867-5309 - Jemsite
Players & Bands, Music & Sounds, Tours & Jams, Lessons & Theory! Covers everything from discussing musicians, bands, music, albums, videos, local jams & sharing multimedia links (no illegal file sharing please).

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-09-2003, 03:21 PM Thread Starter

867-5309

Anyone remember this song? I just heard it again today and it reminded me of last summer.

I was in Minnesota for a few months. Well the first month I was there, the hotel I was staying at had a problem with the long distance tracking so all long distance was free.

I spent hours of keeping from getting bored playing songs on the telephone and seeing who I reached (I know, completely juvenille and stupid) but then I remembered the song 867-5309 Jenny and started dialing area codes followed by that number. I never got any Jenny's, but I did get quite a few, "hahaha, yeah, I never heard that one before *click"

How many people do you think wish that song never existed?
hehehe
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-09-2003, 03:25 PM

Reviews: 1
Probably everyone with that # in every area code.
Tommy Tutone...
Used to LOVE that song.

Bamm
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-09-2003, 03:40 PM
x2n

hey

Hello,
So how did you like Minnesota?
post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-10-2003, 02:50 AM Thread Starter

Re: hey

Quote:
Originally Posted by x2n
Hello,
So how did you like Minnesota?

I absolutely love it man, I spent like 5 months there last year, gonna be there for a week at the end of this month, it's the greatest state I've ever been to
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-10-2003, 08:31 AM

I can remember that song ALL TOO WELL. I liked it but it didn't long and I had 867-5309 stuck in permanent rotation between my ears. Here it comes -- 867-5309, 867-5309, 867-5309. I can barely remember my phone number growing up, but I can remember Jenny's.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-10-2003, 01:50 PM
x2n

great

Hey,
My thoughts exactly Greenman....So where exactly in Minnesota do you go? I live in Minneapolis...
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-10-2003, 06:28 PM Thread Starter

Well, last year I stayed in Owatonna (about an hour south of Minneapolis) for 3 months. Other times I stay down in Wells (if you were to draw intersecting lines from Waseca and Mankato heading south you'd find wells, it's about 30 minutes north of the iowa border.
I think one of my favorite towns was Northfield, although Red Wing is beautiful and I really like Burnsville.

Have you ever eaten at Buca di Beppo's in Burnsville? if not, and if you like Italian go there, it's amazing. Never stopped anywhere further north than the minneapolis Guitar Center though, spent most of my time in southern Minnesota.
I can't wait to get back there man, I just love it there!
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-12-2003, 03:57 PM
x2n

thats great

Hey,
Thats really cool man I am glad you like it here. Yeah I have heard of di Beppos but I never tried it, sounds good, I LOVE Italian...Yeah man all Minnesota is beautiful like that and if you ever get a chance try to visit north and northwestern Mn I think you will enjoy it..I like to go to Lake superior and lake Millelacs. You gotta check out lake superior on a sunny day, it is an awsome site to see and if you ever go there you will be able to check out gooseberry falls which is another very cool place to see..well if you ever want to know of more cool places to go just let me know.Peace
Max
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-12-2003, 07:47 PM

Hey, I'm originally from Minnesota and I'm probably going to move back there in about a year.

The cities have come a long way in the last few years. Minneapolis is actually a pretty cool city now. Parts of St. Paul are still a little sketchy, but it also has some beautiful areas. Up north, in the Duluth area, is great for weekend getaways in the summer. Other parts up north can be a little too rural for my taste, such as the iron range.

I've been to Buca before. It is a great place, but it's actually a chain. There are Buca's in probably 80% of US states. I think there are two in Minnesota, one in Burnsville and one in Minneapolis, near the target center.

For Italian, I actually perfer Maggio's. It's another chain. I think the only one in Minnesota is in Edina. AMAZING food. If you get a group of friends together and go order family style you will stuff your face with their unlimited portions and massive number of selections. Good stuff.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-13-2003, 04:11 PM
x2n

mmm

Hey,
Yup Minneapolis has really cleaned up over the years. I used to live on Nicollet Island and it was full of trash and old abandon factories. Now thats all gone and its really hopping there business wise. I really like riverplace too. Oh yeah Duluth is definetely just a weekend getaway but anything more than that it can get very depressing up there in the woods, not to mention freezing cold ...Yup Minnesota is pretty cool.....

P.S. Hey Dave when you moved did people notice your Mn accent?
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-14-2003, 03:06 AM

I don't have a very strong accent. Of course I moved to Boston, where 3/4 of the population doesn't pronounce their Rs, so to most people that hear the way I talk, it sounds absolutely ridiculous. That said, no one has ever said "hey you're from Minnesota" just by hearing me talk, but after I was away from Minnesota for about 2 years and I would go back and visit I could definitely hear it in my friends and family's voices where I didn't notice it before.

I'm probably going to move into the burnsville area next christmas (2004). I'm really looking forward to it. Boston is cool, but it's no Minneapolis
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-15-2003, 04:45 PM
x2n

haha

Hello,
Good choice Dave!! Sometimes I say I wanna move but then I think about it and I don't think I will ever move out of state..I hear some states are cheaper to live in but I don't care about that...
By the way, have you ever checked out northwestern Mn Dave? Like the Detroit Lakes area? Thats a nice area too.... Its alot like southern Mn..
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-16-2003, 06:11 PM

You know, it's a touch off topic, but Less Than Jake does a great cover of that on their debut, "Losers, Kings, and Things We Don't Understand." I realize I'm one of the few here into ska or punk, and their rendition is raw as hell, but i like theirs more than the original (and it helps put later songs of theirs like "Johnny Quest" and "Jen Doesn't Like Me Anymore" into perspective, lol)

-D

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode