Any one here has the Tetsuo Sakurai, Greg Howe, Dennis Chambers DVD? - Jemsite
Players & Bands, Music & Sounds, Tours & Jams, Lessons & Theory! Covers everything from discussing musicians, bands, music, albums, videos, local jams & sharing multimedia links (no illegal file sharing please).

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-26-2005, 11:15 AM Thread Starter
RCB

Any one here has the Tetsuo Sakurai, Greg Howe, Dennis Chambers DVD?

I ve been trying to import this from the biggest local music chainstore here in Mexico but they tell me its imposible. Its not even in amazon.

The clips in Greg Howe site are amazing so I REALLY need to get this!

Does any one here own it?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-26-2005, 11:58 AM

Re: Any one here has the Tetsuo Sakurai, Greg Howe, Dennis Chambers DVD?

you can buy it from here : www.abstractlogix.com , its extremely pricey, because its imported
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-26-2005, 02:16 PM Thread Starter
RCB

No I cant, because the wont specify the type of shipment they will use. And if its not DHL or FEDEX door to door, and the mexican courier gets involved, there is a great chance that I will never get it.

That happened to me about a year ago with amazon. Luckily they refund me (i bought from amazon several times from argentina and never had a problem, so thats why they probably trusted me when I told them I never got the DVDs).

I could buy it from Argentina, but the customs fee is about 30-50% so the DVD will end up costing me around 100USD (shipping included).
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-26-2005, 02:32 PM

That is steep. Amazon is a good place to shop and you can use dhl express to get your packages quickly. Where has this one been printed?
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-26-2005, 04:36 PM
rgr

Amazon doesn't have it, it's a Japanese release so you have to go through an importer. I've been thinking about ordering it too, but it is a little pricey.

You can also try here: http://www.audiophileimports.com/cgi...&SUBMIT=Search

Roger
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-26-2005, 04:46 PM

Talking Re: Any one here has the Tetsuo Sakurai, Greg Howe, Dennis Chambers DVD?

Wow, I didn't know that DVD was already released, COOL!!!

Regards

André

post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-27-2005, 11:10 AM

Whilst I've not seen this in the stores here, I looked at Japanese CD sites, and it's about 5000 Yen, around 48 US dollars. So I think the price hasn't been jacked up massively because it's an import disc.

I visited greghowe.com and the "japan clips" in the multimedia section are absolutely amazing. The musicianship and fluidity are superb.

Last edited by hamand; 07-27-2005 at 11:33 AM.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-27-2005, 11:22 AM

i got it from audiophile imports. $60 but well worth it, great line up!
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-27-2005, 01:33 PM Thread Starter
RCB

Well I hate to say this, but I guess I will have to wait till its available as an avi on a P2P (I own more than 60 original music DVDs, more than 100 overall original DVDs and 30 original XBOX games, hence I dont condone piracy).

I dont have a problem to pay for the product, but if its just not available, its just too bad.

I remember I paid around 70 bucks for 3 Andy Timmons Cds I bought from amazon, even though Ive already have most of the songs on mp3s.

I wouldnt hesitate to order on line if they gave me the option to choose what kind of courier. But of the 2 online USA stores the only one that gives you the option to choose your courier services only gives that option in the continental USA, the other one doesnt give the option at all.

And Im not even getting into the fact that it would cost me around 100USD to get that DVD, wich is just insane.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-28-2005, 06:55 AM

How much would DHL cost from Japan do you think?
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-28-2005, 10:05 AM Thread Starter
RCB

I dont know for certain, but I guess at least 15 - 20 (may be more) bucks for the door to door service.

Tags
andy timmons

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Similar Searches

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode