Any Iron Maiden Fans Here - Jemsite
Players & Bands, Music & Sounds, Tours & Jams, Lessons & Theory! Covers everything from discussing musicians, bands, music, albums, videos, local jams & sharing multimedia links (no illegal file sharing please).

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 30 (permalink) Old 02-27-2008, 08:07 PM Thread Starter

Reviews: 1
Any Iron Maiden Fans Here

I never really listened to Maiden because I HATE the only song I ever hear on the radio, "Run To The Hills". I recently listened to some harmonized solos on youtube and decided to check out Maiden.

I bought the Essential Album, I'm loving it. Cool early metal tone, and playing and songs like Pashendale, Rainmaker, Wicker Man, and Brave New World have really got my attention. I haven't finished both disks yet but I'm liking what I'm hearing.

Is the new album any good? Also, do they use Marshalls?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 30 (permalink) Old 02-27-2008, 08:10 PM

Re: Any Iron Maiden Fans Here

Yea they are pretty cool
post #3 of 30 (permalink) Old 02-27-2008, 08:35 PM

The new album is wicked i saw them live in london,

if you wanna know more about their gears you should get the death on the road DVD, has bonus disc with interviews with their roadies and goes through their gears
post #4 of 30 (permalink) Old 02-27-2008, 08:54 PM

Iron Maiden are great. "Hallowed be thy name" is one of my favorites.
post #5 of 30 (permalink) Old 02-27-2008, 09:08 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by legend View Post
The new album is wicked i saw them live in london,

if you wanna know more about their gears you should get the death on the road DVD, has bonus disc with interviews with their roadies and goes through their gears

I'll have to pick up the new CD.
post #6 of 30 (permalink) Old 02-27-2008, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrash View Post
I never really listened to Maiden because I HATE the only song I ever hear on the radio, "Run To The Hills". I recently listened to some harmonized solos on youtube and decided to check out Maiden.

I bought the Essential Album, I'm loving it. Cool early metal tone, and playing and songs like Pashendale, Rainmaker, Wicker Man, and Brave New World have really got my attention. I haven't finished both disks yet but I'm liking what I'm hearing.

Is the new album any good? Also, do they use Marshalls?
I love Maiden but I'm very picky about my Maiden. I think some of their stuff just kills, ...and other stuff just sucks donkey balls. I personally despised the new album and felt like none of the songs went anywhere, just dead space, and not "my" Maiden. Live After Death is my favorite, and Somewhere In Time, Powerslave and Seventh Son are great albums, though it took me years to warm up to the Seventh Son album.

One thing that is apparent when I listen to maiden, ...if you compare the record versions of their songs to the live performance, the live stuff just slays the record versions. When I hear the original CD version of the stuff on Live After Death, I think it sounds plum ridiculous.

Well, that's my 2-cents worth anyway. Everyone has their own opinions. Mine are strong on this subject.
post #7 of 30 (permalink) Old 02-27-2008, 09:13 PM

I like the new albums. But I agree that they are good live when Bruce is on.
"Fear of the dark" is a freaking great live track. Gives me goose bumps.
post #8 of 30 (permalink) Old 02-27-2008, 09:16 PM

Live after Death shows some great tone by Dave.
post #9 of 30 (permalink) Old 02-27-2008, 09:58 PM

Reviews: 10
Exclamation Re: Any Iron Maiden Fans Here

Surprise!!! I like the 80's stuff better!!!
post #10 of 30 (permalink) Old 02-27-2008, 11:09 PM

A piece of advice, turn off your radio.
post #11 of 30 (permalink) Old 02-27-2008, 11:45 PM

Iron Maiden and Bruce pwns all...I can't believe you don't like Run to the Hills, it kicks ass, but yeah, its sorta like the Enter Sandman of Maiden, played way to much.

If you like Iron Maiden and never heard of Iced Earth, check them out too, similar but a bit heavier...
post #12 of 30 (permalink) Old 02-27-2008, 11:54 PM

I love Maiden - many great albums in the 80's (Piece of Mind, 7th Son, Powerslave)...
post #13 of 30 (permalink) Old 02-27-2008, 11:59 PM

i loved the paul diano years the raw sound they got then was awsome and my fave tune is strange world love the tone in the intro solo
post #14 of 30 (permalink) Old 02-28-2008, 01:01 AM

Everything but the Blaze Bayley era.

I'm not wildly keen on the new one despite all the critics raving about it. One thing you could always rely on with all the albums was a bit you could sing in the shower - this one doesn't really have anything like that.

And the big three - Number of the Beast, Piece of Mind and Powerslave - are the best consecutive metal albums ever (even though Powerslave had the bog awgul Losfer Words on it and concentrated a bit too much on swordfighting...)
post #15 of 30 (permalink) Old 02-28-2008, 08:58 AM Thread Starter

What songs have the best harmonized guitars parts?

Tags
adrian smith , heavy metal , iron maiden

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode