AT @Anderton's - Jemsite
Players & Bands, Music & Sounds, Tours & Jams, Lessons & Theory! Covers everything from discussing musicians, bands, music, albums, videos, local jams & sharing multimedia links (no illegal file sharing please).

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-13-2014, 08:48 PM Thread Starter

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-13-2014, 08:56 PM

Reviews: 2
Re: AT @Anderton's

I watched that a few days ago. Andy is such a fantastic guitarist. I could listen to him play like that for days. I wish he toured more. I would love to see him live. Maybe I'll just have to go to Texas to see him at the wine bar he always plays at.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-14-2014, 08:40 AM

He tours from time to time, I wish he'd come back to Japan when I can actually go see him. I would LOVE to meet Andy and talk his ear off
post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-14-2014, 09:10 AM Thread Starter

I could listen to a guy like him geek out on guitar stuff for hours. Its all so interesting!
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-14-2014, 09:27 AM

Me too man, me too.

This may be sacrilegious to say but I like AT more than Steve Vai and Satch. I can listen to him for hours at a time, but I can't say the same for Satch or Steve. Something about AT is just so awesome.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-14-2014, 09:31 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatiasTolkki View Post
Me too man, me too.

This may be sacrilegious to say but I like AT more than Steve Vai and Satch. I can listen to him for hours at a time, but I can't say the same for Satch or Steve. Something about AT is just so awesome.
I would agree. I feel the same about Paul Gilbert, could listen to him all day
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-14-2014, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GUITARMAGEDDON View Post
I would agree. I feel the same about Paul Gilbert, could listen to him all day
Speaking of PG, I'm going to Mr Big on the 17th Can't wait, it's gonna be so awesome
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-14-2014, 09:44 AM Thread Starter

oh man, sweet! I'm a student of his on the Artistworks site and when he is on the road, he still does his student lessons from the hotel room with his travel guitar : ) Plus, we get updates from the road about whats going on with him with pic and stuff. Cool guy!
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-14-2014, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Cool video... and he seems like a great guy. Interesting style too. I've never really listened to any of his stuff (aside from "hiroshima pray for peace" thx to MatiasTolkki) , but after watching him play I may have to give him a listen. Not sure why he flew under my radar all these years. Any recommendations?
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-14-2014, 12:32 PM

I have some of his music and think he's a fantastic player. I've never even come close to seeing him live. I'd love to, wish the guy would tour.

Play it, and they will come.
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-14-2014, 02:54 PM

Reviews: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireEagle View Post
Cool video... and he seems like a great guy. Interesting style too. I've never really listened to any of his stuff (aside from "hiroshima pray for peace" thx to MatiasTolkki) , but after watching him play I may have to give him a listen. Not sure why he flew under my radar all these years. Any recommendations?
Buy his Resolution album. In my opinion, it's what an instrumental guitar album should be. Here's a video of him playing the entire album live.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=doXgv1KbFd0
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-14-2014, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireEagle View Post
Ear x-tasy, his first album is awesome. I have resolution also, love that one too.
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-14-2014, 05:16 PM

Quote:
oh man, sweet! I'm a student of his on the Artistworks site and when he is on the road, he still does his student lessons from the hotel room with his travel guitar : ) Plus, we get updates from the road about whats going on with him with pic and stuff. Cool guy!
Sweet. Does he actually watch your progress and things? I wouldn't mind joining his site to be one of his students but the personalized lesson thing I've been really wondering about.

Tags
anderton's , andy timmons

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode