What would you like to see from Ibanez? - Page 7 - Jemsite
Comments to Ibanez Here is your chance to post your comments to Ibanez. Officially this topic is NOT endorsed, approved or monitored by Ibanez/Hoshino. That said, voice your opinion anyway. Please be courteous.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #91 of 238 (permalink) Old 12-01-2004, 01:42 PM

Reviews: 3
How about an affordable guitar with an onboard midi pickup? The BMC guitars are very much a bargain, but they reach a small audience and are still in the $1k+ realm. That's out of reach for most people who would like to use one. I don't see why it couldn't be done in the $700-800 range or maybe slightly less.

Normally I'd think that's an absurd request... but so many bands (even pop bands) are using a lot of synths and sampled drums now. I'm noticing some pretty out there guitar sounds slowly coming in to the mix. I think that a usable midi guitar could have a place in the future. Of course, I could just be crazy, which is often true.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 238 (permalink) Old 12-01-2004, 02:14 PM

More maple boards! I love the stuff yet there are only one or 2 models with it on... A maple board 7 would be nice too
post #93 of 238 (permalink) Old 01-09-2005, 09:04 PM

Smile Re: What would you like to see from Ibanez?

Hi Andy, love your music/guitar playing by the way!

I would love to see a fixed bridge model of the RG Arch-1, string through body, TonePros tune-o-matic bridge, mahog body, ebony fretboard but not with the gold binding(so to keep costs down). Colours in Black, Candy Apple Red with matching headstock and with white binding around the fingerboard and headstock as well. Also no inlays and Dimarzio pickups.

This will probably never happen but you never know dreams may come true!

Thanks Andy, take care and I hope to see you play some day(come to Australia, you would love it here!)

Warm regards
Sean
post #94 of 238 (permalink) Old 02-11-2005, 12:10 PM

Re: What would you like to see from Ibanez?

I'm with Darren bring back the Radius line!! You have the RG line which is basically support the Jem/PGM lines why not have the Radius??

If we want a brand new Radius type guitar were stuck with JS models, and there all based off what Joe Satriani wants not the public! I know for a fact there are alot of people here who would jump all over the chance to have a brand spankin new Radius myself included!!

Thank you.
post #95 of 238 (permalink) Old 02-11-2005, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott 74
I'm with Darren bring back the Radius line!! You have the RG line which is basically support the Jem/PGM lines why not have the Radius??

If we want a brand new Radius type guitar were stuck with JS models, and there all based off what Joe Satriani wants not the public! I know for a fact there are alot of people here who would jump all over the chance to have a brand spankin new Radius myself included!!

Thank you.
Great idea!!! Maybe then they will finally make a lefty version.

Regards

André

post #96 of 238 (permalink) Old 02-11-2005, 11:06 PM

Quote:
Ditto. I'm a small guy and the RG / Jem body is a little bulkier than I'd like. If there was a Radius with 24 frets, AANJ, and direct mounted pickups, I'd buy it in a second. In fact, I'd get two. One with tremolo and one with a fixed bridge.
post #97 of 238 (permalink) Old 02-11-2005, 11:27 PM

Birdseye necks/fretboards.

More DiMarzio's stock.

A non-locking trem on RG's, especially 7's.

Return of the JPM style control layout.
post #98 of 238 (permalink) Old 02-12-2005, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nocluejimbo
Birdseye necks/fretboards.
DITTO!!!

Regards

André

post #99 of 238 (permalink) Old 02-13-2005, 06:47 AM

Yes a Radius with a hardtail bridge would be awesome!! Oh and can I get that in blue sparkle!!!
post #100 of 238 (permalink) Old 02-16-2005, 04:10 AM

Mr Martin bonjour!

I would like to see modern electonics like TBX tone knobs or active electronics (which of course would mean Ibanez using EMG pickups!) and of course why can't they follow Jackson and put the legendary sustainer on the JEM's or maybe a new RG5xx range?

Better range of colours, gray, black and blue don't ring my bell and certainly don't smell of originality. Lets have greens and pearls, and purple sunbursts currently buying an Ibanez is like buying a BMW they all look the same!

The original Wizard neck on more models please! Can we PLEASE go back to having the TOL inlay ONLY on the JEM's?

Optional HSH or SSH pickup combinations, more ebony fingerboards, more QUALITY custom guitars that look and feel NOTICEABLY different from the stock models, more outlandish paint jobs like on the US series.

Optional push in or screw thread trem arms, coil taps and the ability to set the intonation on the trem without having to strip the guitar of strings first, I mean heck guys Kahler managed it!
post #101 of 238 (permalink) Old 02-16-2005, 04:25 AM

I would actually like to see maybe some more radical shapes. Not just the same old RG, S, Jem, JS body shapes again and again. Something maybe a bit more pointy and radical would be cool. Maybe a spin-off or something similar of an ML shape? I dunno, but something a little different.
post #102 of 238 (permalink) Old 02-16-2005, 11:05 AM

We got the RVX this year how about that Gary!
post #103 of 238 (permalink) Old 02-16-2005, 11:53 AM

Quote:
We got the RVX this year how about that Gary!
Yeah I quite liked the look of that in a funny way, even though I though I wouldnt at first! I wasnt expecting them to release something like that at all either.
post #104 of 238 (permalink) Old 02-16-2005, 01:47 PM

UVMC 15th (or 16th) anniversary!!!
post #105 of 238 (permalink) Old 02-16-2005, 02:29 PM

GREEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!

im tired of blue/black/red

Tags
alder bodied , alder body , allen wrench , allen wrenches , andy martin , basswood bodies , basswood body , birdseye maple neck , block inlays , body shape , candy apple red , cavity cover , chrome hardware , coil tap , coil tapping , custom guitar , custom guitars , custom shop , darren wilson , dave weiner , david mccarroll , dimarzio pickup , dimarzio pickups , direct mounted pickups , dot inlay , dot inlays , duncan pickups , ebony board , ebony boards , ebony fingerboard , ebony fretboard , ebony fretboards , edge trem , edge tremolo system , edge trems , epiphone les paul , equipped guitar , fixed bridge , fixed bridge guitar , fixed bridge guitars , fixed bridge model , flame maple , flamed maple , floating bridges , floating trems , floyd rose , floyd trem , fret board , fret neck , fret necks , guitar mag , guitar playing , guitar tech , hardtail bridge , hoshino gakki , ibanez custom shop , ibanez dealer , ibanez guitars , ibanez trem , input jacks , intonation tool , jason becker , joe satriani , john petrucci , kahler trem , les paul , les pauls , loch ness green , lock nut , locking stud , locking studs , locking trems , mahogany body , maple fingerboard , maple fingerboards , maple fret , maple fret board , maple fretboard , maple neck , matic bridge , mounted pickups , music store , neck binding , neck thru , pickup combination , pickup selection , powersound pickups , pro edge , pro edge trem , pro edge tremolo , pro edge trems , production model , pyramid inlay , quilted maple , reverse headstock , reverse headstocks , reversed headstock , rosewood board , rosewood fretboard , rosewood fretboards , sam ash , seymour duncan , seymour duncan pickups , shark tooth inlays , sharkfin inlays , sharktooth inlay , sharktooth inlays , signature guitar , steve vai , thicker necks , trem arm , trem arms , tremolo arm , tremolo system , truss rod , usa custom shop , wilkinson trem

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode