to apply the slack string and guess method just adds to the stress, and just makes it a bastard to set up. With an intonation tool this would be a lot lot lot faster

Live:
Last weekend my guitar tech (the poor soul) had to reintonate my entire guitar after i decided to do a manowar and rip the strings out of the bridge (not recomended, but looks good), forgetting that it was a new edge, thus pulling all the saddles out of alignment (the trick used to work quite nicely on the lo pro, but the new edge...if I want to keep the tech I have to stop doing this ), Now, with an intonation tool this process would have been simple quick and a lot less strain.

So an intonation tool is more than a gimmick. You get all the allen wrenches and truss rod adjustors with a guitar, why not an intonation tool? It's be VERY VERY VERY Usefull

other than that, I'd quite like to see some kind of mechanism with which to lock the trem without having to use blocks of wood, gaffa tape and the odd 2pence coin (when desperate)

Something simple that can be turned on and off. And no, the ZR trems is not what I am talking about as they feel absolutely horrible to pl;ay on for me at least...
post #69 of 238 (permalink) Old 06-13-2004, 10:56 PM

Oh, and the bring back the nice locking studs as well, that would be ace. I'd prefer to know that there was no better trem system out there. So bring them back, ibanez trems is what has kept me playing them for years, so don't cheapen it by trying to cut corners.
post #70 of 238 (permalink) Old 06-14-2004, 09:32 PM

birdseye maple neck would rule. More axes with flamed maple neck binding.
post #71 of 238 (permalink) Old 06-20-2004, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7 Dying Trees
An intonation tool is a MUST

other than that, I'd quite like to see some kind of mechanism with which to lock the trem without having to use blocks of wood, gaffa tape and the odd 2pence coin (when desperate)
I Agree about the intonation tool

Ibanez to manufacturer backstops and tremel-no's?
post #72 of 238 (permalink) Old 06-27-2004, 02:13 AM

OK, here it is

OK, I want a RG in flourecent dayglow orange with a maple fingerboard, ZR trem, satin chrome hardware and GOOD pickups. HA HA HAAAAAA. So now I will quit dreaming and only wish for the RG SERIES WITH A ZR TREM. And by the way, why doesn't anyone put the allen wrench holders on the back of the headstock anymore. All these manufacturers are getting awful cheap. A lock nut like jackson used to have in the mid 80's would be nice, the one that you could unlock with a nickle or quarter, much more practical than the rounded off allen keys.

So it is said, and now shall be done.

Now I'm gonna wake up and slap myself.

Have any of these suggestions in this whole thread made it to production ??? NOT

Peace Out,

Badger6
post #73 of 238 (permalink) Old 08-09-2004, 08:18 PM

I would say to me, the single most important thing for the future would be the return of the locking studs, I don't care if Ibanez can make more money by using no locking ones, the quality should come paramount, and for the money spent on the the axes in question the studs should be there.

Also I would consider the option of having a ZR on the more popular RG guitars to be a good thing.

Preferably on a mahogany bodied RG

Anyway, cheers for your time,
Spike
post #74 of 238 (permalink) Old 08-10-2004, 12:27 PM

RG7 w/ a ZR Trem?
post #75 of 238 (permalink) Old 08-10-2004, 03:49 PM
RCB

Wish list:

1) Locking studs
2) Reintroduce the American Master and UCEW series
3) Make (at least a couple of) the J customs available worldwide
4) Release a couple of fixed bridge high end RGT
5) NEW, interesting, signature series
6) New RG3120X with a ZR with piezos
7) MIJ upgraded SZ series or reintroduce the SC620 or 1620

I could go on forever....

Tags
alder bodied , alder body , allen wrench , allen wrenches , andy martin , basswood bodies , basswood body , birdseye maple neck , block inlays , body shape , candy apple red , cavity cover , chrome hardware , coil tap , coil tapping , custom guitar , custom guitars , custom shop , darren wilson , dave weiner , david mccarroll , dimarzio pickup , dimarzio pickups , direct mounted pickups , dot inlay , dot inlays , duncan pickups , ebony board , ebony boards , ebony fingerboard , ebony fretboard , ebony fretboards , edge trem , edge tremolo system , edge trems , epiphone les paul , equipped guitar , fixed bridge , fixed bridge guitar , fixed bridge guitars , fixed bridge model , flame maple , flamed maple , floating bridges , floating trems , floyd rose , floyd trem , fret board , fret neck , fret necks , guitar mag , guitar playing , guitar tech , hardtail bridge , hoshino gakki , ibanez custom shop , ibanez dealer , ibanez guitars , ibanez trem , input jacks , intonation tool , jason becker , joe satriani , john petrucci , kahler trem , les paul , les pauls , loch ness green , lock nut , locking stud , locking studs , locking trems , mahogany body , maple fingerboard , maple fingerboards , maple fret , maple fret board , maple fretboard , maple neck , matic bridge , mounted pickups , music store , neck binding , neck thru , pickup combination , pickup selection , powersound pickups , pro edge , pro edge trem , pro edge tremolo , pro edge trems , production model , pyramid inlay , quilted maple , reverse headstock , reverse headstocks , reversed headstock , rosewood board , rosewood fretboard , rosewood fretboards , sam ash , seymour duncan , seymour duncan pickups , shark tooth inlays , sharkfin inlays , sharktooth inlay , sharktooth inlays , signature guitar , steve vai , thicker necks , trem arm , trem arms , tremolo arm , tremolo system , truss rod , usa custom shop , wilkinson trem

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode