Ibanez JEM Forum banner

In accordance with new laws...

3K views 20 replies 14 participants last post by  Petie 
#1 ·
In accordance with the new law that every guitarist must have a lo-rez (preferably camera-phone) video of them shredding on YouTube, here's a lo-rez camera phone video of me shredding on YouTube.

#3 ·
Thanks! Here's what I was using:

Ibanez RG550 with Seymour Duncan Parallel Axis Trembucker
Digitech Bad Monkey overdrive
Crate GT200H head + 4X12 cab

No wah, it's all phrasing techniques. It's just something I've always had a flair for - faking wah sounds by varying pick attack and throwing in little slides. If you play a pinch harmonic then very quickly slide to another note, it adds this little treble shift. I did it during a recording session once and the producer wanted to know why he could hear wah but not see a pedal. :lol:

#6 ·
Good stuff Petie. Why is it that Aussie guitarists are always good!? There's some great talent over there. Garsed and Gambale being the obvious ones, then the sickest drummer in the world is also an Australian, Virgil Donati. Not forgetting Grant Collins.

#16 ·
we never have anything like NAMM.

Back in the late 80's we used to have guitar expos, they were fun, what ever happened to them ???
same here, man...saw Paul Gilbert and Blues Saraceno doing clinics, getting autographs form Jim Marshall, sneaking in line to get to play a PRS Dragon, whatever happened to those conventions?

sorry to go OT, anyways Petie, you've got a good right hand, a shame to waste it on a poor quality youtube vid ;)

#18 ·
Hehe, thanks for the comment on the YouTube page, Darin. And Eviltwin, thanks! I never ever practiced right hand stuff - I was always into Satch legato - then one day I just held the pick differently and my right hand caught up with my left. Anyway, there will be better quality videos eventually. At the moment I have a Gibson Robot Guitar to review and I might do a video with that. I can't wait for them to make an extra-cheap version cos I love messing around with open tunings but usually do it on acoustic since most of my guitars have Floyds.

Ah, guitar expos. I went to one when I was 16, got to hang out at a pub with Jeff "Skunk" Baxter afterwards at a Roland function. Good times!

There's still AMAC in Brisbane every year, the Australian equivalent of NAMM, but it's at a really odd time of year (I think it's around November or something) and it's only open to the industry. Hopefully I'll go this year now that I'm writing for Australian Guitar.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.