Blue Octagon - Jemsite
Players & Bands, Music & Sounds, Tours & Jams, Lessons & Theory! Covers everything from discussing musicians, bands, music, albums, videos, local jams & sharing multimedia links (no illegal file sharing please).

1Likes
  • 1 Post By logicbdj

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-12-2017, 11:37 AM Thread Starter

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-14-2017, 12:11 PM

Reviews: 6
Re: Blue Octagon

so you sing now!!! lol

A Satchy vibe in the 1st part, after it changes when the vocal enters. I would have kept the 2nd part continue longer
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-14-2017, 01:58 PM Thread Starter

I had a few hours to kill and put that together, which is why it's only about 2.5 minutes long. I often add vocals to my stuff, but usually in small amounts... I usually treat vocals like a lead solo, if you know what I mean. I'm stuck with my voice, since I record alone, and so it is what it is. :-)
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-14-2017, 03:01 PM

If you have just started playing guitar you probably want to know what are the guitar chords for country songs, how many chords should I learn, what happens if the chord shapes are difficult to play.

Acoustic guitars are great to take with you anywhere and are ideally suited to playing country songs. The guitar chords you use for country songs will depend on whether it's a two chord or three chord song.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-14-2017, 03:25 PM Thread Starter

nomalegg... not sure how your post relates, lol. Meant for another thread perhaps?
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-14-2017, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by logicbdj View Post
I had a few hours to kill and put that together, which is why it's only about 2.5 minutes long.
Did you start from scratch?

Quote:
Originally Posted by logicbdj View Post
I often add vocals to my stuff, but usually in small amounts... I usually treat vocals like a lead solo, if you know what I mean. I'm stuck with my voice, since I record alone, and so it is what it is. :-)
No pb with your voice, I was surprised the way it came in, actually like a solo, with is what you just explained. This is quite unusual but why not.
I'm thinking about putting some vocals or other vocal effects in future creations, maybe more whistle than voice actually. I'll see if some idea shows up in the next months...

about the other 'not related post', some other not related posts were done on other topics, from the same account. Looks like spam or equivalent
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-14-2017, 07:48 PM Thread Starter

I do all my stuff from scratch... sometimes start with a riff or some arpeggio sequences (this particular song), then I punch in some chords in Band in a Box for accompaniment. And then I build it from there. Once I get it all together, I then record it. Some pieces may take 2-3 days (an hour here and there, not 2-3 days straight), whereas others (this one) may only take 2-3 hours.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-28-2017, 02:41 PM

well, I'm taking an eternity compare to you!
I, most of the time, take months or years between the birth of an idea and the final mix issuing...
I find lots of ideas (riffs, chords progressions, melodies, etc) but I'm struggling to find a structure, or other ideas to fit with, and then I'm rather lazy as I used to jam/practice more than record. FInally we have only 1 PC at home and I've not that much time to spend on music, otherwise my wife would kill me quickly...
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-01-2017, 01:08 PM Thread Starter

A PC solution. For Christmas buy her a pink computer... then go to Michaels (or some other craft store)... but some stick on crystals/jewels and jazz it up. She'll be so busy surfing and think you're super romantic to notice you banging out some tunes.
doriangrey likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode