Just wanted to share with you some pics of my Jem project that I recently finished, and being my second assembly. Even if I do say so myself, this guitar is both visually and sonically beautiful, and I am pretty happy with the result. I assembled it from parts collected from all over the place, especially the evilbay, and a huge sincere thanks to Christopher Woods for the AMAZING neck. I cut a monkeygrip and angled input jack slot, re-finished the body with a crackle black and clear, and added a mirror to the headstock. Some specs;
- Body was an old basswood RG750.
- Neck is 24 fret maple with ebony fretboard, holoflek vine and blue leds. Profile is similar to the 777 necks, quite rounded and chunky, and original neck joint.
- Pickups are Dimarzio Evo2 bridge - Blue Velvet middle - Evolution neck (WOW WOW WOW what a combination!!! This is now easily my favourite pickup set)
- Standard 5-way switching, but I left the tone pot out entirely.
- Ibanez Edge trem.
- Chrome hardware and mirror pickguard with holoflek vine pattern.
I guess this thing should be called something like Jem777VCB (vine crackle black) ?
And a group shot of my ibanez electrics.