AHAHAH Michael Angelo Batio - Jemsite
Players & Bands, Music & Sounds, Tours & Jams, Lessons & Theory! Covers everything from discussing musicians, bands, music, albums, videos, local jams & sharing multimedia links (no illegal file sharing please).

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 41 (permalink) Old 02-19-2008, 09:56 PM Thread Starter

AHAHAH Michael Angelo Batio

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56uQoC8J2L4

That video is hilarious My friend sent it to me because Batio is coming to my local guitar shop on the 28th and my friend is bringing me along. I hope I don't start laughing while Batio tries to be serious
does anyone here like him? I haven't really listened to his stuff because his double guitar thing seems like too much of a gimmick, idk hah
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 41 (permalink) Old 02-19-2008, 10:18 PM

Re: AHAHAH Michael Angelo Batio

Quote:
Originally Posted by newbieguitarmaker View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56uQoC8J2L4

That video is hilarious My friend sent it to me because Batio is coming to my local guitar shop on the 28th and my friend is bringing me along. I hope I don't start laughing while Batio tries to be serious
does anyone here like him? I haven't really listened to his stuff because his double guitar thing seems like too much of a gimmick, idk hah
Oh, good ole MAB. If there's a better example of pointless shred, I don't know it. The sad thing is his songs do some times have awesome melodic themes (middle part of Speed Kills, etc) but the rest of it just happens to be the fastest playing humanly possible without sounding like a computer error message on repeat.
post #3 of 41 (permalink) Old 02-19-2008, 10:21 PM Thread Starter

yeah he is definitely pointless shred
post #4 of 41 (permalink) Old 02-19-2008, 10:35 PM

am i the only person on earth that thinks that MAB's technique is terrible? every time i hear/see him play super fast stuff, he's picking at least 2x as many notes as he's fingering. i mean, i know that lots of people dislike the guy's music and lots of people love it, but it usually seems that even the people that hate his playing applaud his ability to play that way.
post #5 of 41 (permalink) Old 02-19-2008, 11:49 PM

Reviews: 12
Red face Re: AHAHAH Michael Angelo Batio

My thought is he is very akin to Yngwie in that he is very fast, full of crappy psycho babble, an out of his mind whacko, in love with himself, a terrible songwriter, but goddamn if he doesn't just pull it off.

His over the fretboard is really very good...I am not a fan but have heard enough to put my 2 cents in
post #6 of 41 (permalink) Old 02-19-2008, 11:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by markyperfection View Post
am i the only person on earth that thinks that MAB's technique is terrible? every time i hear/see him play super fast stuff, he's picking at least 2x as many notes as he's fingering. i mean, i know that lots of people dislike the guy's music and lots of people love it, but it usually seems that even the people that hate his playing applaud his ability to play that way.
I dont know man, I could never listen for long enough to decide that.
post #7 of 41 (permalink) Old 02-19-2008, 11:55 PM

Reviews: 1

I've met him on more than one occasion, I don't think he's in love with himself.
He's always been pretty down to earth and easy going.
I have a couple of his albums, but they don't get heavy rotation in the 'ole iPod... He actually is a pretty amazing player, but I can definitely see the other side of the coin on this. It's fun to watch though.
post #8 of 41 (permalink) Old 02-20-2008, 12:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by markyperfection View Post
Yes, you are the only one. You are completely deaf as well. Though his music doesn't appeal to everyone, he's definitely a master at what he does. He has, as Troy Grady said one of the most mechanically efficient alternate picking techniques ever. He is among the most accurate shredders ever.
post #9 of 41 (permalink) Old 02-20-2008, 01:25 AM

I saw MAB live last year and he's amazing, but that shred is too 'old school'!
I'd love to see MAB grow up a litle, playing some Greg Howe or Allan Woldsworth tunes using the 4 neck DEAN guitar.
No shred, just fusion jazzy confusion...
post #10 of 41 (permalink) Old 02-20-2008, 01:30 AM

wow, another "lets rag on MAB" thread..

post #11 of 41 (permalink) Old 02-20-2008, 01:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefty Robb View Post
wow, another "lets rag on MAB" thread..

Let's talk about Malmsteen.
post #12 of 41 (permalink) Old 02-20-2008, 01:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brosa View Post
Let's talk about Malmsteen.
How about another EVH thread
post #13 of 41 (permalink) Old 02-20-2008, 02:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by screamndemon69 View Post
How about another EVH thread
Isn't it time for the 100 HAM Jem thread?
post #14 of 41 (permalink) Old 02-20-2008, 02:32 AM

Nail hit squarely on the head
post #15 of 41 (permalink) Old 02-20-2008, 03:26 AM

Reviews: 6

So you mean to tell me that i sat for 3 minutes watching this only to re-establish that he's really just a douchebag ? Well there goes a chunk of my life il never have back! Suck if MAB

Tags
alternate picking , guitar shop , local guitar shop , picking technique , steve vai

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode