What would you like to see from Ibanez? - Jemsite
Comments to Ibanez Here is your chance to post your comments to Ibanez. Officially this topic is NOT endorsed, approved or monitored by Ibanez/Hoshino. That said, voice your opinion anyway. Please be courteous.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 238 (permalink) Old 02-16-2004, 12:11 AM Thread Starter

What would you like to see from Ibanez?

Hey all you slingers!!

I want to ask all of you players, what would you like to see from Ibanez / Hoshino Gakki? A certain guitar? A pedal? Amp? Tell me your thoughts, if you chose..........If not, go play a few thousand notes for me. Thanks in advance and have a wonderful day!

YBFAM

Andy
www.andymartinmusic.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 238 (permalink) Old 02-16-2004, 02:57 AM

ZR trem in the RG series.

Transparent coloured finishes.

Solidbody Les Paul-style guitars in the SZ range.

The option of fatter necks on RGs.

Budget Korean seven strings with Edge Pro II.

Talman body shape with Jet King appointments.
post #3 of 238 (permalink) Old 02-16-2004, 07:18 AM

More Australian endorsees.

More transparent finishes in the RG series.

More upper end S Series like the ones available on the wall of any Japanese music store.
post #4 of 238 (permalink) Old 02-16-2004, 07:43 AM

Some of the signature models as lefthanded (no Jem Jr. ). To be more specific a lefty JS1000 or JS1200 would be grand!

Kind Regards

André

PS. Andy on what day at the Musikmesse in Frankfurt will you be playing?

post #5 of 238 (permalink) Old 02-16-2004, 07:49 AM

fancy inlays and more ebony!
post #6 of 238 (permalink) Old 02-16-2004, 07:51 AM

RG-7621XL
post #7 of 238 (permalink) Old 02-16-2004, 08:47 AM

A real custom shop.
post #8 of 238 (permalink) Old 02-16-2004, 09:48 AM

Bring back in it's original state the SDR1000 Plus!
Better Variety of RG's H/S/H with some coil tapping or optional sustainer.
Neon colors
~A
post #9 of 238 (permalink) Old 02-16-2004, 10:01 AM

Bring back the Radius line, and throw a 7-string in there. More hardtails, more oiled mahogany or walnut bodies.
post #10 of 238 (permalink) Old 02-16-2004, 10:04 AM

bring back the old trems.......ok i know its never gona happen but i can dream.

radius guitars back on the market is what i would like to see, and was said above more oilded mahogany bodys and some more interesting wood choices.
i would love to see a radius body guitar in natual mahog witha jem7v style neck profile

and i would like to see there suposidly presige guitars at a higher quality level its about time that they either lower prices or up there quality levels.
post #11 of 238 (permalink) Old 02-16-2004, 10:31 AM

I'll second Darren Wilson and bpd111.

Ibanez makes some cool guitars, so a custom shop for the general public should exist.

More 7 strings, hardtails, natural finishes, exotic woods, etc. I'd love more than anything to have a RG2027 style guitar with a fixed bridge instead of a *** floyd.

Of yeah, an 8 string or two would be most rightous.
post #12 of 238 (permalink) Old 02-16-2004, 11:06 AM
dex

Realisticly what I would like to see from Ibanez is the ability to order any model available in Japan through my local Ibanez dealer.
Even if it takes 3 months to get it.

If I could order a maple fingerboard j-custom like the RG8570M over here, Ibanez would have sold one more guitar last year.

ilia
post #13 of 238 (permalink) Old 02-16-2004, 11:19 AM

There's already an entire area of the Forum devoted to this very topic
post #14 of 238 (permalink) Old 02-16-2004, 01:21 PM
Vendor

Personally I'd like to see them concentrate on improving what they're currently producing. My personal wish list would be,

Locking studs on everything MIJ.
Nut routs deep enough to allow optimal height without modification.
Smoother fret end finishing and polishing on Prestige's.
Perfectly aligned stud placement on neck thru's.

It's the simple things I get excited about
post #15 of 238 (permalink) Old 02-16-2004, 02:18 PM
Super Moderator

Reviews: 1
I have two opinons on this one so I'll list both.

The first is in line with Rich's ideas. I'd like Ibanez to iron out the glitches with the current regime. To me, this means the return of the locking studs.

Quite simply, Ibanez's non-endorser based reputation, in the UK at least, is founded on the fact that the Edge and Lo-Pro edge tremolo systems are the most reliable ones around. Since the locking studs have been omitted from even the top of the line guitars, the tuning stability has suffered.

As a direct result of this Ibanez have cracked the very foundation of their reputation amoungst a group of semi-professional players, who are more swayed by the supreme functionality of the instrument rather than the endorser list.

I believe a wise man once said "we are THE locking trem company". I'd now argue that Ibanez no longer stands above its peers, and that the playing field is now considerably more level.

I'd ask Ibanez to rectify this, before previously loyal customers look elsewhere.

The second angle I'd like to emphasise is as with many other folks' I'd like to see either a larger, globally available catalogue, or a Jackson USA select / Tom Anderson style semi-custom shop open. I'd envisage players being able to place orders for any of the main body shapes, RG, S, SZ etc guitars, with a choice of neck profiles, Ultra, Wizard, Viper, in a variety of woods and equally importantly finishes.

This would be a pipedream however and I doubt that it would be economically viable as past experience proves.

I'd also say get the signature models in line with the artists models. JEM7VWH with a rosewood board these days, JS1200 with an original Edge trem, K7 graphics etc. etc.

Tags
alder bodied , alder body , allen wrench , allen wrenches , andy martin , basswood bodies , basswood body , birdseye maple neck , block inlays , body shape , candy apple red , cavity cover , chrome hardware , coil tap , coil tapping , custom guitar , custom guitars , custom shop , darren wilson , dave weiner , david mccarroll , dimarzio pickup , dimarzio pickups , direct mounted pickups , dot inlay , dot inlays , duncan pickups , ebony board , ebony boards , ebony fingerboard , ebony fretboard , ebony fretboards , edge trem , edge tremolo system , edge trems , epiphone les paul , equipped guitar , fixed bridge , fixed bridge guitar , fixed bridge guitars , fixed bridge model , flame maple , flamed maple , floating bridges , floating trems , floyd rose , floyd trem , fret board , fret neck , fret necks , guitar mag , guitar playing , guitar tech , hardtail bridge , hoshino gakki , ibanez custom shop , ibanez dealer , ibanez guitars , ibanez trem , input jacks , intonation tool , jason becker , joe satriani , john petrucci , kahler trem , les paul , les pauls , loch ness green , lock nut , locking stud , locking studs , locking trems , mahogany body , maple fingerboard , maple fingerboards , maple fret , maple fret board , maple fretboard , maple neck , matic bridge , mounted pickups , music store , neck binding , neck thru , pickup combination , pickup selection , powersound pickups , pro edge , pro edge trem , pro edge tremolo , pro edge trems , production model , pyramid inlay , quilted maple , reverse headstock , reverse headstocks , reversed headstock , rosewood board , rosewood fretboard , rosewood fretboards , sam ash , seymour duncan , seymour duncan pickups , shark tooth inlays , sharkfin inlays , sharktooth inlay , sharktooth inlays , signature guitar , steve vai , thicker necks , trem arm , trem arms , tremolo arm , tremolo system , truss rod , usa custom shop , wilkinson trem

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode