Ibanez JEM Forum banner

Alter Bridge

2K views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  justcartilage 
#1 ·
hey, what do you guy and girls think of the new Alter Bridge Blackbird album?
If you have it or like it what are your fav tracks, I love "ties that bind"

#2 ·
anyone else got this album, i wasnt impressed with my first listen then it got me, great melodies and some more mature soloing by Tremonti, the tracks watch over me and Blackbird are also great track, blackbird evokes a kinda neo zep to me and it has a very tasteful building solo. ties that bind was okay the first time i heard it then the next time my foot was moving then the next time i wanted to punch someone, great workout music, and you can hear what they're saying! not that theres anything wrong with roaring and screaming im all for it, come on killswitch. anyone out there like em, seen em? i saw them last year and they had a great gig IMO i missed em like a prat last night in birmigham academy tremonti was awsome.

#5 ·
its pure class isnt it!
great solos, great drums, great vocals, great melodies, great lyrics, its not a shred fest but its a way solid album, i urge everyone who hasn't heard them to give em a listen, not so much the radio friendly rise single but the stuff that kick ass. also the vocalist is a real good guitarist so the sound is thick live and the arse doesn't fall out of the tracks when either of them solos.

#6 ·
I just got it last week, and it's ok. I was listening to it, and noticed on most of the songs, the singer is burried in the mix and over powered by guitars.
I saw Creed before they broke up and was blown away. Their live sound was clean and loud, but my ears didn't ring. I just don't think Alterbridge has many good songs. Tremonte is a good guitarist.

#8 ·
nice one i think people assume a creed flavor but instead this stuff has more balls better singing more solos heavier numbers soring melodies cool ballads wicked riffing and harmony's whats not to love?

check out ties that bind anyone whos interested heres the link

bring back the rock with balls! and singing.

HAGO

#9 ·
I really enjoy a good heavy rock band. Creed was never a favourite due to Scott Stapp's general personality, but I've been impressed by Alter Bridge. It's a pleasant change to hear some singing...

And they both seem to be pretty good players with some real facility in mixing up the solos. I hope they're with us for a long time.

#10 ·
i figure and hope they will be, both the AB albums rock also mark tremonti made miles kennedy who is apparently ****e scared of hights do a tandem base jump with him to check his commitment to the band. miles old band had some cool tunes the band was mayfield four and they had some real zep influenced grooves, like carry on and white flag.

anyone who like this type of music might also want to check out a band called stereo side check out some of their tunes on their my space page they are really cool solid tunes the singer sounds like the old singer in hardline with neil schon out of journey. top draw stuff. HAGO

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.