Alan Lennon - Heavens Call - Jemsite
Players & Bands, Music & Sounds, Tours & Jams, Lessons & Theory! Covers everything from discussing musicians, bands, music, albums, videos, local jams & sharing multimedia links (no illegal file sharing please).

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 12-05-2003, 10:14 AM Thread Starter
dex

Alan Lennon - Heavens Call

Just wanted to give people the heads up about this little known Irish guitar player.
I saw him open Jemfest UK 2003 and was so impressed that I found his site and left an entry in the guest book.
His playing and presence was so impressive that I also had a little blurb in my Jemfest review
Quote:
Originally Posted by dex
I was also mighty impressed by Alan Lennon.
The dude opened the show with his band and proceded to show everyone how little effort it takes him to play so fast and so clean - it should be illegal.
He never looked as if he was trying too hard - just playing with the greatest of ease.
It's not just that he's good as there are a lot of very technically skilled players out there but he is so good that he played all the fast meeedlleeee pasages while casually walking and hardly ever looking down his fretboard.
The only other person that I've seen play as nonchalantly and yet amazingly fast and acurate is on videos of Shawn Lane RIP.
I kid you not.

Anyway I got hold of Alan's CD, called Heavens Call and it is so good it's just amazing.
Very melodic and well structured songs that just flow and fit all together in such a way that you can't believe the person behind it all is only 26 years old.

Just wanted to tell you guys pick up this from Guitar 9 records and you won't regret it.

This guy is going placess.

ilia
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 12-07-2003, 03:03 PM

the little town he lives in is only 30mins from my house

i`ve asked all my friends in bands that live up there but they have never heard of him, quite the enigma

Tags
shawn lane

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode