Canadian Jemfest, - Enough talk, lets do it already!!!!! - Jemsite
Players & Bands, Music & Sounds, Tours & Jams, Lessons & Theory! Covers everything from discussing musicians, bands, music, albums, videos, local jams & sharing multimedia links (no illegal file sharing please).

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 43 (permalink) Old 09-20-2001, 07:12 PM Thread Starter

Canadian Jemfest, - Enough talk, lets do it already!!!!!

Let's continue here before we get in trouble from Kevan LOL!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 43 (permalink) Old 09-20-2001, 07:17 PM

Canadian Jemfest,

:laugh:

yes, I agree, I remember that monstrous list of gear. BUT as you said, it makes it hard for people like me.

-Justin
post #3 of 43 (permalink) Old 09-20-2001, 07:27 PM

Canadian Jemfest,

I'm all for a Canadian Jemfest! I probably can't travel much farther East than perhaps Winnipeg, though.
post #4 of 43 (permalink) Old 09-20-2001, 07:45 PM

Canadian Jemfest,

hey littlegreenman, how far is red deer from, lets say, calgary or edmonton? i've been to both, but i don't think i've been to your town (might've driven through it on that bit cross country drive i did with my dad and my bro)

i'll check out the fares for the buses and planes from ontario to alberta and post em here for all us eastern guys and gals... i'd be all up for goin to your place for this! maybe they've got group fares for some stuff, so maybe all us ontario dudes could meet up and work together...

i want this to happen!!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup:
post #5 of 43 (permalink) Old 09-20-2001, 07:47 PM

Canadian Jemfest,

A place like a Ramada hotel would work well.. You can rent rooms, and rent out a conference room too.
post #6 of 43 (permalink) Old 09-20-2001, 09:29 PM

Canadian Jemfest,

to quote the pink fairies (and the henry rollins band)

dont talk about it .... do it

it would be cool, i know i won't be able to see it but ..... you could tell us about it !
post #7 of 43 (permalink) Old 09-20-2001, 10:57 PM Thread Starter

Canadian Jemfest,

Red Deer is right in between Calgary and Edmonton, about an hour and a half from either one, it's totally central, though I would have to pick Calgary for a Jemfest over Edmonton!!!! hehe

Jeremy
post #8 of 43 (permalink) Old 09-20-2001, 11:19 PM

Canadian Jemfest,

I'd be so up for this. *Even though I'd personally rather have it in Toronto than Calgary or Edmonton, those locations are still very good. *Point is, I'd be there. *
post #9 of 43 (permalink) Old 09-20-2001, 11:23 PM

Canadian Jemfest,

i second that... ontario is cool, but wherever jemfest ends up being, i'll definately be there
post #10 of 43 (permalink) Old 09-20-2001, 11:53 PM

Canadian Jemfest,

Just about the farthest I can make is Winnipeg

Ok, who's in so far?
post #11 of 43 (permalink) Old 09-21-2001, 11:08 AM

Canadian Jemfest,

When will it be? Do you allow Texans?
post #12 of 43 (permalink) Old 09-21-2001, 12:16 PM

Canadian Jemfest,

heheh if you want to drive up all the way from texas, i'm pretty sure you'd be welomed as a fellow jemsiter...

oh, and i checked out the rehearsal space at my univeristy (york, in toronto)... its pretty nice, so if any other ontario-people or anybody in toronto (or anyone else who wants to come over here) wants to have a pre-'fest jam i'd be welcome signing you guys in and reserving a rehearsal room. it'd be cool

about jemfest itself, i think all we need to do is get a time and a place and we're set... we also need some sort of a long weekend or something where we can travel to the 'fest and back without interfering with our daily lives (school, work, etc.)

hmm......
post #13 of 43 (permalink) Old 09-21-2001, 04:17 PM

Canadian Jemfest,

The jam at York would definately sound cool. *Guelph is only about 45 minutes from Toronto by car, and I can get there pretty easily considering I spend most of my time there anyways.

As far as dates are concerned, it depends how soon we want to hold this. *And Bob, yes, you'd be very welcome! *You might have to live in one of our igloos and learn how to pronounce "eh", if that's a problem? *hahahaha * *Only joking of course!!

In fact, any of you Jemsiters in the US should come up for this. *I say this mainly because since the Canadian dollar sucks a$$, it wouldn't be very expensive for you to come up for some good jamming. *Just a thought though.

post #14 of 43 (permalink) Old 09-21-2001, 06:57 PM

Canadian Jemfest,

cool, it'd be awesome if a couple of you guys could come over to york university and jam at the music college there... its awesome.. music isn't my major (psychology is) but i take a few music courses and the people who live and study over at the music college full time are awesome, they're living my dream!

i know this awesome drummer, a couple bassists, and a few guitarists who might be interested too, and all these guys are all talented musicians (alot of em are into rock as well as jazz and classical, i was talking to this DT and Zappa fan today, cool guy, he was a bassist)

just tell me who's coming and i'll sign up for the rehearsal room and maybe talk to a couple drummers and bassists and other guitarists and see who's up for it

heheh maybe i could even get you into one of our college parties if theres one goin on... and besides, york is huge, its got a freakin shopping mall in the middle of it!! food court and all!! so it'd definately be a nice whole day thing with food and stuff going on besides jamming, so y'all should have fun if we do this...

that's all i know for the pre-'fest stuff... we need to do the real thing though!!! it'd be the best!
post #15 of 43 (permalink) Old 09-21-2001, 07:48 PM Thread Starter

Canadian Jemfest,

Ok, well, to start then, let's pick location I think, I don't really know if I can go much farther than Winnipeg, as I'll be driving, (you're welcome to come with me Kremlin) but if you want to travel out this way, I may even be able to come up with some sponsors in Calgary at a couple music stores. *
Either way, Let's take a poll, list your first choice and second choice,

Let's say
Calgary
Winninpeg
Toronto

My choice is Calgary first, then Winnipeg, I doubt I could make Toronto right now. *Then, start thinking weekends, we are going to be into the winter yuck season here soon, so if we want to do this now, we need to hurry, or if we want to wait until after the xmas season, either way, location, then date. *The thanksgiving long weekend is next, but that's way to close to think about. *(remember, it's in October up here LOL) *I don't know when the next long weekend is after that, why didn't you guys hop onboard a couple months ago when I first brought this up!!! LOL

And Bob, you better be here dude!!! LOL, I wanna see that MC!!!!!!

So, my votes are in,
Calgary first
Winnipeg second

Lets here yours

Jeremy

Tags
dweezil zappa , music store , tony macalpine , yngwie malmsteen

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode