Bodylanguage while playing? - Jemsite
Players & Bands, Music & Sounds, Tours & Jams, Lessons & Theory! Covers everything from discussing musicians, bands, music, albums, videos, local jams & sharing multimedia links (no illegal file sharing please).

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-24-2002, 01:17 PM Thread Starter

Bodylanguage while playing?

I was wondering...Recently I've read a collumn by Vai. It did said that when he plays guitar, he expresses the music on his face to feel it deeper. Everybody who saw Vai live know what I mean. He smiles, is angry, dreams, act weird...
He acts the story of the song while playing.

Some other guitarist stay (outside) cool. They don't make faces or jump around.

It is another type of concentration.

How does your bodylanguage influences your guitarplaying?

It stays weird to make all those faces in my bedroom while playing but I feel it helps...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-24-2002, 01:34 PM
EKG

I say just do whatever comes natural.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-24-2002, 06:51 PM

i second that. i have a habit of moving the guitar with the sound and i like 2 i duno why but it helps
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-28-2002, 12:18 PM

my playing definitely gets more entertaining as I play but not necessarily better. i can stand there like a bump on a log and love it, or I can play so hard that I cant stand and drop to my knees, or other times i get so into it I will walk out and dance with the kids to a degree while still playing. it more depends on my mood than on what im playing
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-28-2002, 12:30 PM

I just watched a video of my band at a gig and realized that when i'm playing rhythm, i jump around like a madman. when i'm soloing, i just stand there like a block, concentrating real hard to get it right.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-06-2003, 11:49 AM

I was at a bar with my wife this weekend and the guitar player for the band on stage was actually watching the football game while soloing...impressive but not that much fun to watch (him that is, the game was fine)
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-06-2003, 12:47 PM

Reviews: 2
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Heh... I have these Joe Satriani smiling things goin' on while playing. Especially on stage, I try to really make contact with the audience and I do make a lot of jokes with my keyboard player.

It's much more fun when there's some spectacle goin' on. I used to play in a great band last year (on my musicschool - so it was a selection of musicians), but they were all so 'still' onstage. The band I'm in now, we be goin' crazy on stage!

Tags
joe satriani

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode