Blind Guardian Using Ibanez in Studio! - Jemsite
Players & Bands, Music & Sounds, Tours & Jams, Lessons & Theory! Covers everything from discussing musicians, bands, music, albums, videos, local jams & sharing multimedia links (no illegal file sharing please).

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-29-2014, 01:02 AM Thread Starter

Blind Guardian Using Ibanez in Studio!

Blind Guardian released a teaser of their new single, "Twilight of the Gods," and well it looks like Andre Olbrich put down the long standing ESP for some RGs! I'm pretty excited and have a little hope for a Signature model seeing as how guitar co.s are taking notice to these wonderful Power Metal guitarists (Kiko, Herman, Elias). Vid Link so you know I'm not yankin' your chain. Also if there is any likelihood of an Andre Olbrich sig, I will buy them all!

Ave Atque Vale!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-29-2014, 03:26 AM

Re: Blind Guardian Using Ibanez in Studio!

please...make it the red RG.
I don't know why so many new ibanez players avoiding RG for their basic signature model?
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-29-2014, 03:37 AM Thread Starter

Yeah, I definitely think he'd be an RGT kind of guy.... red nonetheless! I always wondered why ESP never made one for the guy. He sounds way better than those demon burger guys! :]
post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-30-2014, 04:09 AM

One guitarist for Twilight force uses a reverse headstock RG, and both of the guitarists for Australia's Vanishing point use RGs. Met the VP guys last week, really cool and we chatted a lot about Ibanez They are just as crazy as we are here
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-30-2014, 09:49 AM Thread Starter

Nice! The other Aussie band Voyager uses Ibanez'z exclusively as well! All I can say is cross those fingers. I just had a revelation, ESP gave those no names from Dimmu Borgir signature guitars, and never hit up the power house, AKA Abbath of Immortal. What's wrong with these companies?
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-30-2014, 09:57 AM

ESP in Japan will find EVERY V-kei band they can and instantly give them signature guitars, just to make themselves look better. Let's look at all the V-kei crap ESP has released:

http://www.espguitars.co.jp/artist/

Look at all that over-used make-up.

ESP is a company that will give ANYONE a signature guitar, heck, they gave Gary Holt one and also gave Javier Reyes one (they essentially stole him from Carvin by paying him tons of cash, Carvin wants people who care about the product, not about money).

Ibanez is stingy with Signature models (Chris Broderick practically begged Hoshino to make him a sig because he loves Ibanez, but they wouldn't so he jumped ship to Schecter IIRC) but I think by being stingy, they are saying "We only want the BEST guitar players in the world representing us." Sure I'd love to see quite a few other guitarists get sigs from Ibanez, but hey, Ibanez is showing that you better be one of the world's best guitarists or else you can buy a production model like everyone else. I like Ibanez's long term business strategy a LOT more than ESPs.
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-30-2014, 10:04 AM Thread Starter

I came across the VK stuff a bit ago, pretty ladies.. uhnmm... men. You are right, Ibanez artist sigs have some staying power, that is for certain. I would just kill for an Andre Olbrich guitar, and I personally think he has both the legacy and skill to make one! Who knows though, he might turn down offers left and right to uphold some kind of integrity as well! :]
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-30-2014, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaiekMire View Post
I came across the VK stuff a bit ago, pretty ladies.. uhnmm... men. You are right, Ibanez artist sigs have some staying power, that is for certain. I would just kill for an Andre Olbrich guitar, and I personally think he has both the legacy and skill to make one! Who knows though, he might turn down offers left and right to uphold some kind of integrity as well! :]
I mean, look at T-Mac and Nita Strauss. They don't have sigs but they are endorsees and they get the LA Custom shop to make custom models for them that no one else can have. I think that's actually really cool. Who cares about a production signature model when the custom shop will make whatever you want for you?
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-30-2014, 11:54 AM Thread Starter

I want to pretend I'm Andre though, not munky from korn. :]
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-30-2014, 10:05 PM

I'm talking about the 6 string signature model that made into production , which based on RG model.

I don't see anyone after Petrucci.

A lot of Ibanez players use RG, even LA custom shop ones, but none of them make into production.
post #11 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-30-2014, 11:01 PM Thread Starter

I hear you guys, even that Jake Bowen RG looking thing has the top bevels in the horns. I watched a vid of Herman Li getting his made and it seemed like the LA Custom guys weren't going to let him walk away with a Standard S series with a Edge trem in it. I could see their push for uniqueness.
post #12 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-03-2015, 07:13 AM

I'm from germany, just wondering, is Blind Guardian a big deal elsewhere?
I love them alot, so, not sooooo much wondering. But still.
Are they well known in usa for example?

Greetings.
post #13 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-03-2015, 07:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuitKaz View Post
I'm from germany, just wondering, is Blind Guardian a big deal elsewhere?
I love them alot, so, not sooooo much wondering. But still.
Are they well known in usa for example?

Greetings.
Not well-known in the USA (most Americans don't like power metal, I'm a rare breed), but in the metal community in Japan, most people know BG.
post #14 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-03-2015, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatiasTolkki View Post
Not well-known in the USA (most Americans don't like power metal, I'm a rare breed), but in the metal community in Japan, most people know BG.
Well, I was sure with Japan (haha), however i never felt like Blind Guardian is Power Metal (well sure it is somehow).

I think they got a rly unique sound. Sure its Metal, and its Power, but if i look at other power-metal bands its just another styl. Dont u think?

Thanks for ur answer.
post #15 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-03-2015, 09:31 PM

yeah, it's power metal with different voicing LOL.

Power metal like old Helloween ( Kai and Kiske era), Edguy, Hammerfall , they are in the same style.

I don't know about gamma ray, don't like their stuffs too much.
As well the new Helloween ( Deris era) is also 'different'.

Tags
andre olbrich , blind guardian , power metal , signature , twilight of the gods

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode