The band RUSH - Jemsite
Players & Bands, Music & Sounds, Tours & Jams, Lessons & Theory! Covers everything from discussing musicians, bands, music, albums, videos, local jams & sharing multimedia links (no illegal file sharing please).

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 34 (permalink) Old 11-17-2005, 03:33 PM Thread Starter

The band RUSH

This band is so awesome and talented. Geddy Lee is one of my favorite bass players as is Neil Peart on the drums. What are your thoughts on the band? Their new two-disc dvd RUSH-R30 comes out NOV 22nd and its a must have dvd if you're a fan. I was able to score a copy from a friend of mine that works for umvd and the quality of the audio and visuals makes it even better, since the 2004 Germany concert on the dvd was filmed with high definition cameras. It also contains footage of the bands music, work, and interviews that they have done over the years. I came across an article online about the dvd if any of you want to check it out: http://www.noblepr.co.uk/Press_Relea...y/rush_r30.htm
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 34 (permalink) Old 11-17-2005, 03:38 PM

Re: The band RUSH

I really like Rush when I was younger i use to listen to them all the time, but last summer 04', I did see them Live in upstate NY, it was great show, they played alot of the older stuff too.. I also have the Rush In Rio DVD, which the concert was pretty much based on. Oh ya and The Drum solo was amazing...
post #3 of 34 (permalink) Old 11-17-2005, 03:52 PM

Here's one more Rich (inside joke)

Yes they are pretty amazing...specially all that depth in the music for only three members. I saw them live in 04' at Fiddlers Green (outdoor amphitheatre)

WOW!!!
post #4 of 34 (permalink) Old 11-17-2005, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJEMMER777
Here's one more Rich (inside joke)

Yes they are pretty amazing...specially all that depth in the music for only three members. I saw them live in 04' at Fiddlers Green (outdoor amphitheatre)

WOW!!!
Wher I was in saratoga, was also a outdoor amphitheatre I think, it had roof over half the seating and the rest was open, I sat on the hill watch a TV screen most of the time. I saw Extreme also there awhile back when they were still together.
post #5 of 34 (permalink) Old 11-17-2005, 04:15 PM

NUNO NUNO NUNO...yeah! Oops...sorry to get off the orignal RUSH topic
post #6 of 34 (permalink) Old 11-17-2005, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tama_drumster
This band is so awesome and talented
get out of town, really?
post #7 of 34 (permalink) Old 11-24-2005, 08:54 PM

I've been a Rush fan since 1980.For awhile,I didnt even bother listening to other bands much at all.They still are by far my favorite band.
I've seen them live quite a few times,and was in the front row at the Hold Your Fire tour.Right between Neil and Alex.It was like a religous experience for me .
Even got my wife and a few other family members and friends hooked on 'em.
My wife and I took our niece to see them on the R30 tour,and she (my wife) was 8 1/2 months pregnant with our son,so he better be a Rush fan or else...
post #8 of 34 (permalink) Old 11-24-2005, 09:53 PM

I've always liked Rush. Great band and Neil Peart has to be one of my favorite drummers.
post #9 of 34 (permalink) Old 11-25-2005, 01:01 AM

2112 through Grace Under Pressure really formed my musicial foundation. I love that band.
post #10 of 34 (permalink) Old 11-25-2005, 01:08 AM

Rush is absolutely incredible. I love them, I've seen them every tour since Hold Your Fire, and they've put on a great show every damn time. AND Alex Lifeson is the most overlooked and underrated guitarist, IMO.

Although, they are Canadian...
post #11 of 34 (permalink) Old 11-25-2005, 09:29 AM

RUSH: the original Dream Theater.

I haven't heard much of their newer stuff. But from 2112 thru Presto, I'm a fan.

Nothing wrong w/ Canadian; I dig Triumph and Gordon Lightfoot too.
post #12 of 34 (permalink) Old 11-25-2005, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JESTER700
RUSH: the original Dream Theater.
what a horrible thing to say about Rush. DT is musical masturbation, nothing more.

Has anyone heard Gary Schutt's 'Rush Medley'? It fuses about 50 Rush songs together seamlessly. He's playing all the instruments too.

IM me or PM me your email address and i'll send it over. It's 7.6 MB.

~K
post #13 of 34 (permalink) Old 11-26-2005, 11:45 PM

Reviews: 4

Ouch, Kenny! Although I'd have to agree with DT's last few albums.

Rush is amazing. They're not everyone's cup of tea, but they're still putting out stuff that's different from CD to CD. Not rehashing the same crap over and over like Aerosmith and others "bands".
post #14 of 34 (permalink) Old 11-27-2005, 06:52 PM

Rush, DT

If you ever cruise the Rush forums, you'll see a lot of Dream Theater bashing in the style of DT="musical masturbation". I don't want to hijack this thread, but I have yet to hear a DT song that conveyed soul and not cheese (that singer...man...). I look forward to hear JP's playing on the new G3 CD to see if it changes my mind.

Rush is great, the R30 tour was great, the two shows I saw before that were great. Obviously, they're an acquired taste. Because they're goofy and because they pretty much do what they want musically, there are a lot of odd things that go into their tunes - but that makes them that much more rewarding.

The last original studio album, Vapor Trails, is a great disc, and every bit as complex and aggressive as their earlier stuff. Except no 12-20 minute epics like they used to do, which I still miss.
post #15 of 34 (permalink) Old 11-27-2005, 07:16 PM

the singer sounds like a woman.

Tags
alex lifeson

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode