The Black Page - Jemsite
Players & Bands, Music & Sounds, Tours & Jams, Lessons & Theory! Covers everything from discussing musicians, bands, music, albums, videos, local jams & sharing multimedia links (no illegal file sharing please).

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-26-2002, 05:12 PM Thread Starter

The Black Page

Hi,

Do any of you fine people possess the knowledge of where I can attain a tab of "the black page"- Frank Zappa, or even an mp3?

Thankyou!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-26-2002, 07:09 PM

search this very forum..............

a young guy named Justin tabbed it about a year ago......
if you use the forum search engine youll find it.

Steve
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-29-2002, 02:39 PM Thread Starter

thanks for your help Devo, but the pages have seemed to expire...
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-24-2002, 01:02 PM

The famous Zappa's black page... The name of the song gives it all...brilliant piece but there are maybe 5 or 6 versions of that son that I know. Some og them are only drum, some are with guitar, some are with clapping hands...

FZ quote of the day: Music is the best!!
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-25-2002, 07:10 AM

Frank released at least two albums dedicated exclusively to guitar solos. One is Shut Up and Play Your Guitar", and the other is simply titled "Guitar". I have seen a transcription book for the latter. I think - if I'm not mistaken, that some of the transcriptions were penned by none other that Frank's "Little Italian Virtuoso" - you know who... Get familiar with the Zappa catalogue - it really is some of the most important music yet recorded.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-25-2002, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alza777
thanks for your help Devo, but the pages have seemed to expire...
i found this in a search of this forum: http://www.jemsite.com/phpbb/viewtop...ighlight=black
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-25-2002, 03:41 PM

Spacenuke,

I wasn't able to view or download from the link you provided.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-30-2002, 07:44 PM

email justin and ask him for it..... he is a really nice guy im sure hell be only too glad to help!!

D

Tags
frank zappa

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode