Alter Bridge - Jemsite
Players & Bands, Music & Sounds, Tours & Jams, Lessons & Theory! Covers everything from discussing musicians, bands, music, albums, videos, local jams & sharing multimedia links (no illegal file sharing please).

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-21-2008, 10:45 AM Thread Starter

Alter Bridge

hey, what do you guy and girls think of the new Alter Bridge Blackbird album?
If you have it or like it what are your fav tracks, I love "ties that bind"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-23-2008, 01:12 PM Thread Starter

Re: Alter Bridge

anyone else got this album, i wasnt impressed with my first listen then it got me, great melodies and some more mature soloing by Tremonti, the tracks watch over me and Blackbird are also great track, blackbird evokes a kinda neo zep to me and it has a very tasteful building solo. ties that bind was okay the first time i heard it then the next time my foot was moving then the next time i wanted to punch someone, great workout music, and you can hear what they're saying! not that theres anything wrong with roaring and screaming im all for it, come on killswitch. anyone out there like em, seen em? i saw them last year and they had a great gig IMO i missed em like a prat last night in birmigham academy tremonti was awsome.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-24-2008, 10:41 PM

It's one of my favorite CDs right now!
post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-25-2008, 01:32 AM

I just bought it last week and was totally floored by it. Mark Tremonti has been wanting to go heavier for a while now. I totally dig the singer's voice.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-25-2008, 08:36 AM Thread Starter

its pure class isnt it!
great solos, great drums, great vocals, great melodies, great lyrics, its not a shred fest but its a way solid album, i urge everyone who hasn't heard them to give em a listen, not so much the radio friendly rise single but the stuff that kick ass. also the vocalist is a real good guitarist so the sound is thick live and the arse doesn't fall out of the tracks when either of them solos.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-25-2008, 09:44 AM

Reviews: 3

I just got it last week, and it's ok. I was listening to it, and noticed on most of the songs, the singer is burried in the mix and over powered by guitars.
I saw Creed before they broke up and was blown away. Their live sound was clean and loud, but my ears didn't ring. I just don't think Alterbridge has many good songs. Tremonte is a good guitarist.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-08-2008, 03:40 PM

Reviews: 3

They're one of my favorite bands..

I was 50/50 on the 1st CD but then it grew on me.
This new one I really dug right away...
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-09-2008, 03:19 PM Thread Starter

nice one i think people assume a creed flavor but instead this stuff has more balls better singing more solos heavier numbers soring melodies cool ballads wicked riffing and harmony's whats not to love?

check out ties that bind anyone whos interested heres the link
http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?...arch&plindex=5

bring back the rock with balls! and singing.

HAGO
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-13-2008, 05:14 AM

I really enjoy a good heavy rock band. Creed was never a favourite due to Scott Stapp's general personality, but I've been impressed by Alter Bridge. It's a pleasant change to hear some singing...

And they both seem to be pretty good players with some real facility in mixing up the solos. I hope they're with us for a long time.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-13-2008, 10:58 AM Thread Starter

i figure and hope they will be, both the AB albums rock also mark tremonti made miles kennedy who is apparently ****e scared of hights do a tandem base jump with him to check his commitment to the band. miles old band had some cool tunes the band was mayfield four and they had some real zep influenced grooves, like carry on and white flag.

anyone who like this type of music might also want to check out a band called stereo side check out some of their tunes on their my space page they are really cool solid tunes the singer sounds like the old singer in hardline with neil schon out of journey. top draw stuff. HAGO
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-27-2008, 10:04 AM

i liked the album tremonti's playing was great but not as good as creed's human clay
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-24-2008, 03:31 PM

AB is an awesome rock band.

Myles is a fantastic person and an amazing singer. He's got great guitar chops too!
AB is a more guitar dominated band vs creed was more (IMO) singer/songwriter approach...

Either way, Im glad AB is doin good!

EYE DIG IT!
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-31-2008, 11:48 PM

I Love AB!! IMO one of the best bands to come out in a long while. Every song is memorable.

Even good to check out Myles Kennedy's (singer) previous band, The Mayfield Four. Very much along the same lines with a good mix of a late 90's feel.

Tags
mark tremonti

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode