Ibanez JEM Forum banner

Anybody in or around Scranton , PA

1K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  DEADTUNES666 
#1 ·
Just moved to Scranton in Aug 07, from Jersey...Going to be opening a music related business and wanted to get some feedback from guys in the area. What do you feel are the good and bad points of this area musically? What is lacking, if anything? I've met, and talked to a few local musicians and been to most of the music stores here. Any feedback would be great. Of course I'll expect the obligatory sarcasm, and that'll also be great!
Thanks in advance...

#4 ·
I'm going to revive this simply because I have some gigging news! :mrgreen:

If anyone is around the area I'll be at

May 21st Coopers Seafood House & Restaurant (Scranton) 8pm-11pm
June 5th Coopers Seafood House & Restaurant (Scranton) 8pm-11pm
June 24th Quaker Steak & Ale (Dickson City, PA) 6pm-9:30pm
July 8th Coopers Seafood house & Restaurant (Scranton) 7pm-10pm
July 9th Country Lanes & Old #7 Sports Bar & Grill (Elmhurst, PA)

I do a solo act. Guitarist/Vocalist performing cover tunes from the 50's up to today...Although a large portion of my stuff is 60's-70's-80's...I have had to add quite a few tunes from the 90's, so if you want to check out my stuff, stop on by! I'm awaiting more bookings, and will let you know... :D

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Achilles-Darton/306107448552?ref=ts

#6 ·
I picked up a dee jay gig tonight at:

SAN CATALDO SOCIETY
316 ELIZABETH STREET
DUNMORE, PA

for The Annual East Scranton Little League Night At The Races (21 and over)... See More

DOORS OPEN AT 6:00 PM WITH THE FIRST RACE STARTING AT 7:00. THE COST IS $10 FOR ALL THE FOOD AND BEER YOU CAN DRINK. Kind of a good deal I guess...Gigging for money rocks. Feels good to be getting paid for gigs again! :D

I'll be playing a nice mix of songs from the 60's to today with a large emphasis on the 70's and 80's...Rock-Pop-Funk-R&B-Country...Hopefully I'll have it all...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.