Blue Powder Tips - Jemsite
Players & Bands, Music & Sounds, Tours & Jams, Lessons & Theory! Covers everything from discussing musicians, bands, music, albums, videos, local jams & sharing multimedia links (no illegal file sharing please).

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-16-2006, 09:53 AM Thread Starter

Blue Powder Tips

its late at night here and I have a solo performance tmr. I was planning to do Blue Powder, I guess I left it to the last minute. I dont know what to do. Excuses wont work this, tmrs the last day for performances, or else 0 marks. I havent even finished the song, and not even practiced it once with the backing track. Anyone got any tips for this song and should I play with the original track? I might be able to do this, cause for some reason the PAW book says it has 2 guitars that do pretty much the same thing. I can show him the score and may be able to play with the original track. Should I do that?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-16-2006, 10:04 AM

Re: Blue Powder Tips

quit posting here and get practicing would be the best suggestion..
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-16-2006, 10:21 AM Thread Starter

ahh iam going to sleep now. its very late. lets hope when i wake up there will be someone that has posted here and magically given me a solution to this.
post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-16-2006, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by klp2332
ahh iam going to sleep now. its very late. lets hope when i wake up there will be someone that has posted here and magically given me a solution to this.
"quit posting here and get practicing"

I'd say ibanezcollector gave you the best solution you're gonna get. That or hide an ipod in your control cavity and do some serious finger-syncing.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-16-2006, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibanezcollector
quit posting here and get practicing would be the best suggestion..
+1 ... very good advice
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-16-2006, 02:06 PM

Suggestion? Yeah... Next time, start practicing weeks in advance. You're not going to "magically" learn a Vai tune in one morning, I don't care who you are.

Does it have to be note-for-note? If not, my vote would be to go in there and try to improvise around the "feel" of the solo. Otherwise, I wish I could find a more gentle way to break it to you, but you're screwed and sympathy is all you can hope for here on the part of whoever grades you.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-16-2006, 08:45 PM
Gex

Wake up early and practice you ass off all day, thats the only way.

Also, what Drew said about improvising the solo would work too.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-17-2006, 04:27 AM Thread Starter

ahh i did it today. It was okay, i did some improv, and it turned it really bad sounding. I was aiming for an A+ or A, but I probably got a B today. Oh well. I'll try harder next time.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-17-2006, 05:57 AM

Hey you got a copy of the backing track?

My computer crashed on me last week all my data was wiped out. I need one really badly, if you could send me one, or better yet upload it somewhere for us to share that will be great man!

Glad to hear it went well for you.

Chris.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-17-2006, 07:03 AM Thread Starter

You know you can find almost any backing track in this world at http://www.guitarbt.com/index.php
But ive uploaded it for you
http://www.ravingnun.com/music/uploa...king Track.mp3
Copy and paste into browser if doesnt work.

Last edited by klp2332; 03-17-2006 at 09:03 AM.
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-17-2006, 08:59 AM

Smile Re: Blue Powder Tips

Quote:
Originally Posted by klp2332
ahh i did it today. It was okay, i did some improv, and it turned it really bad sounding. I was aiming for an A+ or A, but I probably got a B today. Oh well. I'll try harder next time.
How can you aim that high without practice? It doesn't make sense. In any case, a B is still not bad and shows you probably did somethings right anyway. Next time though, do practice in advance, so that even if you have to improvise a bit, it still goes okay.

The other solution, of course would be to aim low.
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-18-2006, 11:47 AM

hey kpl2332 thanks for posting the file for me, and of course for everyone else!

Blue Powder is my fave vai song by far, I've always wanted to learn it!

The time has come!

post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-16-2006, 06:31 AM

Thanks for posting that backing track, man! I've been wanting that for so long, and now I can feck up the song in style!!

Tags
backing track , steve vai

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode